• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

League Championship 2015 - Kalos Open

I'm going to regret posting this on a Wednesday, but eh, the show must go on.

SEMIFINALS - PATH TO VICTORY
(Mountain Kalos - Victory Road)

This is it -- the semifinal. No one wants to lose having come this far.

From the big city and to the lush countryside and to the great balcony swept by the spraying sea breeze and to the riversides where nothing was as it seemed, with a dash of the sky itself and of dainty fey shenanigans, the contestants who lasted up to this round have truly come a long way. After enduring all of those peculiar bouts, even a battle with no particular quirks would make a change of pace.

It's a long and harrowing climb up to the point of battle -- which is merely the halfway point of the dungeon itself. It's very clear that the location was once part of the outer wall around a sturdy fortress, even if only shattered remains may tell the tale. The view that awaits beyond the edge of the cliffs is breathtaking, with the sprawling hills and running water and flying Pokémon graciously gliding on the horizon... But it's time to focus, because the next win must be earned with nothing but the raw advantages that each trainer can bring to the ring.

And hence, the semifinal matchups:
Eifie vs Music Dragon
Vipera Magnifica vs Keldeo​

Winning prize: $50, a mysterious additional reward
Losing prize: $25, a mysterious additional reward
Referee prize: $40

As usual, the battles will begin within a week unless a delay is requested or becomes necessary. As for reffing, I can and will take care of one of the battles; I could use a volunteer for the other, although I might actually be able to handle both.

So, we meet again in battle, Music Dragon-Man!

This is a tournament filled with the ideals of people! I won't let you destroy it!

(As an aside, MD and I would be so thrilled if our ref were to narrate our epic clash in the style of Uno: The Anime... any takers?!)

This is it -- the semifinal. No one wants to lose having come this far.
I didn't want to lose before either, but you're technically correct. My body is ready!!

So, we meet again in battle, Music Dragon-Man!

This is a tournament filled with the ideals of people! I won't let you destroy it!
This tournament... It is merely a moment of a dream... It is the shape people's ideals have taken. I have no use for such ideals...

Our fate is sealed, Keldeo. Finally we meet again.

The bond you share with your Pokémon has brought you this far. You have endured many trials alongside your Pokémon and emerged victorious. Even now, the light of your friendship burns bright like a shining beacon in the darkness. But are you prepared to be blinded by the light of a thousand suns? Face me and you shall see! HY-KRAAAAAAAH!!!

Our fate is sealed, Keldeo. Finally we meet again.

The bond you share with your Pokémon has brought you this far. You have endured many trials alongside your Pokémon and emerged victorious. Even now, the light of your friendship burns bright like a shining beacon in the darkness. But are you prepared to be blinded by the light of a thousand suns? Face me and you shall see! HY-KRAAAAAAAH!!!

I've been waiting for you, Vipera Magnifica! I knew that you, with your skills, would eventually come to battle me again.

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Through rigorous training, people and Pokémon can become stronger without limit. I always train to the extreme because I believe in our potential. Ready, Vipera Magnifica? You will bow down to our overwhelming power! HOO-HAH!!!

Back
Top Bottom