• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tomorrow my friends and I are getting up early to catch the bus to the mall! My copy's preordered and paid for so I just need to walk in and pick it up. :3 (Kind of upset that we've heard nothing about a preorder bonus from Gamestop and therefore it's not likely they're having one. :C TRU people get wall clings and stylus sets!)

In the meantime I'm watching all the English LP's popping up on YouTube and being very very hyped. I did have a team planned out, but I've heard from several people that it's a lot easier to keep your Pokemon's levels balanced and use more than six so this might end up being my first time doing that (because gdi I can't narrow it down to six this gen :D)

haaaa tomorrow.

I am, similarly to pretty much everyone else in this thread, also rather in love with this game! I adore the music, and how when you're walking it adds another layer to the music (in routes, at least), and the music that plays when Gym Leaders are down to their last Pokémon is just marvellous. N is kind of creepy, and Team Plasma is amusing with their "WE ARE RIGHT, EVERYBODY ELSE IS WRONG, WE MUST SAVE POKÉMON BY STEALING THEM". Also Gehtis is kind of scary.

My team thus far consists of:

Zuereuaque (Male Darumaka, Lv. 24)
Coloumiere (Female Tranquill, Lv. 22)
Florrande (Male Dewott, Lv. 21)
Agueuselle (Female Scraggy, Lv. 21)
Fouinefoui (Male Herdier, Lv. 21; Will probably replace with Beartic eventually)
Elbounuage (Male Cottonee, Lv. 21)

Meowth said:
Oh, speaking of preschoolers, I love the one in the daycare who gives you some sort of short lecture on relativism.
This made me laugh too, it was so unexpected.

Also, I was very alarmed when the preschoolers gave me money after I beat them.

Kratos Aurion said:
Aaaanyway, I am curious to see what they may or may not have done to the non-Japanese-speaking NPCs and trainers. Have either of you been to that international building or whatever it is in Castelia yet?

I have - there was German, Spanish and Italian there, if I recall correctly. If I guessed my way through the languages correctly, they were all speaking about how great they were feeling. Or how great something made them feel. Or something.

On another note, I love the Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia in general. It's so huge.

Also, Pokémon Centres kind of give me the feeling of an airport terminal, since they have the big counter in the middle, then the Pokémart counter over at that side, and a magazine rack and sitting area on the other side, and so on. They feel more like Pokémon Centres now, anyway!

Last edited:

I just got it today though I can't talk about it much since my boyfriend can't play it till he gets home.

I love it <3 <3

Grrrr you people who have access to a Gamestop. I'm getting mine via mail and it isn't coming until Tuesday or Wednesday (even with free 2-day Amazon Prime shipping D:).

At least this means I won't be distracted when trying to finish my midterm essay that's due Wednesday.

Apparently even though my brother payed extra for express shipping it still won't get here until Monday :| This irks me.

I'm going to get Black first thing tomorrow morning, along with hopefully a DS Phat and White for my little brother because he's awesome.

So far it has been the longest wait ever D:

I just preorderd white today from Gamestop.
Unlike the last few games, I've avoided spoilers for the most part, so I'm most likely going to have a lot of fun with White :D

I would get it tomorrow, however I'm afraid that if I get the game, I'll fail to do my research proposal due Tuesday, so I'll probably get it then and settle down for Spring Break.

More disjointed thoughts that I'll post here rather than annoying my Twitter list:

I love Sandile. Utterly LOVE so, so much.
Bianca is growing on me, too.
I have a bike! It is FAST.
This gym is a GIANT ROLLER COASTER.
I adore how the Dowsing Machine works in this game. Like the Itemfinder/DS always should have logically worked!

Tomorrow at like 10 or 11 AM EST I will finally have my hands on a copy of this I can understand. And I haven't done anything on it since like October, so this should be fairly new.

Also, Pokémon Centres kind of give me the feeling of an airport terminal, since they have the big counter in the middle, then the Pokémart counter over at that side, and a magazine rack and sitting area on the other side, and so on. They feel more like Pokémon Centres now, anyway!

Gah it's confusing how they merged Pokémon Centres and Pokémarts, I keep going in to heal my Pokémon and then going outside to visit the Pokémart and then remembering I was just there

Still, it's convenient if you're not an idiot!

This gym is a GIANT ROLLER COASTER.

OH MY GOD I KNOW RIGHT BEST GYM EVER <333

Also I want to stay in Driftveil forever because the music is fantastic and the fact that the gym leader is randomly Texan makes me happy in ways I don't understand.

Oh my goodness, Scald is the BEST ATTACK EVER.

Boiling water TO THE FACE.

The Doctor trainer class is kinda weird if you think about it.
"I WILL HEAL YOUR POKÉMON, PROVIDED YOU LET ME INJURE THEM FIRST"

Tomorrow I'll be able to pick up my pre-order of Black from the game store! It's going to be so awesome!

OH MY GOD I KNOW RIGHT BEST GYM EVER <333

I take that back. Mistralton Gym shoots you around in cannons.
Also, my team so far, just cos I can. WITH COLOURS

Galvantula
Lv 38
Ability: Unnerve
Moves: Thunder Wave, Signal Beam, Charge Beam, Electro Ball

Samurott
Lv 38
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Scald, Razor Shell, Slash, Encore

Sawsbuck
Lv 36
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Jump Kick, Leech Seed, Energy Ball, Take Down

Scrafty
Lv 39
Ability: Shed Skin
Moves: Hi Jump Kick, Crunch, Brick Break, Dig

Swoobat
Lv 38
Ability: Unaware
Moves: Confusion, Fly, Air Slash, Calm Mind

Debating whether to fill the last slot with Flitwick, Axew or Golett. Probably not anything beginning with an S, I have way too many S Pokémon.

Debating whether to fill the last slot with Flitwick, Axew or Golett. Probably not anything beginning with an S, I have way too many S Pokémon.
GET FLITWICK. Then your team will match the Pokemon I used in my Japanese run-throughs of the game.

I'm toying between waiting for the inevitable, better third version or getting White. Since I've already played it, I feel as if it won't be too much of a loss but I'm still unsure.

I just got the Quake badge and my (unintentionally all-female) team is:

Deerling/Sarah Jane - 30
Tranquill/Polly - 29
Zebstrika/Martha - 29
Krokorok/Donna - 30
Dewott/River - 31
Liepoard/Romana - 27

Romana will be replaced by the next fantastic thing I find, and if I happen across a good flier, I might swap it for Polly, because her moves sort of suck. But she'll evolve soon, so we'll have to see! (but seriously, are Woobat any good?)

I couldn't love Donna, River and Sarah Jane more, though <3

Back
Top Bottom