• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Official 2010 Ban List

Re: Official 2008 Ban List

Well, there's plenty ways of nerfing it: "No using a garchomp that holds a yache berry or brightpowder/lax incense!" "No using a garchomp with swords dance!" "No using a garchomp with max speed!"

I just think they're rather silly.

I thought about that, but Yache would be the only one that would be semi-easy to enforce. That and I guess Swords Dance. You can attack a Garchomp with a powerful enough Ice Beam and if it doesn't die, your opponent is ignoring the ban list; there's no way to tell if Garchomp is running at max speed unless you yourself are using something equal to/just under that Garchomp's max speed and it goes first/there's a coin flip. Or something along those lines.

Which really sucks because I want to use my shiny ones, but ugh.

Well, they weren't really serious suggestions, but they were about all I could think of to eliminate the gripes that most people have with garchomp.

You can use your shiny garchomp against me if you'd like. Unless you decide to run SD yachechomp in sandstorm, in which case I will have strong words to say to you afterward.

Easy thing for Garchomp? No Yache Berry or Focus Sash/Band. I think that would nerf it enough *Wants to use Ribbon damnit!*

The problem is that when you switch a counter like Weavile in, Garchomp will OHKO Weavile and it's really unfair. What makes Garchomp more unfair is that if you attack it (if Weavile survived) it will still not KO it because the Yache berry. If Sandstorm is active, it becomes a bigger issue because your attack will miss and you will be KO.

Even if Garchomp got nerfed by banning Pokemon that cause Sandstorm, holding a Yache Berry, etc, it will come down to the opponent's honesty. ^^;

A new restriction (not necessarily an outright ban) has been put in place for Pokémon that have moves they can only learn in Platinum version. See the Wi-Fi League board announcement for more information (because those things just plain aren't noticeable by themselves >_<).

Platinum-exclusive Pokémon forms (Appliance Rotom, Sky Shaymin and Origin Giratina) are also banned; they can't normally be taken into Wi-Fi battles, but as there is apparently a code that lets them bypass whatever filters are in place through I just want to say that they aren't allowed (hacking is frowned upon anyway, of course).

The ban on Rotom's alternate forms is not because Rotom is too broken to be used; it's simply because they aren't supposed to be used over Wi-Fi (annoying as that is) and I don't want people dragging things onto Wi-Fi when Nintendo doesn't want them there. In the unlikely event that Nintendo changes things around so that the Appliance Rotom can be taken onto Wi-Fi, the ban on it (but not necessarily on Skymin and Origin Giratina) will be lifted.

Last edited:

Regigigas should not be banned from 2vs2; there is nothing broken about it. Besides, Slaking gets pretty much all of what Regigigas gets with Slack Off, Bulk Up, Protect and more dumped on, and Truant and is the more annoying ability to have Skill Swapped onto one of your pokémon.

I could go on but hopefully you catch my drift.

Okay seriously I meant to reply to this earlier.

That is a fair point, yes. If anyone else has anything to say on the matter (and I'm sure there are people that do, given the previous Regigigas discussion), I'd like to hear it first, though.

Re: Official 2009 Ban List

does this list need any significant revising for 2011? (scizor is overcentralising the metagame, I tells ya!)

platinum-exclusive moves is definitely outdated.

new thread is needed.

Personally, I was fine with it in OU as well, though like Espeon, I haven't fought too many of them. My Starmie made quick work of the ones I have, though. :P

Back
Top Bottom