• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[B/W] Trick Room Team

Flygon1

Also known as Hyozanryu
Pronoun
they
When I saw the additions to Trick Room strategy this generation, I had to go change my pants. There were so many new Pokemon to set up and use it, a team was inevitable. I would appreciate advice and criticism.

Reuniclus
Quiet Nature | Magic Guard | Life Orb | 252 HP 252 SpA 4 Def
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Energy Ball/Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
Reuniclus is practically made for Trick Room - horrid speed, amazing special attack, and decent bulk, as well as the Magic Guard/Life Orb combo.

Escavalier
Brave Nature | Swarm | Wide Lens/Liechi Berry | 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Def
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Reversal
Escavalier is often compared to Scizor due to their similar typing and stats. In the field of Trick Room, Escavalier outpaces Scizor due to superior attack and worse speed. I would prefer to use a Liechi Berry (to go with Swarm and Reversal), but it's not legal in Generation V as of yet, so Wide Lens would work to increase Megahorn's mediocre accuracy.

Cofagrigus
Quiet Nature | Mummy | Leftovers | 252 HP 252 SpA 4 SpD
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
Really, I'm unsure about Cofagrigus. But I know that I wanted a more bulky Trick Room user, and while the haunted coffin usually terrifies tomb robbers, it'll be scaring physical sweepers too.

Conkeldurr
Brave Nature | Guts | Leftovers | 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Def
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
No matter how HURR DURR its name is, Conkeldurr's capacity for devastation in Trick Room is undeniable. I'm breaking my rule of "NO STAT MOVES IN TRICK ROOM AAA" with Conkeldurr because it also has Mach Punch to continue sweeping after Trick Room has faded. Although a Guts set with a Flame/Toxic Orb and Facade was tempting, after recalling a mediocre experience with a similar Ursaring set it seemed less appealing.

Musharna
Sassy Nature | Synchronize | Leftovers | 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD
- Yawn
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Recover
A mostly-defensive set to set up Trick Room. Yawn is chosen over Hypnosis because it never misses and also forces switches.

Golurk
Brave Nature | Iron Fist | Life Orb | 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Def
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hammer Arm
A final physical sweeper to finish off the lot. Some comments would be quite appreciated here.

Please note that I'm going to train this team in-game, and that I'm limiting my choices to Unova Pokemon.

Normally to bypass the problem with having two pure psychic pokemon as trick roomers is to use a Bronzong or Metagross (Not sure why you would use the latter, though) Of course, if you're not looking to just use gen five pokemon, you could try Iron Ball Porygon-Z as an interesting alternative.

The two Psychics and the two Ghosts make for dangerous Dark and Ghost weaknesses. Consider giving Golurk or Conk' a Red(?) Herb and Superpower as a counter.

Is Punching Conkledurr really that viable without Iron Fist? Even with Conkledurr's gargantuan ATK, 40 and 75 are low base powers to be working with for STAB. (I haven't been paying too much attention to the fifth gen metagame, so I could be talking out of my butt here.)

I actually decided to switch to the double battle format after training 2/3 of this team. It currently stands at Cofagrigus, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus, and Escavalier. Conkeldurr has been quite effective, even without Iron Fist, but I wouldn't pass up the chance to train one with the DW ability if I obtained one. This team has been fairly effective, even against Dark and Ghost types, so I don't think any changes are needed there. However, I would welcome move suggestions for Escavalier, because (other than Megahorn) she has little in the ways of power.

Replace one of your Trick Roomers with Porygon2 + Eviolite. Put max Sp. Defense and Defense EVs and feed the rest to HP.

Escavalier can get walled sometimes, so give it a Choice Band.

Put on a Pain Split Dusclops + Eviolite. It's a great wall, naturally slow, and can do good damage with Pain Split.

Also, if you want to test this with a special little team of mine, PM me. I'm avaliable most of the time.

That is, if you're ever on at the same time as me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom