• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hey, did any of you notice this?

Vipera Magnifica

Aquatic Artiste
Pronoun
he/him
tumblr_n57ryjxgfm1r30etto1_500.jpg

I dunno, I think Game Freak's definitely hinting at something.

I have a probably unlikely (but still possible) theory. Okay, look at this.

Red, Blue (1st Gen)
Yellow (1st Gen +)
Gold, Silver (2nd Gen)
Crystal (2nd Gen +)
Ruby, Sapphire (3rd Gen)
Emerald ( 3rd Gen +)
Fire Red, Leaf Green (1st Gen RE)
Diamond, Pearl (4th Gen)
Platinum (4th Gen +)
HeartGold, SoulSilver (2nd Gen RE)
Black, White (5th Gen)
B2W2 (5th Gen +)

You can see a pattern. For every generation, there is first: the main two games, then the extra game, then the remakes of the two games from two generations ago. The first two generations did not have these two remakes, because obviously there were no generations before them. So, following this pattern, I believe there may be 3rd Gen remakes before we get the sixth generation. I know, I might be pulling at straws here, but it's logical.

Thoughts?

perhaps they just skipped the cycle in the 5th gen, and are continuing it now?

I dunno. I don't want to get my hopes up too much. If they skipped it in 5th gen it's unlikely they'd do it now. As many people have said, the only reason the first two generations were remade is because you couldn't transfer Pokémon from those games to 3rd gen.

perhaps they just skipped the cycle in the 5th gen, and are continuing it now?

It would make sense! Fifth gen in and of itself seemed to really wanna get back to the basics; only fifth gen Pokemon in (most) of the region in B/W! So if that were the case not having remakes in fifth gen would make a little sense.

iirc HGSS was released on the year when GS turned 10, and ΩRΑS is being released the year when RSE turned 11 (not as precise, but the year RS turned 10 they were releasing XY, so)

I also can't for the life of me remember whether FRLG's release was at a relevant year, but regardless, there's these two.

It would make sense! Fifth gen in and of itself seemed to really wanna get back to the basics; only fifth gen Pokemon in (most) of the region in B/W! So if that were the case not having remakes in fifth gen would make a little sense.

The opposite also makes sense. Release games that only contain the newer Pokémon and then release more games in the same generation that contain different Pokémon. Although that strategy would be more effective if bank weren't out yet. I remember being excited about being able to get some Kanto Pokémon from Colosseum before I for FireRed.

Also clearly the next games to come out will be BlazeFireRed and ForestLeafGreen

Back
Top Bottom