• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

You know, I didn't notice before that Shroomish is a Rarity 1. (I just looked through all the rarities -besides- looking for it <_< ) That's a major steal, and I would like to adopt~ :>

[Kalina] Shroomish (Female)
Ability: Poison Heal

Money money lah~di~dah

Signature move for Pufnstuf? :3

[Pufnstuf] Slowpoke (M)
Ability: Own Tempo
Signature Move: Numbing Wave

Being Slowpoke numbness is an everyday that for Pufnstuf, and he enjoys it. He wants to share this feeling, well non feeling, with everyone around him and hopes to make them love him. If everyone loves him maybe he could popular. And if he's popular maybe he could finally get with that beautiful Whiscash he's had his eyes on.

Pufnstuf concentrates a numbing energy in his tail, then he swipes it, creating a small wave of the energy. When it contacts with the opponite it instantly starts numbing them. Not being used to this numbness they slow down greatly, but seem to not feel attacks as much. Though this new move seems to be useless against Pokemon of the same species line as Pufnstuf or Pokemon with the Own Tempo or Limber abilities.

Psychic / Stat: Special / Base Damage: 2%/0% to Slowpoke line, or pokemon with the Own Tempo/Limber ability / Accuracy: 85% / Target: Single / Energy 5% / Duration: 5 actions
Effects: Opponents speed is lowered six stages (-6), but their Defense and SpDef is raised 3 stages (+3).
Usage Gap: 6 actions after the effects have faded from the opponent.

Last edited:

[Pufnstuf] Slowpoke (M)

Being Slowpoke numbness is an everyday that for Pufnstuf, and he enjoys it. He wants to share this feeling, well non feeling, with everyone around him and hopes to make them love him. If everyone loves him maybe he could popular. And if he's popular maybe he could finally get with that beautiful Whiscash he's had his eyes on.

Pufnstuf concentrates a numbing energy in his tail, then he swipes it, creating a small wave of the energy. When it contacts with the opponite it instantly starts numbing them. Not being used to this numbness they slow down greatly, but seem to not feel attacks as much. Though this new move seems to be useless against Pokemon of the same species line as Pufnstuf or Pokemon with the Own Tempo or Limber abilities.

Psychic / Stat: Special / Base Damage: 15%/0% to Slowpoke line, or pokemon with the Own Tempo/Limber ability / Accuracy: 85% / Target: Single / Energy 5% / Duration: 5 actions
Effects: Opponents speed is lowered six stages (-6), but their Defense and SpDef is raised 3 stages (+3). Though if used on the Slowpoke line, or Pokemon with the Own Tempo/Limber ability they still get the defense boost.

First and foremost, you definitely need to lower the base damage. As it is now, this move would do damage on par with Giga Impact and Roar of Time. The description doesn't really justify a huge amount of damage.

Also, why do the pokemon that are immune to the numbess still get the defense boost? If they can't be made numb, it doesn't really make sense that they can still gain the benefits from it.

Last edited:

Cleaned it up a bit. 8D; Sorry about the damage, I got confused. I thought we were doing the game's way of basing damage.

Anyways, I hope its fine now. x];

[Pufnstuf] Slowpoke (M)

Psychic / Stat: Special / Base Damage: 2%/0% to Slowpoke line, or pokemon with the Own Tempo/Limber ability / Accuracy: 85% / Target: Single / Energy 5% / Duration: 5 actions
Effects: Opponents speed is lowered six stages (-6), but their Defense and SpDef is raised 3 stages (+3).

Approved. In the future, however, please repost the whole thing, with the changes, rather than editing.

I'd like to submit a new teammate with a Sig Attribute for approval, if I may. ^^; First time trying this out. Just sort of came to me.. xD;; Because for whatever reason, I really want to adopt a Zubatto~

[Twitch] Zubat (Female)
<Insomnia>
Signature Attribute ~ Caffeine Addiction
Being a Zubat isn't easy - Between irritating adventurers to no end, hanging upside down wishing you could flip off the Clefairy on the ground back, and producing gratuitous amounts of guano - There's barely even time for a coffee break! Well, that is to say, noone in their right mind would give a Zubat coffee - and this is why.
Twitch is an industrial Zubat - meaning she hails from a cave near a newly developed area. The wildlife haven't quite adapted to the invasion of humans, nor their resources. Being a populated area, the infamous chain Staryubucks had the need to put no less than 3 stores per block into commission. One might guess there is an excess of coffee grounds, leftover coffee, and lazy stuck up businessmen. Naturally it's far too difficult to walk across the street to the bin when disposing of caffeine irradiated rubbish which flows off chain stores like this - But a cave in the back lot seems perfect does it not?
Now most Pokemon are rather put off by this foul beverage humans seem to consume en mass - but not Twitch. No indeed she was rather fond of it, raiding the trash piles which amassed for scraps of food, and of course, coffee~
Of course as with most natural formations which humans get their grubby mits on, the cave was eventually overfilled to the point no Pokemon could inhabit it any more. Twitch was forced out much against her will - and subsequently shooed far away as she attempted to roost into the Staryubucks building itself. (Not before corporate sales tried to market Guano Coffee Mugs, however - which didn't go over as well as planned.) Going into major caffeine withdrawal, she was eventually found bashing her head against a tree in response to a major migraine developed in the morning sunlight. Easily captured - she was also quickly put up for adoption for a certain kind-hearted and similarly caffeine addicted individual to take into their arms.
Naturally, Twitch is one hyper batty. As opposed to the normal, fairly calm and collected nature of a Zubat - Twitch is erratic and sleepless. Instead of the normal focus presented, she is a hopeless insomniac. Sleep inducing techniques are essentially completely useless as she flies around in confounding patterns and speeds. This also grants her a certain manner of unpredictability - she will sometimes catch her opponents very off guard, essentially granting a 5% bonus to accuracy and evasion. Of course, being hyped up and extra-reactionary as she is, she is not only vulnerable, but in fact more prone to the flinching effect by 10% extra to every attack with the added effect.

Oh, and a late Thank you very much, Kratos. ^^

I'd like to submit a new teammate with a Sig Attribute for approval, if I may. ^^; First time trying this out. Just sort of came to me.. xD;; Because for whatever reason, I really want to adopt a Zubatto~

[Twitch] Zubat (Female)
<Insomnia>
Being a Zubat isn't easy - Between irritating adventurers to no end, hanging upside down wishing you could flip off the Clefairy on the ground back, and producing gratuitous amounts of guano - There's barely even time for a coffee break! Well, that is to say, noone in their right mind would give a Zubat coffee - and this is why.
Twitch is an industrial Zubat - meaning she hails from a cave near a newly developed area. The wildlife haven't quite adapted to the invasion of humans, nor their resources. Being a populated area, the infamous chain Staryubucks had the need to put no less than 3 stores per block into commission. One might guess there is an excess of coffee grounds, leftover coffee, and lazy stuck up businessmen. Naturally it's far too difficult to walk across the street to the bin when disposing of caffeine irradiated rubbish which flows off chain stores like this - But a cave in the back lot seems perfect does it not?
Now most Pokemon are rather put off by this foul beverage humans seem to consume en mass - but not Twitch. No indeed she was rather fond of it, raiding the trash piles which amassed for scraps of food, and of course, coffee~
Of course as with most natural formations which humans get their grubby mits on, the cave was eventually overfilled to the point no Pokemon could inhabit it any more. Twitch was forced out much against her will - and subsequently shooed far away as she attempted to roost into the Staryubucks building itself. (Not before corporate sales tried to market Guano Coffee Mugs, however - which didn't go over as well as planned.) Going into major caffeine withdrawal, she was eventually found bashing her head against a tree in response to a major migraine developed in the morning sunlight. Easily captured - she was also quickly put up for adoption for a certain kind-hearted and similarly caffeine addicted individual to take into their arms.
Naturally, Twitch is one hyper batty. As opposed to the normal, fairly calm and collected nature of a Zubat - Twitch is erratic and sleepless. Instead of the normal focus presented, she is a hopeless insomniac. Sleep inducing techniques are essentially completely useless as she flies around in confounding patterns and speeds. This also grants her a certain manner of unpredictability - she will sometimes catch her opponents very off guard, essentially granting a 5% bonus to accuracy and evasion. Of course, being hyped up and extra-reactionary as she is, she is not only vulnerable, but in fact more prone to the flinching effect by 10% extra to every attack with the added effect.

Oh, and a late Thank you very much, Kratos. ^^

Hm. The attribute itself seems okay. It'd be nice if it followed the "Description: / Effects:" format a little more clearly, though. Also, how often is "sometimes" with regards to the accuracy and evasion boosts? That needs to be clarified, and the separate Effects section would probably help keep all that in line a little better. Other than that, nothing needs to be adjusted as far as I can tell.

...really, the only significant problem here is that you haven't paid for the Zubat itself. No link, no bank post, no anything... I know you were excited about the idea, but try not to jump the gun next time, hm? Repost the attribute with the clarifications and actually pay for the Pokémon and then I can approve it.

Ah.. see, I was checking whether or not the attribute would check out or not. ^^; Didn't know I was meant to bank link it anyway. (In the case of being turned down.) Also, the "Sometimes" -was- clarified, by a 5% boost to Accuracy and Evasion in the description.

Anyway, here's the bank link, and a repost -

[Twitch] Zubat (Female)
<Insomnia>
Description: Being a Zubat isn't easy - Between irritating adventurers to no end, hanging upside down wishing you could flip off the Clefairy on the ground back, and producing gratuitous amounts of guano - There's barely even time for a coffee break! Well, that is to say, noone in their right mind would give a Zubat coffee - and this is why.

Effects: Naturally, Twitch is one hyper batty. As opposed to the normal, fairly calm and collected nature of a Zubat - Twitch is erratic and sleepless. Instead of the normal focus presented, she is a hopeless insomniac. Sleep inducing techniques are essentially completely useless as she flies around in confounding patterns and speeds. This also grants her a certain manner of unpredictability - she will sometimes catch her opponents very off guard, essentially granting a 5% bonus to accuracy and evasion. Of course, being hyped up and extra-reactionary as she is, she is not only vulnerable, but in fact more prone to the flinching effect by 10% extra to every attack with the added effect.

(Torin) Nosepass [M]
Ability: Sturdy
Cost: $15

(Jena) Cacnea [F]
Ability: Sand Veil
Cost: $10

(Jorge) Ralts [M]
Ability: Synchronize
Cost: $7

(Wolkin) Surskit [M]
Ability: Swift Swim

(Janelle) Spearow [F]
Ability: Keen Eye
Cost: $5

Bank

Ah.. see, I was checking whether or not the attribute would check out or not. ^^; Didn't know I was meant to bank link it anyway. (In the case of being turned down.) Also, the "Sometimes" -was- clarified, by a 5% boost to Accuracy and Evasion in the description.

Anyway, here's the bank link, and a repost -

[Twitch] Zubat (Female)
<Insomnia>
Description: Being a Zubat isn't easy - Between irritating adventurers to no end, hanging upside down wishing you could flip off the Clefairy on the ground back, and producing gratuitous amounts of guano - There's barely even time for a coffee break! Well, that is to say, noone in their right mind would give a Zubat coffee - and this is why.

Effects: Naturally, Twitch is one hyper batty. As opposed to the normal, fairly calm and collected nature of a Zubat - Twitch is erratic and sleepless. Instead of the normal focus presented, she is a hopeless insomniac. Sleep inducing techniques are essentially completely useless as she flies around in confounding patterns and speeds. This also grants her a certain manner of unpredictability - she will sometimes catch her opponents very off guard, essentially granting a 5% bonus to accuracy and evasion. Of course, being hyped up and extra-reactionary as she is, she is not only vulnerable, but in fact more prone to the flinching effect by 10% extra to every attack with the added effect.

I see. I understand, although it wasn't clear that that's what you were doing. Part of why it's generally easier just to get the unmodified Pokémon approved first and then come back for the modification, cuts down on confusion.

As far as the "clarification", the way you worded it it could be read "sometimes" she gets an accuracy and/or evasion boost of 5%, but what you're saying is that the 5% boost is always there. I probably shouldn't try to approve complicated things at two in the morning, eh. Perhaps that could still be reworded to be a little clearer--that's actually what the point of the separate effects section is, to just explain the effect without any extra description at all (so it would say something along the lines of "sometimes she catches opponents off guard, making her harder to hit and granting her occasional surprise attacks" in the description and "permanent 5% boost to Twitch's accuracy and evasion" in the effects).

In other words the attribute is fine, but just to remove any further potential for misreading it'd be nice if the description and effects were properly separated. I'll go ahead and approve the Zubat itself, though, so just tidy up the format one more time and you're good to go.

(Torin) Nosepass [M]
Ability: Sturdy
Cost: $15

(Jena) Cacnea [F]
Ability: Sand Veil
Cost: $10

(Jorge) Ralts [M]
Ability: Synchronize

(Wolkin) Surskit [M]
Ability: Swift Swim