• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

Hydreigon is a really funny name to me. It sounds too much like Hydrangea, which makes me think of these, which are possibly the least scary things on the planet.

DEINO GET AND EVOLVE INTO ZWELLIOUS :D. I will kick ass. Gym leader music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> E4 music.

Hydreigon is a really funny name to me. It sounds too much like Hydrangea, which makes me think of these, which are possibly the least scary things on the planet.
Whenever I say it in my head I always make the "drei" incredibly German-sounding but leave the rest normal. It sounds highly ludicrous. :D

Also, loving the "ex-Team Plasma grunt" in Driftveil selling incense while still in uniform.

Heh, love how Alder just jumps off a cliff when you battle Cheren outside Twist Mountain.
Especially since there were stairs right next to him.

Not sure, but here it goes. Burgh that does not know what hes gonna put as a motivational message in your trainer card. Also, all my Pokemon were level 40 something when I went against Ghetsis. And I beat him. HA.

lolwut.

TRAINER encountered Kyruem!
Kyruem: *le level 75*

TRAINER sends out Blast, the Emboar!
Blast: *le level 56*

Kyruem uses Dragon Pulse!
Blast survives with 18 Hp!

Blast uses Head Smash!

*le critical*

Kyruem Fainted!
Blast Faints due to recoil!

what is this I don't even. I just one-hit a level 75 with a level 56. O.o

If you knock it out, it sets you back to right before you fought it and has you fight it again.

If you have no room to catch it, it'll let you move on and it'll be in the Dragonspiral Tower postgame.

What if you don't have any pokeballs?

I've beaten the main story and now am just kind of idly dicking about. Gonna make an awesome team of all my favorites, breeding tynamo for that now.

What if you don't have any pokeballs?

I've beaten the main story and now am just kind of idly dicking about. Gonna make an awesome team of all my favorites, breeding tynamo for that now.

If I'm not mistaken, it's actually possible for you to walk away. There's a Plasma grunt that will "give you ultra balls if you ever need them" somewhere in there, and there's the other one that will warp you back out to the Pokémon League, so... I guess you're just supposed to come back when you do have some.

Just sayin', Audino is ADORABLY CUTE!

...That is all. Except that I'm having very good luck catching legendaries in this game.

...That is all. Except that I'm having very good luck catching legendaries in this game.
Yeah... me too. It was relatively easy to catch Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion... I'm wondering if they somehow lowered their catch rate too.

Also tried Random Wi-Fi Matchup. Don't try it if you don't play competitively... I found that out the hard way when I got ass kicked six times by competitive Japanese players.

Burgh's quote is just so inspirational! In other news, cynthia's garchomp is annoying as ever...

If I'm not mistaken, it's actually possible for you to walk away. There's a Plasma grunt that will "give you ultra balls if you ever need them" somewhere in there, and there's the other one that will warp you back out to the Pokémon League, so... I guess you're just supposed to come back when you do have some.
Yep. Can't move on until you catch it or your box is full, but you can backtrack.

I am currently looking for a foreign scraggy, scrafty, or ditto so I can masuda method a shiny scraggy and maybe replace my darmanitan with it.

spaekle it's your fault

I caught Reshi in a Pokeball :0
It's my new thing, catching legendaries in Pokeballs.

Well, I finished training Volt, my Manectric, this morning. She ended up being the best one I've had so far. (I had one called Volt in Pearl also, this is supposed to be her "comeback" or whatever)
I also got a Haxorus named Judas who is awesome. Random match with them is fun fun~

TABUNNE ARE INDEED VERY CUTE.

I am so far behind from everyone it's ridiculous. It might have to do with me being disadvantaged or just even on every gym so far... I really didn't like the fire monkey, so I beat the first gym with only my lillipup and oshawott. And on the second gym I wasn't all that fond of the fighting types (well, I *kind of at best* liked Sawk, but I never saw one, so) around there or really any in the game so I justused my whole team. That watchog was ridiculously hard. :(

And in the bug team I pretty much did the whole thing with my tabunne, Kanaya, which gave her some much needed experience but she only knew normal type moves. I was really running low on PP by the end of that battle.

I'm also sort of EV training all my pokemon (resetting until I get either a good or neutral nature and only training my pokemon in certain stats but not counting the points), so yeah!

So now I'm at Nimbasa! It seems like it will be more of the same, but not as bad as before. My team is:

Vriska/ Liepardas/ Level 26

Becquerel/ Lillipup/ Level 26 (The fact that I'm not evolving this is also frustrating.)

Eridan/ Dewott/ Level 26

Kanaya/ Tabunne/ Level 25

Jade/ Munna/ Level 26

Negotiation trading is awesome but infuriating. I managed to get a female timid zorua (with egg moves)! I even had a snivy too, but it was male and had no nickname, so I traded it for said zorua, which is japanese, therefore it doesn't bother me whether it has a nickname or not!

I feel so guilty though when I keep on getting offered things and I just want a female gothita! I keep on offering solosis, which I hope might tip them off that I have White, but the only gothita I managed to obtain was a male one with no nickname. Urgh. :/

I still love the feature, though!

Right now I'm in Nimbasa city and I've been taking my time (seriously, there are so many people at my school that have already beaten the game and I got it on the release date!). My team is:

Cobble (Boldore) level 28 (this guy was the only thing that go me though the 2nd gym!)
Scruffy (Herdier) level 27 (This guy was a lifesaver in the desert due to her sand rush ability!)
Winner (Victini) level 26 (I was so happy when I finally got a fire type for my team that I practically burnt down Pinwheel forest in excitement)
Noseface (Servine) level 26 (Stats kinda suck but it helped me win a battle against someone at school with leech seed)
Thwak! (Coneldurr) level 26 (nothing special. Just a fighting type to fill space on the team.)
Funnymop (Simipour) level 26 (Nice and reliable. Not that special either.)

With the new way that exp is dealed out, I dislike it and like it at the same time. I dislike it because it means massive amounts of grinding, but I like it because the more battle that you shove into a period between level-ups, the more ev's you get. Of course, that makes any and all day-care bottlefeds extremely inferior to the rest of your team (seriously, I now have a level 31 Pidove that now has absolutely horrible stats compared to the level 26's on my team!).

Back
Top Bottom