• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase! Mk II

Thanks for crit and all!

I can't really fix it because my computer broke ~ 1 week ago; I'm using my sister's crappy old computer that doesn't even have paint. >:/

Kinda stuck with this fakemon I am working on. I can't get the back legs right. Any suggestions?
wip.png

Kinda stuck with this fakemon I am working on. I can't get the back legs right. Any suggestions?
wip.png

well they look kinda short and chubby you could try to put them more beneath the main body and make them a bit thinner and the canine/fang is a bit big and sticks backward a little too much (sorry if that doesnt make sense) and i dont really do fakemon that much so i am by no means an expert. its just my opinion but i think it woud look better like that, otherwise its an amazing sprite so far, cant wait to see it finished :)

well they look kinda short and chubby you could try to put them more beneath the main body and make them a bit thinner and the canine/fang is a bit big and sticks backward a little too much (sorry if that doesnt make sense) and i dont really do fakemon that much so i am by no means an expert. its just my opinion but i think it woud look better like that, otherwise its an amazing sprite so far, cant wait to see it finished :)

The fang is big on purpose. Its based off a sabre toothed cat. I was also trying to make to Pokemon look at if it was about to pounce, and I can't potray that.

The tail should probably be lifted like a cat's tail if it's about to pounce. One of the front legs should be bent while the other is not. The unbent front leg should be near the ground with a low angle of depression. Its back should be longer to match with the position of its head.

Thanks, Absol and Dragon. I appreciate the tips. I'll try to fix it, and then see what you guys think. Thank you!

I made another Jigglypuff--It's orange this time. BE MEAN ABOUT ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU GIVE!! I know that I'll listen better :P
orangejigg.png

It's kind of hard to tell what the different shades are mainly because it's so eye-hurting the shades are so similar. You should scratch-shade I guess? There's not much else I can think of except for the shaded side's outline (right side) to be all black instead of dark orange and black, since it's shaded.

Okay! Thanks! I'll bring the overall color down as well, so it wouldn't be so eye-hurtingly bright.

EDIT: Is this any better?

orangejigg-1.png

Last edited:
Orange and green isn't the best color combination, maybe that's why it's so eyehurting?
And the shading ends under the armpit (do Jigglypuff even have armpits). It should continue above the arm too in the same curved manner. There should be a little triangularish shading on the ears, and the highlights should be lighter.

wip-1.png

Finished my little sabre toothed pokemon.
No idea what to call him yet though.
What do you think?

wip-1.png

Finished my little sabre toothed pokemon.
No idea what to call him yet though.
What do you think?
Work on your shading, it looks like it's coming from two sides. Currently it looks too... blobby, and it doesn't have the structure it should.

Also, it helps to get a reference picture going.

This is he first time I've tried to sprite... I used Gothita's colors.

1yo202.png

Give me your feedback, please

Back
Top Bottom