• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Art that sucks so badly no one dares to talk about it

Re: POINTLESS THREAD IS POINTLESS [/wrists]

Why have I not noticed this before?

I love your drawings -- you draw the most expressive poses. Your Banette one in particular has the most wonderful expression.

Possibly because I left it to die in favor of the other thread?

Thanks, though.

I don't feel like posting not-fakemon things in my fakemon thread because they aren't fakemon. Also if I post here instead of OS I don't have to feel obligated to say something about someone else's art RIGHT NOW DO IT NOW ARRRGH, which I swear to god I do intend to do, I'm trying not to be selfish, just not... now. Rrrghffffff. Go away horrible selfish laziness. Go away and do not return for you are not welcome here.

My point being this thread is already here and since I have some semi-new not-fakemon stuff I wanted everyone to effing ignore I am going to wrest the poor, wretched, unloved thing from its grave and drag out its suffering for just a little longer.

Mightyena

I felt like experimenting and seeing what would happen if I took a rough sketch and colored it in. So I did. There you go. And no, I will not shut up about the hyena thing. Not until everyone recognizes how badass and infinitely superior hyenas are.

some dragon or something, I dunno

Another experiment, the only difference being that the initial sketch is several months old as opposed to the Mightyena, which I drew yesterday evening.

You can resume ignoring this thread now. Assuming, of course, you ever stopped ignoring it in the first place. *grumbles*

Awesomeness is awesome.

I love the pose of the Mightyena and its glaring at me ahhhhh *hides*

And Mightyena is definitely a hyena, what are you guys talking about

The dragon thing has pretty front legs. I really like how the finger-things are bent and the claws are pointy and stuff. And that is one badass Lucario.

TO ELABORATE ON THE NEW TITLE: comments >>>> being ignored. Drool over it, crit the bleeding hell out of it (<- prefered), I'm lonely. No one talks to poor old lonely Kratos in his art thread and it makes him very, very sad.

One day, Kratos. One day you'll learn that this thread really is pointless and stop posting in it forever. the way I'm never playing Mafia on TCoD ever again... okay that's for a different reason but still :/

don't bother commenting, it's obviously not worth your time

Last edited:
Whoa pretty Luxray and Jolteon! The claws on the Luxray are really nice, and the mane is spiffy. It looks kinda fat though... Maybe you should make its legs longer. Or something. And you should make the lightning-things in the background lighter, too, to contrast with the darkness and make it seem more like light, you know...?

JOLTEON YES awesomeness. I really love the expression, and the way its ears are swaying to the side like that. The spikiness is really good, too. The rocks are awesome. I love the way they're shaded, and how they're all jagged and stuff. Uhhh no crits here sorry.

Wow, your art RULEZ! (yes! I found another word besides awesome, woo) Anyway, i still cant get over how well you drew the umbreon and Jolteon, and the liquid gold, the mightyena, the dragon thing... I could go on and on but i cant be bothered to name every picture. Its all better than my art, so dont worry, be happy.

The Luxray is awesome as well, though a bit chubby, but still awesome.

Hey, look, people who don't ignore me! Always cool, always cool.

Thanks, you two, I'm glad you like them. The Luxray, eh, I realize it looks a little chubby, but it's supposed to be larger than a normal, anorexic one. Maybe if it were standing up straight it would look more proportionate to a real lion, which is what I was going for. Maybe it could be a little thinner, but yeah, normal Luxray needs to put on a few pounds.

As for the lightning, eh, it isn't supposed to be actual lightning like the the Jolteon pic--it's just random, trippy background. It was originally supposed to be actual lightning but it just looked so bright that I had to tone it down and relegate it to background pattern... I think I just have issues with sharp contrast, it was probably fine. >>; Oh, well, I'll get over it one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom