• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Most awesome day ever!

Lupine Volt

My name is...
Okay. Background info. I've been in this play, "The Canterbury Tales/Geoffrey Chaucers Flying Circus" For the past few nights, and today we finished up our play with a great last performance, and had an awesome cast party. THen, I get home, and surprise! Parents celebrating my birthday a week early, and they bought me a 360!

So Now I'm totally pumped, and feel roughly like a puppy on happy pills! :grin::grin::grin:

M'key.

The play is a take off of Geoffrey Chaucer's classic collection of short stories/poems, The Canterbury tales. In the tales, a group of middle age pilgrims decide to go on a pilgrimage to the shrine of St. Thomas Becket in Canterbury. They meet in an inn, where the innkeeper, my character, decides that they should all tell stories on the way to pass the time.

Now, throw in a good dose of Monty Python estique humor and see where the night takes you. We have a woman selling self help DVDs, a knight is Elvis, Medevil Jeopardy gameshows, an escalating war between my character and a very slow sign changer, and a Miller who everyone is trying to keep from telling his disgusting tale. In the middle of it all is my character, the Innkeeper Harry Bailey, who is trying to get the actual author, Geoff Chaucer, to keep writing his story. In reality, Chaucer never actually finished the tales, so the play ends with everyone eventually going out to get chinese.

This was my first role as a leading actor, and I was really excited. We had a really great cast of actors, new and veterans. I'm also on my schools drama club board, and this is only our first out of three shows. In a coupla weeks, we're going to begin our work on our second production, a murder mystery dinner theatre, which I'm hoping to get in on.

This sounds like a clear improvement on the original Canterbury Tales. Was it written by someone at your school?

As good as it sounds, though, I'm afraid it still couldn't beat my old school's (edited) production of A Clockwork Orange. I never did go to see it, but I know for a fact that most of the cast were about 14.

Oh, no. We got the script from a distributer called Pioneer...or something, I think. It wasn't that expensive, and I think you can read the scripts online if you visit their website.

Well, in any case, I'm glad it turned out so well for you.

Back
Top Bottom