• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Proposition 8 overturned

Loffyglu

Opinions always subject to change.
I put this in the Laughing Cupboard because I think it's wonderful news; I'm not actually sure where I should put it, but I figured this was a good fit!

So, Proposition 8, which bans same-sex marriage in California, has been ruled unconstitutional. I'll copy some of the article here:

A federal judge in San Francisco decided today that gays and lesbians have a constitutional right to marry, striking down Proposition 8, the voter approved ballot measure that banned same-sex unions.

U.S. District Chief Judge Vaughn R. Walker said Proposition 8, passed by voters in November 2008, violated the federal constitutional rights of gays and lesbians to marry the partners of their choice. His ruling is expected to be appealed to the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and then up to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Granted, some of the comments on the article going on about how "unGodly" or "sick" this news is make me want to punch something; but, eh, who cares? Let's hope this thing holds out~

It's too early for celebration; once it gets past the appeals and the decision reaches national level, I'll dance.

Nonetheless, it's a great first step.

It's too early for celebration; once it gets past the appeals and the decision reaches national level, I'll dance.

Nonetheless, it's a great first step.

I agree, definitely; I just think it's a step in the right direction, and that in itself ought to be celebrated, in my opinion~

:'D Ahhh, this is amazing news. I wasn't following it since I haven't heard much more about it, so it feels like it came out of nowhere almost!

Whooo!

I didn't even know this was going anywhere until yesterday but it's obviously going to be a HUGE step forward when it finally goes national. :D

Can't wait to see how this turns out, hate to bring negativity into here but I'm going to be really pissed if this doesn't get approved. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to ever be against same-sex marriage. That being said, this does seem to be making great progress, so I guess we'll just see how it pans out.

Back
Top Bottom