• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Tier III] Elna Tana Gym

1. Luftballon

Banned
Pronoun
it
[SIZE=+1]Elna Tana Gym[/SIZE]

The path to the Elna Tana is harsh, eternally covered with thick snow. It is not so much a city, or even a town, that it leads to, as a destination, site of the Elna Tana Gym, and little else.

Near the peak, the mountain rises just above the clouds. An indistinct image of a glaceon appears, as if to guide the visitor, then vanishes near an cave entrance. The inside is dark, but voices can be heard from its depths.

The leader is rarely seen, even for gym battles, usually represented by its froslass, Echofall. Whether the leader even exists is open to speculation.

Rules

• All gym challenges are conducted as pairs of 6v6 lv100 battles. The number of pokémon left at the end of each battle is compared in case of disagreement between the battles. If equal, the challenger is considered to have won.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, and Sheer Cold are banned.
  • Sleep Clause: The moves Dark Void, Grasswhistle, Hypnosis, Lovely Kiss, Sing, Sleep Powder, and Spore are banned when an opposing pokémon is asleep except by the effect of Rest.
  • Species Clause: A team may only have one of each species of pokémon.
  • Self-KO Decision: In the case that a final pokémon defeats another final pokémon, but faints due to recoil or the effect of Life Orb, the battle is treated as a 1-0 victory for the attacker.
  • On Hacked Pokémon: I don't care what you do to get them, as long as they are legal. I'm not even going to check, as long as everything seems sane.
  • Arbitrary Bans: League ban list, anything with base stat total over 555, anything OU or higher; 5-turn weather moves with extension rocks, ability Cloud Nine.
  • Prefer no Stealth Rock.
  • Wait Time: One week.
  • Generation IV possibly available by DS and by simulator. Generation V available only by simulator.
  • Everything is negotiable, if you make it sound reasonable.

TZ is GMT-5, +DST if applicable. Battle times to be negotiated case-by-case.

I actually prefer to use Shoddy, as sreservoir on Smogon. With Shoddy basically dead, res on either Smogon on my own server is acceptable. In fact, outside of various breaks, that'll likely be the only way.

Victors will be granted the Snowflake Badge.

Victorious Challengers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom