• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

Here. Just copy and paste that address.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

You deserve this trophy:

fuvriska.png

I suppose I'm joining. You guys... infected me or something. It's Mai's fault. Well, actually, in a roundabout way it's still my fault, but whatever.

I really have to update that damn club roster.

Anyway, going as Hearts Boxcars for Halloween. My pumpkin is Jack. Anybody else doing a Homestuck thing? I picked Boxcars because even non-readers will still be like "oh, a mobster".

I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING HS, BUT IF I WERE SOMEHOW ABLE TO GO TO THE FUTURE RIGHT NOW I COULD NOT DRESS UP YET STILL BE ABLE TO CLAIM TO BE KARKAT BECAUSE I'M SO GODDAMN ANGRY RIGHT NOW

I'm being Vriska! A terrible Vriska, but Vriska nonetheless.

I probably would've been Aradia or Feferi instead, but I figured buying more than one shirt would be silly and I'm already a Scorpio so. It's going to be fun!

EDIT: I just realized I don't have a pumpkin carved. Maybe I'll just get one somehow and when asked why it isn't carved I'll make a cliche pumpkin joke.

They don't celebrate Halloween where I am currently so I can't :( But I'd probably be Nepeta. If I actually had the time to put something together.

Also, Mai, remember, you joined my Mafia game, and you have God Tier Jade as your avatar. ^_^ I saw your Fwee Thread post about it so I knew it came from Homestuck and so I found out who it was with some clever searching, but it got me curious. I'm still not entirely caught up, but I know much of what happens. I keep reading spoilers accidentaly because I'm much too curious. Ah well.

MAN
DAT INTERMISSION
But I can't SEE the END
I got TO the CLOCK
what HAPPENS next
ALSO there's NO youtube VIDEO )o:

HELP a BRO out

I got into this in September, right as the hiatus started. Read it in four days! x3

I'm really late in joining, but CASCADE AND INTERMISSION, GUYS? SO COOL.

Also, Black Hole, Green Sun is the best rearrangement ever in my opinion, and I've been listening to it nonstop. Ffffff.

I'm doing NaNo right now or I would be a bit more verbose.

So... is Doc Scratch Lord English then? Or is he just the puppet, no pun intended, for the Lord's travel? I'm so confused.

I'm guessing he's been possessed by Lord English. Hence the whole "I am an excellent host" speech.

I'm guessing he's been possessed by Lord English. Hence the whole "I am an excellent host" speech.

Oh, that would make sense! That's awesome.

Intermission 2 = win.

And man. When Hussie said short, he meant short.

So, Cascade got posted on Newgrounds.

Most of the reviews are along the lines of "IDK WHAT THIS WAS BUT IT WAS AWESOME!", but about a tenth of them didn't give 10s.

The best negative review has to be this one, though.

I don't want to literally bore you to death, you people of the art, music, commissioners, producers, editors, writers and creators... so here are my personal grading reviews.

Flash Overall: 4/10.
Flash Movement: 2/10.
Flash Overall Color and Shading: 8/10
Flash Track Colors: 8/10
Flash Secondary Colors: 3/10
Digital Art: 10/10
Flash Art: 7/10
Flash Music: 9/10
Flash Music Composite: 6/10
Flash Music Transition: 23/100
Overall Music: 7/10
Overall Track Speed: 4/10
Overall Quality/DV Module N Graphics: 33/50
Omniscient Rounded Shading: 3/10
Layer Shifting: 8/10
Composition Setting Module: 66/100
DVI Video Directory: 45/100
Sound Module: 0/10
Sound AVI:0/10
Sound Overall: 0/10
Sound Effect(e.g., bass, stray noises, etc.): 0/10
3rd Person Features(e.g., Title Screen) : 1/10
Loading Flash Module: 2/10
Storyline: 3/10
Copyrights/Protection Scams: 0/10
Advertisements: 0/10
Ending and Beginning: 3/10

Now for my written review.

This... this is both the great combination of both disturbing and interesting idealogical expressions. I loved this so much. I loved it in enormous amounts of respect in any way possible. Everything was just.... Un-perfect. Yes. Un-perfect. This is one of the most ethical, creative and unique idea's I have ever seen in my life; regardless there were humongous amounts of fatal errors that damaged this idea, crumpled it up, and threw it in the shit pile. Literally, I'm not saying this is bad, or anything like that. But... were the programmers or editors on crack that day? Do any of you, anyone who worked to create this (obviously not created with a solo-operative editor) know how to use soft keyframes in motion? This could have ever been the most fantastic edition of Newgrounds showcase franchise and half of what it was meant to be was screwed up by others and simple-minded videographers. Depending on what program you or anyone used to assemble such pieces of art should be cautious in logical flash movement operations. Don't think it ends there- The title screen... after I saw it I literally said in my mind: "What the fuck.". The loading screen does not prior to anybody, considering it takes as long as a 50 year-old man to shit in a bathroom filled with bundles of newspaper from the 1960's. After the whole movie, I was so shocked, but with mixed feelings. Was this good, or bad? Creative, or selflessly slapped into a video compromise? There was no credits at ALL, which was very disappointing. I waited about 5 minutes for it to come, then I realized that there was none, and there was no ending scene. Just a window of sight broken into the depths of hell, embossed in the creation of the sun and moon, time and space, fire and torture. The music was slightly okay, although the transition could use a bit of work, seeing that there is about 4 seconds in between the scenes where there is no sound at all. Which brings me to another situation: sound. THERE IS NO SOUND! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD SET UP SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND ADD ABSOLUTELY NO SOUND? I may be very childish to use caps at a time like this, but this is just inconceivable madness. No weaponry sounds, no planetary explosions, no Onomatopoeia, no anything. Maybe thats just how this flash is, but thats your loss of anything, by far of what I care at all. The art of mediocre, really. The pixelation was downgrading, but it was a nice touch. Graphics, even at high, can't become awesome as they are today.

So I am telling you right now, just now... that all of you have unique momentary mental sights. But these elements are essential in order to succeed at a much higher rate in fast flash. Artwork doesn't grow on trees, I tell you that. This was a very nice try, and a very anime-like scene; I like that. But you all must add more and use more fortification. Use more physics. And you all will become great as I call myself a great review performance writer. Thank you, and good night.

(P.S. On the loading screen, (which took inevitably long) it said: 'Upgrading Aluminum towels'. LOL.)

4/10, 3/5

~Nickypickle

Most of the "woah, what were you smoking" reviews are pretty funny. So yeah, this is funny if you're bored.

ALSO!

Help me decide: I want to get a Homestuck hoodie! The Hero of Breath one would be most fitting for me but I already own a blue hoodie! So I'm deciding between Hero of Light and Hero of Time AND I CAN'T DECIDE! It's the second-most perplexing dilemma of the year (first of course being the whole front seat/back seat debacle).

Karkat - well, it's up to you, but I personally like the Time godhood better. I don't really know you at all, so it's hard for me to say which one would fit you best.

also: is the TCoD memo on Pesterchum still a thing? Because I just downloaded Pesterchum, and I couldn't find it. :C

Listen to your heart.

By which I totally mean get a Hero of Heart hoodie and wear it the most obnoxious way possible.

Back
Top Bottom