• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dragon vs Keldeo

Eifie

oh man, good times.
Pronoun
she/her
[size=+2]Dragon vs Keldeo[/size]

Format: 1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 49%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Destiny Bond, Attract, Super Fang, Dig, weather moves
Arena Description: on top of a draco meteor

A huge flaming draco meteor, large enough for two average-to-large Pokemon to comfortably battle on, hurtling through the sky. Maybe Rayquaza is using Draco Meteor? The meteor is far away enough that it will only reach its intended location shortly after the battle finishes, however long that might take.

Every round, Pokemon will take 3% Dragon type damage from the meteor's flames, but Dragon type moves' damage will be boosted x1.5. Ground or Rock type moves requiring natural resources will deal Dragon type damage instead, but originally Ground type moves will still not affect flying or levitating Pokemon. Water type moves requiring an external source of water will fail.

Additional Rules: No Fairy type Pokemon, though Fairy type moves are fair game. First stage evolving Pokemon are preferred. (Recommended: use a Pokemon that knows Draco Meteor! Aim for the damage cap each round!)

Dragon's active squad

weavile Frozen the female Weavile <Pressure> @ Dread Plate
togekiss Ashglade the male Togekiss <Serene Grace>
sharpedo ed'Rashtekaresket the male Sharpedo <Rough Skin>
buizel Taggerung the male Buizel <Swift Swim>
vulpix Sansa the female Vulpix <Flash Fire> @ Fire Stone
scraggy Vuvuzuru the female Scraggy <Shed Skin>
taillow Dees the female Taillow <Guts> @ Toxic Orb
fletchling Fletchling the female Fletchling <Gale Wings> @ Flying Gem
noibat Macaroon the female Noibat <Infiltrator> @ Lucky Egg
torchic Beatrice the female Torchic <Blaze> @ Eviolite

Keldeo's active squad

crobat Vesper the female Crobat <Inner Focus> @ Black Sludge
pangoro Toby the male Pangoro <Iron Fist>
axew Robin the female Axew <Mold Breaker> @ Lucky Egg
emolga Rhyme the female Emolga <Static> @ Life Orb
scatterbug Micah the male Scatterbug <Shield Dust>

Command Order
  • Keldeo unleashes the fury of Micah
  • Dragon sends out Rayquaza and orders commands
  • Keldeo posts intricate commands from Micah's expansive movepool
  • Extreme destruction (of Rayquaza) ensues

(Thanks for picking this up so quickly, Eifie!)

Wellll I'd love to send out Rayquaza, but letting it out of the basement might result in another Bad Situation, you know? It's not a problem, though! Macaroon can do just as much damage as Rayquaza, no sweat.

..Although, this might be a bit difficult with your super shallow movepool, Macaroon. And I put all the cheap tricks I like to use on the banned move list, oops! Well, let's see what we can do here anyways.

Supersonic until it sticks, then Dragon Pulse away. If she Protects, use Agility to fly up out of the range of physical attacks, or Double Team for max clones on the last action. If you get Taunted or she has a Substitute, don't let that slow you down, just wreck away with Dragon Pulse!

Supersonic/Dragon Pulse/Agility ~ Supersonic/Dragon Pulse/Agility ~ Supersonic/Dragon Pulse/Double Team

Confusion sucks, so why don't we give her some? Start off with a Swagger, then keep your distance and hit her with a Draco Meteor. End with Rock Tomb. If you miss with anything at any point, delay all your actions and use it again.

Swagger ~ Draco Meteor / Swagger ~ Rock Tomb / Draco Meteor / Swagger

Round One

Team Dragon
Noibat
Macaroon ♀ @Lucky Egg
Ability: Infiltrator
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Team Keldeo
Axew
Robin ♀ @Lucky Egg
Ability: Mold Breaker
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

------------------------------​

The skies of Asber are certainly something to behold, what with battles taking place on the backs of excessively large metal dragons and even larger anchovy pizzas soaring through space, so nobody really bats an eye when Dragon decides to hitch a ride on that massive fiery meteor over there, on fast track to a collision with the earth that's bound to have dire consequences for all the unfortunate souls that happen to be nearby. That minor inconvenience aside, though, it sure is a cheaper and more efficient means of transportation than having to hold down the B button all the time. The referee eyes the two fittingly-Dragon-type combatants, thinking of starting a surely-lucrative new business venture...

