• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Rayquaza's spiffy sprites!

Rayquaza

< Made by Fujiwara Yaminichi! Isn't it awes
Well, they're not THAT spiffy, but...

'Kay, so I got tired of constantly posting in the Spriter's Showcase, so I decided to make my own thread and now here we are. :)

Here's some of my stuff:

SPLICES

cubochilz4.png
cubone/jirachi

huntrevileje1.png
huntail/umbreon/weavile

magpuffoj9.png
magmar/jigglypuff

parcadajr1.png
paras/nincada

umbreseonhw6.png
umbreon/espeon

umveeonvy3.png
umbreon/eevee

voltagierhc4.png
voltorb/mismagius/haunter

PALLETS
(mine)

chocolatecherriespalletks9.png
'chocolate cherries'

neonpalletepc8.png
'neon'

ETC.

chaobunearyme2.png
failed chao

blankbattlescreensw4.png
blank battle screen thingy

chimcharwaterii8.png
chimchar water re-type

dragonbadgeqk5.png
fake badge for fake region, steal and I'll destroy you!

Sooo, C and CC please?

FUSIONS

1. Not much fused onto it, and you didn't recolor it at all. If you add maybe his flags and even his hat instead of the skull, and colored it, it might look better. Maaybe fuse on the head, then recolor it to look like a skull...

2. This one looks good. Using weavile was a good idea and helped make it look watery. However, where the tail connects to the body there is a stray line. That and the shading at the base looks off. Did you scratch that? Some of the outlines on Weavile's head thing should technically be darker, but it actually looks good like that in this particular case.

3. It's pretty good, but it ooks more like a jigglypuff with fire hands than a fusion. I see the ears, but that's all you changed. Again, try to add as much stuff as ytou can without cluttering it. I always try to make an even amount of each pokemon. You at least could have put his tail on...

4. This one looks pretty good. But if you look at the back leg (not the claw, the leg), the outline is gray. I'm sure there are other places like it, but that's the most visible. (It's not even that visible to begin with!)

5. I rated this one in the spriters showcase, and you haven't changed it.

6. Looks good, but you should have changed the face or shaved the beard to make it look more umbreon-ish. (Do you have a thing about Umbreon, because this is the third sprite you've used it in...)

7. Very nice, 10/10. Even though I have seen Mismagius/haunter fusued onto a pokemon a few times before, this one is pretty good.

PALATTES

1. Good! You didn't recolor the gem, but I'm rating the palatte, not the recolor. Hmm... Looks good to me!

2. I don't like these kinds of palattes, and it doesn't look very neon to me.

ETC.

1. You said it, failure. The eyes are square. I sometimes just copy and paste the origianal sprite's eys. Big eyes are cute, and chaos are supposed to be cute, right? :3 You need to work on the shading.

2. Not much to rate here...

3. Recolor the red above his eyes to blue, definately. But this is actually a decent retype.

4. Very good! I've not seen anyone else do those. It looks good! You should make some more!

FUSIONS

1. Not much fused onto it, and you didn't recolor it at all. If you add maybe his flags and even his hat instead of the skull, and colored it, it might look better. Maaybe fuse on the head, then recolor it to look like a skull...

2. This one looks good. Using weavile was a good idea and helped make it look watery. However, where the tail connects to the body there is a stray line. That and the shading at the base looks off. Did you scratch that? Some of the outlines on Weavile's head thing should technically be darker, but it actually looks good like that in this particular case.

3. It's pretty good, but it ooks more like a jigglypuff with fire hands than a fusion. I see the ears, but that's all you changed. Again, try to add as much stuff as ytou can without cluttering it. I always try to make an even amount of each pokemon. You at least could have put his tail on...

4. This one looks pretty good. But if you look at the back leg (not the claw, the leg), the outline is gray. I'm sure there are other places like it, but that's the most visible. (It's not even that visible to begin with!)

5. I rated this one in the spriters showcase, and you haven't changed it.

6. Looks good, but you should have changed the face or shaved the beard to make it look more umbreon-ish. (Do you have a thing about Umbreon, because this is the third sprite you've used it in...)

7. Very nice, 10/10. Even though I have seen Mismagius/haunter fusued onto a pokemon a few times before, this one is pretty good.

PALATTES

1. Good! You didn't recolor the gem, but I'm rating the palatte, not the recolor. Hmm... Looks good to me!

2. I don't like these kinds of palattes, and it doesn't look very neon to me.

ETC.

1. You said it, failure. The eyes are square. I sometimes just copy and paste the origianal sprite's eys. Big eyes are cute, and chaos are supposed to be cute, right? :3 You need to work on the shading.

2. Not much to rate here...

3. Recolor the red above his eyes to blue, definately. But this is actually a decent retype.

4. Very good! I've not seen anyone else do those. It looks good! You should make some more!

Thanks for all that! If everybody would critique my sprites like that, it would make me one very happy monkey! :grin:

Just one thing- for the first fusion, I DID recolor it, but I guess it doesn't look like it. Huh.

Oh, I see. Maybe it would look better if you started the tails one shade lower or make one shade higher for the body. Do you get that?

Oh, I see. Maybe it would look better if you started the tails one shade lower or make one shade higher for the body. Do you get that?

Yup! Thanks!

Also, here's my newest sprite. Keep in mind it's a WIP, quite a bit of tinkering will be done!

I now present to you: Screameon, a WIP ghost type eeveelution!

screameonwipbn7.png

It's good as a re-element, but as an evolution, it looks too much like eevee (duh). Make it like base stantler. If you do that, keep the same features. That's some excellent scratch work... If it is scratch work. You should make the smog go behind the ears completely to the head. A few of the outlines on his beard are blue, they should be dark purple. It's hard on him, because it uses that color twice. I don't know how you would do this, but he needs a ghostly face. Again, it looks really good. My favorite sprite of yours so far. But it can always get better!

Kudos on the good name!

...it's just expanding the tail and ears.

I mean, if it were a recolour, it'd be fine, but that is certainly not a ghost type and it's not an evolution of eevee... so, eh.

Last edited:
...it's just expanding the tail and ears.

I mean, if it were a recolour, it'd be fine, but that is certainly not a ghost type and it's not an evolution of eevee... so, eh.

"Keep in mind it's a WIP, quite a bit of tinkering will be done!"

Ohhh. x_x
Well, the colours don't seem that ghostish, tbh. You might want ot change that, but the palette's nice.

Ohhh. x_x
Well, the colours don't seem that ghostish, tbh. You might want ot change that, but the palette's nice.

Perhaps I can use another ghost Pokemon's colors?
And thanks!

EDIT: Another WIP: A Rayquaza/Deoxys splice! I'm trying to figure out a nice color scheme, any ideas?
By the way, the ring pattern thingy on the legs is scratched. Any good? I think the pattern on the left leg (our right)looks wonky, but...
deoxuazave2.png

Sorry about the bump. Here are some thingamajigs:
ipodlucariobs6.png

knightyo1.png

porygonzinvertoo6.png

silverbq9.png

scylladesx8.png

sneasewipnb8.png

The last one is a WIP(I have like what, 3 of those now?). The second one and the fourth one are characters of mine.

Back
Top Bottom