• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[CLOSED] Mafia Choice Mafia (Wait, what?)

Pronoun
any
You've had Song Choice Mafia (what like seven times? eight?).
You've had 4 different Fandom Mafias (you kind of get a choice in those).
You've had Kanto Choice Mafia, Sinnoh Choice Mafia (I won this one), Ability Choice Mafia, and Mega Choice Mafia.
You've also had several other ones that I don't feel like typing out.
(You've also had many non-choice mafias. They outnumber the Choice Mafias™.)

But this time....
you are the mafia game.

---​

Mafia Choice Mafia is a different (but not really) kind of Choice Mafia™ game. In this game, instead of choosing your favorite song or some kind of location in the pokemon world, you choose a Mafia Game (capitalized to avoid confusion with the mafia faction, which also exists in this game)! Any Mafia Game. It doesn't have to have "choice" in the title, although it can if you want. However, no doubling up on Mafia Games. If someone already took Fandom Mafia, for instance, you are not allowed to choose that. (I don't care if there's like 4 of them.) Anything else is fair game! There's tons of Mafia Games to choose from. You don't even have to have participated in the one you chose!

In Mafia Choice Mafia, what your role actually does, however, can depend on one or more of the following:
  • What faction won the Mafia Game (if it's completed)
  • What the theme of the Mafia Game is
  • What the roles were in the Mafia Game
  • If the mafia game is a Choice Mafia™ game

Now ideally I would just have a list of defined roles, but there's no fun in that! What is almost definite, however, is the overall ratio of mafia to innocents. Approximately a third of you will be mafia. Of course all of you will be Mafia Games, but only a third of you will be actual mafia. The rest of you are all innocents (mostly)! Also maybe an alien (aliens are fun), but maybe there might not be one! Some of you might have awful puns in your role PMs! Another possible factor to consider is that everyone will have some kind of ability to use (day or night). At least one. Maybe two.

...But definitely at least one ability per person. (Please help me.)

---​

Rules and all the boring junk stuff:
  • When you sign up, please provide a link to the Mafia Game of your choice. (I will only accept Mafia Games that have had a thread created in the Mafia forum.)
  • Flavor text could mean everything or nothing or something!
  • All day/night phases will last 48 hours. (unless I'm preoccupied at the moment, in which case the phase will last a little longer)
  • I don't modkill for inactivity, although I'm not opposed to the idea of you guys lynching people who are inactive.
  • No screenshotting role PMs. (Quoting is ok!)
  • No out of thread communication unless said in your role PM.
  • I'm aiming for like a minimum of 10 people? Hopefully more.
why am i doing this to myself right when i come back

Last edited:
Re: [OPEN] Mafia Choice Mafia (Wait, what?)

omg

Sorry guys but I'm gonna come right out and claim the mother of all mafias, TV Tropes Mafia.

The sheer clusterfuck of 50 players has to result in something interesting, I bet.

Sounds rad; I'm in.

I choose the very bestest mafiya game.

(When you send out role PM's, could you include as many awful puns as you can think of in mine?)

Last edited:

I think I'll take Sprites!Mafia.

apollo-sweats%28d%29.gif

Aw, man! I wanted to take Sprites!Mafia...

I'll take Calvinball Mafia, then.

I know this conflicts with your rules, but will you please allow me to choose Mafia Choice Mafia as my choice of Choice Mafia Game? We can't not do it!

Actually, you can go ahead and have it, I'll take Song Choice Mafia.

I'll update my spreadsheet accordingly and let ILS know.

I know this conflicts with your rules, but will you please allow me to choose Mafia Choice Mafia as my choice of Choice Mafia Game? We can't not do it!

Sure, may as well.

Also you guys should probably hit "join" up at the top, haha.

Back
Top Bottom