• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Meadowhawk

ozzi9816

Pronoun
they
So I found this comic called Meadowhawk, which can best be described as so

This is a comic about dragons. Modern dragons who, if asked to account for dragon lore, would cluelessly click to the same wikis you or I would for a quick refresher. Dragons for whom words like ‘pillage’, ‘slay’ and ‘burninate’ are the names of faraway concepts, found only in musty histories of dubious accuracy.

These are dragons who have only been around as long as you or I (so far). They know as much about their Middle Ages forbears as we know about our tribal ancestors. Heck, they -barely- remember a time before the Internet. Their world is ours – one of transit, information, billowing population centers, and complex caffeinated drinks. Their worries are ours – Am I selfish, am I spoiled? Am I a good person? Am I making the Earth better or worse by being here? Who or what am I supposed to be?

The post-industrial era of (relative) peace and prosperity has provided a great deal of leisure time for once-thundering lizards to ponder their place in the cosmic scheme of things. With the dawning of a new millennium comes a blossoming new awareness of our intertwined histories, with terms such as ‘Dragon Privilege’ entering the global lexicon.

The dragons in this comic have no better tools than we for determining their place in all of this. With friendship, thoughtfulness, and a little help from the Internet, they will seek a 21st century understanding of who and what they are.

Or tl;dr "Imagine the world but with sentient dragons in addition to humans in it" or something to that effect. That "in addition to" is very important, because it means that it's not all dragons, it's a combination of the two, and I love it when comics tackle themes like this, not to mention the theme is rare nowadays. It's a really interesting read and while it has been on hiatus for a while, the creator says she intends to continue it. Tell me what you think, or if you find comics similar to this one in concept, because I love this type of plot!

EDIT: Realised I didn't give a link! Here: http://meadowhawk.net/

Last edited:
I'm going on an archive binge right now. I like the toony art style. Shame it hasn't been updated for a while, though. A lot of webcomics just sort of seem to die off.

I feel like I should recommend Skin Deep to you by Kory Bing, it's essentially about mythical creatures living as disguised humans, but there's some good plot stuff too. The art's pretty shaky in the beginning but it improves a lot, and it's still updating. There's also a bunch of chapters for you to read because it's been going since about 2006.

I actually read that too XP

I'm always interested in new webcomics though, so throw a few at me if you want!

Back
Top Bottom