• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

(Sign-ups)Pokemon: Battle of the Kingdoms

CJBlazer

Where have I been at?
Map of the Kingdoms

9s4eqh.png

Background
Long ago, long before humans became interactive with the Pokemon of the Virdon Region, there existed six kingdoms, known as the Forest, Mountain, Volcano, Hydro, Shadow, and Cloud Kingdoms. Each Kingdom was ruled by the strongest Pokemon in each of them.

Peace and prosperity existed for many a year, but that peace was shaken when the High King, Joran, the Lucario, was mysteriously assassinated and a new king emerged, Nightmane. Nobody knows, though, just what Nightmane is, so its hard to know which kingdom is responsible.

A war soon breaks out in attempt to find and kill the traitors responsible. This is where you come in. You can choose to be a Warrior or a ruler. What ever you choose, just remember that the future of the Pokemon World rest with you. Choose your alliances well and help bring down Nightmane.

May the power of Arcues rest with you all.

Mountain: Living in what will be named the Boulderon mountains, this kingdom consistes of mainly rock, steel, and ground type Pokemon with the occasional Fighting and Psychic type.

Volcano: Much like the Mountain Kingdom, the Volcano Kingdom exists in what will soon be considered Embryon Area. Dominated by fire types, it also shares its home with rock, stell, and ground types being that Embryon is near the Boulderon Mountains.

Hydro: Living in the waters and in what will be the Glastron Islands exists the Hydro Kingdom. They are isolated from the mainland, but still remain interactive with the other kingdoms. Water and Ice type Pokemon dominate here.

Cloud: The kingdom of flying types is diverse and shares no particular homeland. The two main species here are Flying and Dragon types (the airborn dragons mainly).

Shadow: The elusive Shadow Kingdom exists in the darker areas of the region and are dominated by dark and ghost type Pokemon. Psychic Pokemon also make their home here.

Position (Ruler or Warrior)
Kingdom (You don't have to belong to the kingdom that is typical for your Pokemon. For Example, a Dewott can be part of the Volcano Kingdom. Just don't have too many cross-overs though)::
History (optional)
Altered Appearance or Fakemon Description:
Other Details (anything else you want us to know about your character, like if he/she likes cheese, ice cream, carries a big huge stick, ect.)
Postion: Ruler
Kingdom: Volcano
History: The daughter of the former King Doom, Amber became the ruler of the Volcano Kingdom after her mother and father were killed in a hunt.Though young, Amber is a very skilled leader and will defend her allies in any battle.
Altered Appearance: One of her horns are broken off and she carries a black cloak on her back.
Other Details: For some odd reason, Amber likes to roast things, and loves to have roasted apples.
Michael, the Quilava (Control of Dialga)

Mountain
Minor, the Excadrill (Blazer)

Volcano
Amber, the Houndoom (Blazer)

Hydro
Gruff, the Beartic (DarkFire)

Cloud
(None Yet)

-Shadow
Rose, the Espeon (Espeon)

Warriors

-Forest
Harlin, the Lilligant (Control of Dialga)

-Mountain
Kaen, the Petrolfhar (DarkFire)

-Volcano
Jacen, the Rogastar (Blazer)

-Hydro
Blade, the Dewott (Mijumaru)
-Cloud

-Shadow

Rules of the Roleplay

1. All the general rules apply
2. No legendary Pokemon
3. A maximum of two characters (one ruler and one warrior) per player.
4. No mentioning humans (this is in a time before humans went to the Virdon and settled there)
5. Try to be professional and don't make confusing and/or inapproriate posts
5. Have lots of fun.

Other Important Info.

1. There is an unlimited moveset, just as long as your Pokemon knows it.
2. Personality shall be set up in the RP.
3. Rulers are chosen on a first come first serve basis, which means if you wished to be a ruler of a kingdom, you cannot if there already is one. However, Warriors are endless.
4. Once all Rulers are chosen for the six kingdoms, all new sign-ups must be Warriors.
5. Each Kingdom may also have its own set of rules and customs. (For example, in the Volcano Kingdom, a prisoner accused of theivery will report to the tar pits for punishment)

Last edited:
Name: Michael
Species: Quilava
Position: Ruler
Kingdom: Forest
History: N/A
Altered Appearance or Fakemon Description: The rear flames burn in shade of blue and the head flames burn in purple shades.
Other Details: Quick to Anger and is a pyromaniac

Name: Harlin
Species: Lilligant
Position: Warrior
Kingdom: Forest
Altered Appearance or Fakemon Description: N/A
Other Details: N/A

Last edited:
Going to post both my chars. Seeing as I have the chance, must grab it.

Name: Gruff
Species: Beartic
Position (Ruler or Warrior): Ruler
Kingdom (You don't have to belong to the kingdom that is typical for your Pokemon. For Example, a Dewott can be part of the Volcano Kingdom. Just don't have too many cross-overs though): Hydro
History (optional): Simply put, an elder Beartic who grew up as the kingdoms formed and earned himself the seat as ruler of the water and ice in the Hydro kingdom through his wisdom, as the ruler before him had passed of natural means. He has many times had to fend off some "odd" approaches as ruler, but has kept the Hydro kingdom in relative peace, until the war. Now he plans carefully the Hydro kingdom's involvement, though he is leaning toward assisting the other Kingdoms.
Altered Appearance or Fakemon Description: Larger and slightly shaggier then most Beartic, also slightly grey in his fur.
Other Details (anything else you want us to know about your character, like if he/she likes cheese, ice cream, carries a big huge stick, ect.): He has a dislike for the Volcano kingdom, for both the fiery, in personality and ability, Pokemon and their home. He also carries a carved stick that looks somewhat like a simplified scepter, and often walks on it.

Name: Kael
Species: Petrolfhar
Position (Ruler or Warrior): Warrior
Kingdom (You don't have to belong to the kingdom that is typical for your Pokemon. For Example, a Dewott can be part of the Volcano Kingdom. Just don't have too many cross-overs though): Mountain
History (optional):
Altered Appearance or Fakemon Description: A dark brown lupine figure that stands bipedal-digit-grade with what looks like rock cuffs on each lower leg and each wrist, and fire down it's back, and along the top of its tail to a blaze at the tip. It's about 5' 7" in height and looks around ~240 lb. Fire/Rock type.(I'd have a picture, but it's the only one I -haven't- drawn yet...)
Other Details (anything else you want us to know about your character, like if he/she likes cheese, ice cream, carries a big huge stick, ect.): Kael may be a fire type, but he is more at home with the rock side of his being, making his home as a member of the Mountain kingdom instead of the Volcano kingdom. Also, his body-flames are harmless, though very warm, but the fire he creates for attacks is absolutely dangerous, as also that if he blazes his mane for a flame-covered physical attack.

Name: Rose
Species: Espeon
Kingdom: Shadow
History: Rose grew up as the daughter of the ruler of the Shadow Kingdom, Shadow the Umbreon. Her mother died when she was young, so her father raised her to be the Ruler. Soon after defeating her father and gaining the title as ruler, her father died of a weird sickness.
Altered Appearance or Fakemon Description: Golden eyes.
Other Details: She has an icy blue rose on her head and a yin/yang necklace.

Everyone above is accepted.

I added you to the list!!

Also, I guess I should make a warrior.

Name: Jacen
Species: Rogastar
Kingdom: Volcano
History: Jacen was adopted into the Volcano Kingdom while he was only a Rogon. Nobody knows who left him alone on the Embryon Plains, but it was King Doom who brought him up to raise him as a warrior for the kingdom. He is now a Rogastar and still remains faithful to Queen Amber.
Fakemon Description:
Rogastar is the ninja Pokemon. He begins as a Rogon, evolves into a Rogetta, and then becomes a Rogastar. It stands 6 feet tall and is human shaped. The only thing that really sets it apart from being mistaken as a human is the silver skin that can be seen under the black ninja mask. Rogastar is also suited in a black ninja outfit with a red X on the front. Two arm-blades come out of the tops of his wrists at his command and become like claws. Rogastar is also a Dark/Fighting type Pokemon that becomes Psychic/Fighting during the day.
Other Details: Nothing else

Also Shall we begin now or wait for all the slots to be filled up?

Last edited:
(Wait for me, please!!!)

Name: Lance
Species: Swellow
Kingdom: Cloud
Altered Appearance:
No altered appearance save for the yellow band around his head signifying him king of the Cloud Kingdom.
Other Details: He is faster than most Swellow and rules justly among the nomadic cloud kingdom (I am guessing they are nomads from how you described them.

and for my warrior.

Name: Frost
Species: Artice
Position Warrior
Kingdom: Hydro
History:
Fakemon Description:
Artice is a ice and Fighting Pokemon that stands about 5'6'' and has icy-blue skin that radiants with coldness. He has sharp claws and can grow ice shards from his arm.
Other Details: He rarely ever goes into the water and stays on either the Mainland or Glastron Island.

Last edited:
Awesome, you are accepted Tech!!

Either we start now, or wait for a Mountain Ruler, which one shall it be?

Alright!!!

*leaves the lounge to begin the RP*

Sign-ups still shall be accepted. Once a Mountain Ruler is chosen, only Warriors will be accepted.

This is kind of bad. No Mountain Ruler yet, which mean I can't play one of my characters, and I'm not sure how to get my ruler involved (seeing as BlasTech hasn't been on in forever and I'm unsure how to just RP this otherwise...).

I came up with an idea!!! Minor, the Excadrill shall be made the Ruler. I made Minor, so I shall control him.

Name: Blade
Species: Dewott
Kingdom: Hydro Kingdom
Altered Appearance or Fakemon Description: His scalchops are pure white, and his whiskers are a little more bluish.
Other Details: He spends most of his time in the water, and prefers to stay on the beaches of Gastron Island, instead of being in the mainland. He also likes to use one scalchop at a time when in battle, instead of both.

Name: Patch
Species: Banette
Kingdom: Shadow
History: As a young Shuppet, Patch loved making people laugh. His family was poor, but happy. But one day, his parents found him lying on the ground nearly dead, with a tear through his head. His family was too poor to afford proper medical treatment, so they had to resort to sewing it back together. Since that day, Patch became…different. He still loves a good laugh, but his sense of humor became progressively more demented as time went on. He eventually got a job as the royal court jester for Queen Rose, but humor was all but gone after Joran’s assassination, so he got demoted to a warrior.
Altered Appearance or Fakemon Description: Has a patch on the right side of his head.
Other Details: Patch is just a nickname, but he’s been called it for so long, hardly anyone remembers his real name.

Back
Top Bottom