Robin steps forward without hesitation, armed with her very best insult. "Macaroons? Gross. Macarons are where it's at, yo." Macaroon, unskilled in the art of discerning homophones, has absolutely zero idea what this is supposed to mean, but she gets the feeling that she's supposed to be mad, so she just goes with it. It kind of fits the atmosphere, after all. And so the fires of rage are stoked in Macaroon's heart, burning fiercely as the flames erupting from the heart of the Draco Meteor itself. So righteous is her fury, so true her cause, that all else pales into insignificance next to her desire to carve open her opponent like a delicious roast turkey. The world fades away from around her as she cuts a graceful arc through the skies, intent on her prey... and faceplants with shocking force straight into the surface of the meteor, nowhere near where Robin is standing. In her defense, that small protrusion from the ground looked kind of like a tusk.

Her opponent gives her no time to regain her bearings. The Axew lets loose her idea of a roar for the ages (those listening would describe it as a pathetic, sort of high-pitched mewling) that echoes mightily through the craters of the meteor, surely striking fear into the hearts of all taking shelter within. And then she waits. And her trainer waits, and the referee waits, and her opponent's trainer waits, but Macaroon is too busy counting the stars swirling around her head to really notice. Anticlimactic silence reigns as another, much smaller meteor, sputtering much less impressive wisps of flame, goes whizzing clear past all of them, disappearing unremarkably into the clouds below.

As the three trainers share awkward looks of second-hand embarrassment, Macaroon, having been completely oblivious to the entire affair, continues to find her heart filled with naught but rage at her opponent's impudence. So she satisfies herself by screaming internally at the top of her mental voice's internal lungs. It's so loud, in fact, that her anger somehow channels itself out of her oversized ears in the form of an non-stop, high-pitched whine that only Robin can actually hear. Keldeo looks on in bewilderment as Robin claps her hands over her ears, shaking her head in agony as she futilely struggles to block out the sound. Even after the screeching fades away, the Axew stumbles about in a daze, the horrid ringing still echoing in her ears. Throwing her head back, she attempts to drown out the noise with another mighty roar, raising her stubby arms up unimpressively to beckon to the skies. Again a flaming hunk of rock answers her call, more on point this time, preceded by an ominous whirring noise as it plummets from above to slam into the meteor carrying them. It's still much smaller, especially after Robin invested so much of her energy into summoning the last one, but certainly enough to pin Macaroon to the rock below, angry swathes of green draconic flame licking at her fur and wings. Macaroon screams and writhes on the spot, but finds herself completely unable to escape until the meteor burns itself out, covering the surface of The Meteor with a layer of charred rubble.

When at last the flaming remains of the smaller meteor settle, Macaroon is finally able to pull herself upright again, the impact having jarred a part of her back to reality. Wings drooping from exhaustion, she wastes no time in summoning up some Dragon-type energy of her own, a snarl ripping out from her jaws as vibrant green flames spill out from the sides. She opens her mouth to let loose a stream of pure draconic fire that gushes forth toward Robin, searing the Axew's skin with waves of fiery energy that it picks up from the surface of The Meteor along the way. Robin stops, drops, and rolls on the ground in terror, batting uselessly at the flames with her tiny arms and blowing almost comically on them in a desperate attempt to put them out. The Meteor is unconcerned and does nothing to help; indeed, instead it belches out even more angry flames with a forceful bellow to engulf both battlers in its rage.

Team Dragon
Noibat
Macaroon ♀ @Lucky Egg
Health: 56%
Energy: 93%
Status: HIIIISSSSSSSS. Moderately confused (25% chance of failure). +2 Attack.
Used: [confused] ~ Supersonic ~ Dragon Pulse

Team Keldeo
Axew
Robin ♀ @Lucky Egg
Health: 72%
Energy: 82%
Status: ROOOOAAAAAAR. Moderately confused (30% chance of failure). -4 Special Attack.
Used: Swagger ~ Draco Meteor (missed) ~ Draco Meteor

Arena Status
  • The surface of The Meteor is covered with the charred remains of an inferior Draco Meteor.

Damage and Energy
  • Macaroon's Health: 100% - 6% (confusionfail) - 34% (Draco Meteor) - 4% (fuck it's a fucking Draco Meteor) = 56%
  • Macaroon's Energy: 100% - 2% (confusionfail) - 1% (Supersonic) - 4% (Dragon Pulse) = 93%
  • Robin's Health: 100% - 24% (Dragon Pulse) - 4% (fuck it's a fucking Draco Meteor) = 72%
  • Robin's Energy: 100% - 4% (Swagger) - 7% (Draco Meteor) - 7% (Draco Meteor) = 82%

Notes
  • Note to self: Robin (57) slightly outspeeds Macaroon (55).
  • I hate writing Swagger... I'm leaving in the version I wrote when I was half-awake for jokes. Enjoy!
  • The first Draco Meteor rolled 100 to miss. Damn.
  • For future reference, should the per-round Dragon-type damage ignore the cap? From your carefully-calculated damage cap I'm thinking maybe it shouldn't, but idk.
  • Also, I applied the 1.5x Dragon-type modifier after STAB, but damage will be a bit different if you're intending me to apply it to final damage instead. Which should it be?
  • Keldeo commands first this round.

Chill to clear your head, then Draco Meteor and Dragon Claw. On the second and third actions, if she's unhittable (bar Substitute), Chill instead, and if she has double team clones, Shock Wave.

Chill (clear head) ~ Draco Meteor / Chill / Shock Wave ~ Dragon Claw / Chill / Shock Wave

*whispers* I agree that coconut macaroons are nasty as heck!! (but around the time XY came out, I was convinced it was the coconut macaroons that were macarons, and the French ones that were macaroons so I named my Noivern Macaroon to spite my friend who was trying to tell me otherwise pffff.)

34% DAMAGE WITH ONE HIT HAHAHA this battle's gonna be over in like two more rounds, isn't it. Let's do our best to make it end with a win for us, Macaroon! We're a bit behind in health, but I get the feeling this battle will be decided by confusion rolls? So I'm gonna build a shrine and sacrifice top quality macarons to the RNGods >:[

You're already confused, so just go to town with Outrage! If you finish after two actions, switch to Draco Meteor, and if you've already hit the damage cap by then (hhhhahaha oh man) just Chill and try to clear your head as well. If you've confusionfailed on the first two actions ( :( ) just use Draco Meteor on the third action.

Outrage ~ Outrage ~ Outrage/Draco Meteor/Chill

Round Two

Team Dragon
Noibat
Macaroon ♀ @Lucky Egg
Health: 56%
Energy: 93%
Status: HIIIISSSSSSSS. Moderately confused (25% chance of failure). +2 Attack.

Team Keldeo
Axew
Robin ♀ @Lucky Egg
Health: 72%
Energy: 82%
Status: ROOOOAAAAAAR. Moderately confused (30% chance of failure). -4 Special Attack.

Calling up those Draco Meteors, much as they paled in comparison with The True Meteor, was pretty exhausting for Robin, so she's grateful for a chance to sit down and relax. The Meteor's got a nice view, after all. Unfortunately, her chance to observe it is slightly soured by the berserk, snarling Noibat rampaging angrily about. Thick, black smoke pours from Macaroon's nostrils as a curtain of deep orange flame bursts into being around her and she locks eyes with her trembling target. All thoughts of rest forgotten, the Axew screams and scrambles for cover, but too late: all 17.6 pounds of furious Noibat come crashing into her, and The Meteor roars its approval, supplying a geyser of molten flame itself to further bathe Robin in the flames of agony. Claws wreathed in dragonfire rake her skin mercilessly, and all Robin can do is fall limp to the ground, hoping and praying for the pain to end.

At last Robin gets a spare second to cry out to the heavens again, desperately this time, and it feels like forever before yet another flaming meteor comes sailing from an opening between the clouds, temporarily halting Macaroon's assault by crushing her beneath its fiery mass. Macaroon doesn't stop moving for an instant, turning her rampage now on her new foe as she struggles to throw it off her. It's even smaller than the last two, so she soon manages to bash it to pieces and stomp back toward Robin with renewed fervour. Robin cringes away and covers her face, not sure she can bear any more of this pain, but strangely, after a while it all seems to just... fade away, like she's been hurt so much that she can't possibly be hurting any more. It's just enough that she manages to work up the energy to send flames leaping from her claws and strike back, slashing her claws into Macaroon's left wing with a roar. Macaroon responds with dragonflame-laced claws of her own, raking them across whatever part of Robin she can reach until her sudden burst of rage disappears as quickly as it came, leaving her stumbling about in bewilderment. Dragon stares across at dragon (and trainer Dragon stares at them both), both panting hard from the exertion of their struggle, as The Meteor belches out yet another burst of fire laced with Dragon-type energy to scorch them both.

