• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Secret Link

Okay, so now I understand the oldestofold thing. :P

Also, has anyone else found clue four in its current location? I can't imagine someone actually doing the thing to get you to it, unless they were really, really, bored, but whatever. I want to know how much bragging rights I have. :D

Zeta Reticuli said:
Also, has anyone else found clue four in its current location? I can't imagine someone actually doing the thing to get you to it, unless they were really, really, bored, but whatever. I want to know how much bragging rights I have. :D
Nobody has found it to my knowledge, but it's not as if I log people's IPs when they do that; somebody could have found it and just not told me about it. Although I doubt it.

AWESOME

I am eagerly anticipating this new game. :D How long do you think it'll be until it's up?

(just don't make it a notpron/zest-like game or else everyone will think I copied you when I finish mine a couple of months from now :P )

EDIT: Also, it's not like you could log people's IPs, because it's very easy to find the alternative discussed-in-the-FAQ way.

I could make it log IPs from the other side. :P

The new game is a timed scavenger hunt around the site. I think you'll like it. :D As for when, I was hoping to get it up in the weekend, before I go to Spain for the IMO.

I remember when I found the Secret Link... I was looking for something, and decided to try typing in possible URLs for that... thing. The first one directed to to some older version of the Secret Link Page, which kinda explained the location of the secret link, so I just clicked there and presto :P

But I still haven't found all of the clues.

Read my sig, either one person (or at least very few people have found all the clues). Well, not counting using the easy method.

All of this discussion has actually made me want to find the clues in a legitimate fashion. XD

I haven't found the secret link, but I do admit that I've tried to find it on several occasions. XD

I fail at that game. I've tried so hard and all I've found is the fake clue.

;_;

Ugh, I'll probably not get it up now, because I've been spending the weekend being all lovey-dovey with Shadey and playing Phoenix Wright. D: Sorry.

That's making me want to find all of the clues legitimately.
I found the secret link because I was trying to type in the full URL of another page, but ended up forgetting the page name and accidentally typing in the secret page URL instead.

That's making me want to find all of the clues legitimately.
I found the secret link because I was trying to type in the full URL of another page, but ended up forgetting the page name and accidentally typing in the secret page URL instead.

Wait, wtf? The url of the secret link is http://dragonflycave.com/ (a bunch of random letters that don't spell a word) .htm

How could you possibly guess that?

I have to wonder about that too, yes. The odds against accidentally typing in that exact 17-letter string of pure gibberish are astronomical. o.O

Seriously. Said gibberish is a severely mangled version of fictional gibberish in the Icelandic translation of a book. You don't get a lot more gibberish than that.

awwwww, this sucks, a week from now I have to go to sleepaway camp (which I am not looking forward to at all) and I have no idea if I'll have internet access or not. Since it's timed, that means that I (probably) miss it. Poop.

Well, then again, I might have internet access, because they did say that we would be allowed to e-mail friends, but I have no idea how that works out, and besides they said that we weren't allowed to email for the entire first week. D:

Maybe you could get it up four weeks from now? :P

Woah, really? I thought I had found it. The one page I found said stuff about "this is the secret page" and it explains all of the clues.
:/
Apparently I thought '.asp' was the right extension for the file I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom