• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2008

Are you taking part this year?

• Total voters
Congrats, Jetx (and everyone else who won: Jetx just happens to be the person I see at the moment). ^.^

Mine ended up at 93 and a quarter pages, and I tabbed instead of double-spacing, except for a break to separate each day. I'm actually really fond of it - in my opinion I managed to churn out a halfway decent novel instead of an all-over crappy one. I will admit that, getting near the end, I was actually further along in my novel than I thought I would be at the beginning (aka I was finishing my novel where I thought I'd be in the first few chapters - but that was before I realized I didn't want to write a bunch of insanely boring and pointless crap that could all be cut out), so to avoid finishing the novel before 50,000 words I ended up making three of the characters start waffling out a detailed account of everything that had happened over the course of the story. It worked, though. I loved writing the last chapter. <3

I really hope I can make 50 k today.
Either way, I'm very glad that this novel is better than my last.
It's nto done yet, though.

Glad to see that more of you were able to finish!

Hm, well, Negrek, I would imagine that's either a difference in word processing software or a difference in settings. I know I hit the enter key twice to start a new paragraph (or more than twice if I needed more visual separation between two parts that are not supposed to be right next to one another), given that the story is destined for the internets anyway and that makes it easier, so that would give me more pages rather than fewer... but yeah, I know the word count thing I was using never gave me the same page count as Word. Even when I tried my best to set it to what I thought Word was using, huh.

also no one here knows me as Malice but whatever

Last edited:
It could also have to do with how long you make paragraphs; if there's a lot of dialogue or something, there would be a lot more breaks for new paragraphs. All depends, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom