• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

I beat the Elite Four 2 days ago, and I've been grinding for a while.

Samurott [lv. 66]
Reshiram [lv. 66]
Conkeldurr [lv. 66]
Excadrill [lv. 66]
Archeops [lv. 66]
Tyranitar [lv.66]

The first pokemon I found on Route 15 was a Pupitar, and I had to keep it.

Can I say that by how battles go Archeops is do or die?

BTW This game is much easier than I expected (other than the first gym, got raped first time over)

Oh and Juniper, thank you forhanding me like the most useful item ever, you're not getting it back. (Lucky Egg)

Now to pick up Larvesta.

Rinne/Serperior (F) Lv. 44
Varst/Stoutland (M) Lv. 43
Neska/Swoobat (F) Lv. 43
Falsair/Excadrill (F) Lv. 43
Arleria/Swanna (F) Lv. 44
Larvesta Egg

Two badges since my last post and two evolutions... and am going up that Twist Mountain. (Also, Skyla's gym amused me. It was like, HUMAN CANONBALL WHEE. It was just awesome.)

I'm kinda getting sick of mountains/caves for some reason. Really hated the Chargestone Cave. Although Lucky Egg has skyrocketed my levels. I dread the time when I have to train up that Larvesta when it hatches to the same levels as my others... God, it's going to take a really long time. I hope Audino + Lucky Egg makes things easier.

Most of my Pokémon have been pretty equally useful, thankfully. Especially Falsair... she is a beast now with that Steel-type and EQ + Rock Slide + Awesome TMs. Neska has also worked pretty damn well and has been useful with the Charge Beam TM I taught her.

Also, I just noticed that I have so many S-named Pokémon... wow.

And I managed to catch Cobalion and Virizion too! With only a few balls and without having to put them to sleep. Man, I was lucky.

Just got the game today, and just before dinner I saved having just saved the lil' girl's Pokemon from Team Plasma

Team:
Smokey - Male - Tepig - Level 16
Brocolimon - Male - Sansage - Level 14
Plymouth - Male - Pidove - Level 11

No I'm not sexist, Plymouth was the first decent leveled Pidove to appear. The only one I saw before that was at level 4 and was male anyway.

Loving the music, Flame Charge, and I also love how the game actually makes you feel like you've never played before. Well, except for the controls. I swear there should be a bit at the beggining where you get to tell the game if you are a no0b or not. If you choose not, you wouldn't have to go through the catching tutorial and stuff. That would be good.

Now if you don't mind I have a Pidove to train.

Right now, I'm just screwing around on the game. Just got to Driftveil City much to the chagrin of the gym leader (Clay, I guess). Trained a bit for a casual 3-on-3 Lv30 battle against my cousin, which only proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that we have extremely similar tastes.

Me: Drilbur, Sawk, Zebstrika
vs.
Him: Zebstrika, Sawk, Swoobat

Casually leveling up more potential teammates in the Desert Resort now.

-------
Drilbur, Lv30 (Dig/Hone Claws/Metal Claw/Rock Slide) @ Eviolite
New powerhouse of my team. Hone Claws + Dig/RS/Metal Claw = PWN'd
Can't wait to see its beastliness when it evolves.

Sawk, Lv30 (Low Sweep/Bide/Brick Break/Work Up) @ Quick Claw
Still rockin' it. Definitely a reliable second behind Drilbur.

Zebstrika, Lv30 (Volt Switch/Charge/Flame Charge/Thunder Wave) @ Oran/Chesto Berry
The team's glass cannon. I'm starting to see why people here are eventually ditching it.
Wish it could learn Work Up to replace T-Wave.

Servine, Lv27 (Tackle/Leer/Leaf Tornado/Leech Seed) @ Miracle Seed
Fell behind in the level-up process after my cousin challenged me.
Plan on grinding for Serperior soon enough.
-------

Two spots still to fill. Feeling out the following:
Darumaka, Dwebble, Scraggy, Solosis, Tympole (giving it a second chance..I feel naked without a Water-type), Yamask

So I went on the Battle Subway today. I met a guy called Biker Balut. You know, Balut as in aborted duck fetus. He introduced himself by saying he was a biker but had never ridden a bike, even though he approached me astride one. And when I beat him he went and sat down. Without dismounting his bike.

EDIT: YOU CAN GIVE YOURSELF A TRAINER CLASS ON YOUR TRAINER CARD SCREEN why is there no super nerd

Last edited:

So I went on the Battle Subway today. I met a guy called Biker Balut. You know, Balut as in aborted duck fetus. He introduced himself by saying he was a biker but had never ridden a bike, even though he approached me astride one. And when I beat him he went and sat down. Without dismounting his bike.

This observation made me laugh so much I managed to choke tea everywhere. It was unpleasant, but worth it.

The Ferris Wheel is the greatest thing ever. A Clerk wanted to ride with me, and she got rather emotional during our ride. As we got near the top, she acted like she was going to tear up and asked if she could sit next to me. Then she said she would like to ride again. Awwww....

Also, I finally encountered Audino. So I caught one, and I'm going to grind on some of them before going on to the 5th Gym Leader.

EDIT: Awww, Trisha wanted to ride again and said she wish she had....a little brother like me. There goes my hopes. ;-; Well, she did start crying again and wanted my company, so I guess that's something!

Last edited:

The Ferris Wheel is the greatest thing ever. A Clerk wanted to ride with me, and she got rather emotional during our ride. As we got near the top, she acted like she was going to tear up and asked if she could sit next to me. Then she said she would like to ride again. Awwww...

Oh my god she was adorable :3

I simply cannot be moved to agree
That a clerk is cute to any degree
Because she is moved to feel
Afraid at the top of Ferris wheels.

I mean seriously, Ferris wheels have always seemed so mundane to me. You go up, you look around, you go down. What's the fun in that? Nothing exciting at all.
But yes, I beat the elite four and N a day or two ago. Now I just really wish that the Dream World were accessible, or that I had someone with Black nearby that I could fool around in multiplayer with. I'll have people once I'm done with Spring Break, but then I'll be swamped with work.

Team, in any case, in no particular order:
Shale the Samurott (M), lv. 51
Basalt the Carracosta (F), lv. 52
Greigite the Eelektross (M), lv. 54
Sandstone the Krookodile (F), lv. 51
Calcite the Crustle (M), lv. 51
Pumice the Swanna (F), lv. 52
I was also using Anthracite the Pansear (M), Granite the Boldore (M), and Quartz the Seismitoad (F) at various points throughout my journey. Anthracite's in the Day Care right now at level 44, Quartz got dropped because she just never got used, and Granite turned out to be not only Modest, but totally inferior to Basalt.

In any case, it seems to me
That Krookodile's my M.V.P.
And Swanna also helps a lot,
Though my otter just cannot.
I knew the otter was kind of lame,
But I did not know he would be this tame.

Smokey the Pignite - Level 21 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Flame Charge, Arm Thrust
Tinkerbell the Audino - Level 13 - Pound, Double Slap, Refresh, and some other move I forget
Plymouth the Pidove - Level 15 - Gust, Air Cutter, Roost, Quick Attack
Brocolimon the gangsta monkey evoloution of Sansage - Level 18 - Cut, Work Up, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

So far everyone on my team except Tinkerbell has been proven useful, but Tinkerbell only did one fight (Against the level 17 Heirdier in the second gym-Brocolimon leeched it then spammed cut, but fainted when Heirdier was on red HP. Tinkerbell comes on, Heirdier leeched, XP for Tinkerbell. From level nine to level twelve....hell yeah.)

Also- FLAME CHARGE

That enough made me love this game.

I imagined it grows rocket boosters and a trainer jumps on it. The image amuses me quite a bit.

...that must be what Genesect does, then, too. D:

I was lazy and didn't play and then restarted.

[Aeneas] Tepig Lv. 6
[Tiresias] Patrat Lv. 5
[Canis] Lillipup Lv. 3

Greek/Roman/constellation naming theme.

Golurk is based off of the Iron Giant. Have some taste in movies, man.

Superman... *sob*

Golurk learns Fly.

what the fuck

See my avatar.

Anyways, training my new druddigon for Iris. I want to go fight N :v

Tripjaw [Archeops, M, lv44]
Kabutan [Karrablast, M, lv43]
Sharps [Druddigon, M, lv38]
Mitos [Reuniclus, M, lv41]
Caeru [Golett, N, lv40]
Dharma [Darumaka, F, lv40]

Dharma still kills everything.

Last edited:

Just reached Shopping Mall Nine. I'd like to point out that the Bridges and That scene atop Dragonspiral tower where N wakes up the mascot of the other game are the most detailed things I've seen on a DS.

Current Team:

Samurott: Level 45. Razor Shell still kills everything it touches that's not water resistant
Deino: Level 44. A close second in terms of sheer power - he levels up really quickly, too!
Jutlin (Krookodile): Level 42. Foul Play is a fantastic attack. Enough said
Eltanin (Druddigon): Level 41. Hits hard with Dragon claw, and anything that makes a physical contact attack gets punished for it. Brutally punished
Zebstrika: Placeholder for Zekrom, but did help me blast through gym six
Unfezant: I've rotated this fellow out of most battles after he KO'D a Cryogonal with a crit. Used on occasion, but once I reach the League, I plan on replacing him with the Cofagrigus tucked away in my PC

Back
Top Bottom