• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Quest for the Legends - DVD audio commentary

Music Dragon

Doosic Maggon
Pronoun
she
Since the DVD version of The Quest for the Legends is coming out soon, I figured it would be fun to give you guys a taste of what the extra features are going to be like! Here's an excerpt from the audio commentary, featuring the director (that's me).

Click here!

Isn't that the OC trainer fic that looks like it was written by a 12 year old? It looks about the same as every other Pokemon trainer fic I've read. How the fuck can Butterfree still be trying to salvage this shit? It's a horribly written cliche filled pile of shit.

I was going to make a fanfic once, but then I saw how shitty it was and I stopped. I don't do fanfics anymore.

This is my opinion, don't fucking rip my dick off because of it okay?

Isn't that the OC trainer fic that looks like it was written by a 12 year old? It looks about the same as every other Pokemon trainer fic I've read. How the fuck can Butterfree still be trying to salvage this shit? It's a horribly written cliche filled pile of shit.

I was going to make a fanfic once, but then I saw how shitty it was and I stopped. I don't do fanfics anymore.

Look, I know you're still upset about not getting the part, but your Mrs. Grodski just doesn't measure up to Maggie Smith's. Better luck next time, eh?

Very insightful commentary from the director here. If you don't get this DVD you're really missing out, guys.

If you don't like it, nothing's stopping you from leaving.

About the DVD commentary: "Why don't we get Charmander as Charmander?" "I've never actually directed a musical before" gold

Last edited:
I don't know, I personally see the decision not to go with the same actor for Mark and his mother as an excellent example of artistic cowardice in the face of the pressures of the popular market. It's true, seeing the both of them on screen in different roles would have challenged viewers, but do we not seek out art so that we might be challenged? Would being introduced to a new semiotic experience really have turned so many off of the movie? Or would it have awoken in them a longing for more complex narrative form and a message beyond the ordinary milieu of that reliable summer tentpole, the "trainer journey movie?"

Similarly, a version of the movie without Mark would have been daring, a striking statement about the nature of narrative and absence. But of course the studio would rather be profitable than daring, wouldn't it?

The movie had so much potential to speak to broader themes, to become a film with actual weight and impact, and instead it went the usual route of pandering to the lowest common denominator and churning out the sort of drek one has come to expect from a major studio production. Hearing what could have been only heightens the pain of realizing that the product we were ultimately served with is but a warmed-over shadow of the true vision that could have been brought to life on the screen.

Back
Top Bottom