• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Mafia

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
Now that Mindscrew Mafia is winding down, I'm starting one (of two I've got on my mind) new "weird-mechanic" game: Doctor Mafia!

ROLES

Mafia Don - Kills one player a night.
Mafia Doctor - Heals one player a night. Will lose his medicinal powers and ascend ascend to the Donship if the Don dies. There are two of them; which one becomes Don is random.

Doctor - Heals one player a night. Apparently medicine in Mafia!verse works in binary code, because if a player is healed an even number of times they will die of healer-clash, but if they are healed an odd number of times they live.

(For the purposes of ease of figuring out who dies and who doesn't, all night actions will "go through" before anyone actually dies, so I don't have to worry about people maybe dying before they can use their night action. Just pretend all the doctors are leaving pills on their targets' bedside tables or something.)

Optimistically I'd like 3 Mafia and 12-15 Doctors for a total of 15-18 players.

RULES

• if you don't speak during the day, you get one warning, then the second time, you're dead
  • the first time you don't turn in your night action if you have one, it will be randomized and you get a warning; the second time, you're dead
  • if you have a night action, you don't necessarily have to use it, but you MUST tell me if you'd like to refrain.
  • during the day, you MUST lynch someone - if there are no lynch votes or a tied vote, the last player to be killed will be PMed to choose between the tied parties (or between everyone, if there are no votes).
  • no out-of-thread communication except between the Mafia

This is going to be either totally anticlimactic or totally insane.

We have 17 players, which sounds like about enough to me. Signups are closed, role PMs are going out now, and the thread will go up soon.

Back
Top Bottom