Team Dragon
Noibat
Macaroon ♀ @Lucky Egg
Health: 3%
Energy: 75%
Status: WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT ME TO BE SO ANGRY?! Severely confused (50% chance of failure). +2 Attack.
Used: Outrage ~ Outrage ~ Outrage

Team Keldeo
Axew
Robin ♀ @Lucky Egg
Health: 19%
Energy: 72%
Status: OH MY GOD I DIDN'T MEAN IT CALM DOWN??? -6 Special Attack.
Used: Chill (failed) ~ Draco Meteor ~ Dragon Claw

Arena Status
  • The surface of The Meteor is covered with the charred remains of inferior Draco Meteors.

Damage and Energy
  • Macaroon's Health: 56% - 32% (Draco Meteor) - 22% (Dragon Claw) - 4% (fuck it's a fucking Draco Meteor) = 3% (capped)
  • Macaroon's Energy: 93% - 6% (Outrage) - 6% (Outrage) - 6% (Outrage) = 75%
  • Robin's Health: 72% - 36% (Outrage) - 36% (Outrage) - 36% (Outrage) - 4% (fuck it's a fucking Draco Meteor) = 19% (capped)
  • Robin's Energy: 82% - 7% (Draco Meteor) - 3% (Dragon Claw) = 72%

Notes
  • Note to self: Robin (57) slightly outspeeds Macaroon (55).
  • What with the massive amounts of damage being dealt, both battlers' confusion cleared up by their second actions.
  • Robin didn't really get a chance to do much chilling, what with being assaulted by a furious dragon and all, but the hit did do a lot to clear her head...
  • Outrage lasted 3 actions.
  • By the way, as I'd ref it Macaroon would have no way of knowing if she'd hit the damage cap.
  • Since you didn't actually answer and it now became relevant, I made the per-round damage ignore the cap, and it really doesn't matter at this point but if you want it to count toward the cap I'll change it.
  • Robin hit the damage cap on the second action, and Macaroon hit the cap on the third.
  • THESE DRAGON DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS ARE ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS DRAGON I DON'T THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA
  • I NEED SYNONYMS FOR "FIRE" AND "FLAME" HOLY JEEZ
  • Dragon commands first this round.

Last edited:
Whoops! I see you looking, Dragon, so I'm going to make a separate post about this edit — while the damage and energy calculations at the bottom take the per-round Dragon-type damage into account, the actual post-round stats do not. That's been fixed now, so each Pokémon has 4% less health than before.

screams a bit (read: a lot)

I, for one, feel like this was a Great Idea!!!! What's not a great idea was not using Agility or Tailwind when we had the chance because it looks like that's gonna kill us now. Whoops \o/

Right now it would be pretty great if you knew Quick Attack or another priority attack, Macaroon! But you don't, so here we are instead. It doesn't look like we can bs our way out of this one, but let's try anyways? Gimme an Agility + Aerial Ace + Dragon Claw combo to dodge and attack, or just to try to attack first if you don't think you can pull that off, and god fuckin speed.

If she Protects, use Agility instead and Aerial Ace + Dragon Claw the next action. If she uses Double Team, Aerial Ace + Dragon Claw instead! If you're still around on the third action for some reason (???), use a one action Sky Attack and try to knock Robin off the meteor.

If you hurt yourself in confusion, weLP we tried and we should've just gone for it right off the bat with a few good Draco Meteors instead of trying to mess around with statuses. RIP

Agility + Aerial Ace + Dragon Claw/Agility/Aerial Ace + Dragon Claw ~ Aerial Ace + Dragon Claw ~ Sky Attack

We got this Robin! Endure the combo, then Dragon Rage.

Endure ~ Dragon Rage ~ Dragon Rage

(also: this was the best idea)

Round Three

Team Dragon
Noibat
Macaroon ♀ @Lucky Egg
Health: 3%
Energy: 75%
Status: WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT ME TO BE SO ANGRY?! Severely confused (50% chance of failure). +2 Attack.

Team Keldeo
Axew
Robin ♀ @Lucky Egg
Health: 19%
Energy: 72%
Status: OH MY GOD I DIDN'T MEAN IT CALM DOWN??? -6 Special Attack.

Macaroon is pretty damn terrifying when she's mad, and Robin's thinking there's nothing for it but to run for her life. Take her chances and hop off this meteor, never to make such a rash battling decision again. It's too bad that her trainer has different plans.

With a deep sigh, Robin screws her eyes shut and concentrates all of her will to live, a blue glow surrounding her as she relives happy memories of her childhood. Killing trees with her tusks in the forest in which she was born. Killing trees with her tusks in the Pokémon sanctuary where she lived before her trainer came for her. Killing trees with her tusks in the imaginary scenery inside her Poké Ball. She's lived life, all right. She can't let this end now! As Robin focuses on happy thoughts, Macaroon leaps straight up into the air, performing a graceful pirouette before she comes spiralling down at dizzying speed, wisps of dragon flame trailing behind her as fire erupts from her claws one last time. The world seems to slow for Robin as she feels every tiny jolt of the impact, struggling to keep her footing as Macaroon's claws rake into her hide and push her back, back, back. At last she gives in and falls to the ground with a final thud, waiting for her vision to fade as the Noibat flutters off of her...

But the darkness does not come. She's alive! All her horrible experiences in this battle have come to this! There's only one thing left to do now: pushing herself back to her feet, she faces her exhausted, ragged opponent, and with a small cough, releases the tiniest, most pathetic sputter of dragon flame you'll ever see. But it's enough. The flame simply touches Macaroon between the eyes and the Noibat goes motionless, all her limbs locking up as she plummets straight to the ground and doesn't move again.

It's pretty anticlimactic, but Macaroon's defeat is soon to be forgotten as The Meteor breaks through a final layer of cloud to offer all those riding upon it a vision of Lumiose City. The trainers are able to behold its beauty for only a second before The Meteor slams into the Prism Tower, lopping off a huge chunk and taking it to the ground, crushing an innocent Litleo in the process. As the dust settles, all eyes are drawn to the lone Oran Berry lying on the ground nearby...

Team Dragon
Noibat
Macaroon ♀ @Lucky Egg
Health: 0%
Energy: 66%
Used: Agility + Aerial Ace + Dragon Claw

Team Keldeo
Axew
Robin ♀ @Lucky Egg
Health: 1%
Energy: 60%
Status: DEAR DRAGON GOD RELEASE ME FROM THIS TURMOIL -6 Special Attack.
Used: Endure ~ Dragon Rage

Arena Status
  • THERE'S AN ORAN BERRY ON THE GROUND, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

Damage and Energy
  • Macaroon's Health: 3% - 4% (Dragon Rage) = 0%
  • Macaroon's Energy: 75% - 9% (super dragon acrobatics) = 66%
  • Robin's Health: 19% - 41% (super dragon acrobatics) = 1% (endured)
  • Robin's Energy: 72% - 10% (Endure) - 2% (Dragon Rage) = 60%

Notes
  • Though I was iffy about the Aerial Ace part of the combo, I let it fly because look at this battle. Why the fuck not. The result was a 140 BP Dragon-type attack that costed 10% base energy.

Final Notes
  • Keldeo wins! She gets $8, and Robin gets 3 EXP.
  • Dragon gets $4 and Macaroon gets 2 EXP, since it looks like the Lucky Egg change went through.
  • I get $5 or something idk

Last edited:
41% damage, dear lord

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about Endure, what a disaster. Everything is a disaster. We accidentally the Prism Tower and this is a disaster.

Although, it was a super fun disaster! Good game, Keldeo, and thanks again for reffing, Eifie! I.. didn't mean for the battle to end in 2.5 rounds, but you know what, I'm gonna own it, and.. stew in the aftermath of this battle and ponder the choices that have led to this moment, probably.

That was a great battle! Thank you to both Dragon and Eifie for making this amazing dragon destruction possible.

Back
Top Bottom