• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

why not fire blast? you buy it somewhere

I'm not so sure about Superbird, but I try to avoid Fire Blast and the like because of the low accuracy. It isn't abysmal or anything, but I've had them fail on me at the worst places possible because of the low accuracy. I only used Fire Blast recently in Platinum because I had a lens item (errr...Wide? whatever one that just boosts the accuracy) and Thunder in White because of Compound Eyes Galvantula. Generally, it's safer to go with Flamethrower, and at this point in the game and with the Pokemon in question you really aren't missing out on much anyways.

So I went and beat the E4 and Alder yesterday! The Hall of Fame is really nice in this one, with the cool effects in the background and the possible shout out to R/B's title screen after all of the Pokemon get noted. In fact, I'd say it's probably tied or just below HG/SS's as my favorite HoF in the games. But for the version of the song that is played, HG/SS definitely wins there.

Also, I decided to go ahead and battle Morimoto. He was actually tougher than I was expecting, although I think I was also holding the idiot ball at the time. Still beat him, but didn't expect to be pushed into that corner. Then I sat there and listened to the Rocket Encounter theme for several minutes because it's a nice song. I think today I may go after Cynthia, or perhaps just train up on the Elite 4 till I think I'm safe against her.

I'm not so sure about Superbird, but I try to avoid Fire Blast and the like because of the low accuracy. It isn't abysmal or anything, but I've had them fail on me at the worst places possible because of the low accuracy. I only used Fire Blast recently in Platinum because I had a lens item (errr...Wide? whatever one that just boosts the accuracy) and Thunder in White because of Compound Eyes Galvantula. Generally, it's safer to go with Flamethrower, and at this point in the game and with the Pokemon in question you really aren't missing out on much anyways.
Oh, I agree. It's just that iirc you get Flamethrower in the land of infinite vulpix.

So I defeated Ghetsis (I say Ghestis) and found his Hydreigon pathetic this tiem round.

Battle Record:

Ghetsis sends out Hydreigon

Miranda sends out Richard (cinccino w/Technician)

Hydreigon uses Focus Blast, it misses.

Richard uses Wake-Up Slap
Hydreigon @ half health

Hydreigon uses Focus blast, missed again...

Richard uses wake up slap, Hydreigon fainted.

Richard lolz uncontrollably that he, a lv 50 Cinccino defeated a lv 54 Hydreigon, unscathed.

I need a good training spot to grind. I've been frequently training at the sports domes, though after I defeat every trainerI have to wait for a bit. >.< My Pokemon are at the levels of 67-68. So, any advice would be nice! ^^

I need a good training spot to grind. I've been frequently training at the sports domes, though after I defeat every trainerI have to wait for a bit. >.< My Pokemon are at the levels of 67-68. So, any advice would be nice! ^^
Audino hunting in the Great Chasm. With the Lucky Egg, you can gain about 4000-5000 experience per fight. That's how I got all my team to level 70+.

Currently grinding for Elesa.

dewott
[Sleuth] Lv. 24

zorua
[ゲンキシ] Lv. 24

whimsicott
[Jade] Lv. 26

scraggy
[Dave] Lv. 27

emolga
[Tavros] Lv. 25

I just finished training ateam of pokemon to level 55 for my friend. All were at about 35-40 ish. one was raised to 64. (stupid hydreigon.) I am now mad at said friend because he refuses to give my darkrai back till thursday.

real reason I'm posting is this- Said friend has gotten about 5 critical captures. Tell me, is this rare? or am I just incredibly unlucky for only having one?

New Game +

40px-Trio_Badge.png
40px-Basic_Badge.png
40px-Insect_Badge.png
40px-Bolt_Badge.png
40px-Quake_Badge.png

Deino
Lv31/Sassy/Hustle @ Lucky Egg
Crunch/Headbutt/Dragon Rage/Roar

Simisage
Lv31/Quiet/Gluttony @ none
Acrobatics/Work Up/Seed Bomb/Leech Seed

Stoutland
Lv32/Hasty/Sand Rush @ none
Crunch/Work Up/Retaliate/Odor Sleuth
Tirtouga
Lv35/Brave/Sturdy @ Exp. Share
Aqua Jet/Curse/Smack Down/Wide Guard

I'm still shocked at how many extra items I've found on my second playthrough that people just give me.
That and all the traveling Pokémon Centers make the game unfortunately easy compared to its predecessors on an overall scale.
Though, I will say the music staff definitely amped it up. Team Plasma's battle theme is quite possibly my favorite from all five generations.
The story and the characters were surprisingly engaging as well, despite 13 years of what is essentially the same premise.

I just finished training ateam of pokemon to level 55 for my friend. All were at about 35-40 ish. one was raised to 64. (stupid hydreigon.) I am now mad at said friend because he refuses to give my darkrai back till thursday.

real reason I'm posting is this- Said friend has gotten about 5 critical captures. Tell me, is this rare? or am I just incredibly unlucky for only having one?

I've had two. One on the main dragon legandary (I forgot his name. DX) and one on my new shiny mamoswine. ^^

I am getting withdrawls from this game, guys. I've had my game sent over to my boyfriend's brother's friend to get Victini and I am getting it back on friday. I miss my game already. DX

fire blast is the best of the base 120 elemental moves, because its accuracy is 85 instead of 70 with weather shenanigans. this comes out to an ABP 102, which is actually better than flamethrower's 95.

practically, of course, the differences between 85, 70 and 99 are all basically negligible. if there's a chance that you'll miss, you just have to prepare for that chance, however small.

Beat the main game a couple of days ago. Didn't have too much trouble, although Hydreigon pissed me off a bit. My Scolipede's megahorn kept frigging missing and it knocked her out with fire blast. And when I sent out my Stoutland to stall while I revived her, FOCUS BLAST URGH. But its luck ran out in the end when its fire blasts started missing and I killed it with two x-scissors. SO. (no, I didn't use guides.)

Serperior Level 58
Golurk level 57
Stoutland level 55
Scolipede level 58
Seismitoad level 60

God, no kidding about the post game difficulty spike. Just doing some level grinding right now. As much as I wanted to stick with my favourites, Krookodile was kinda irritating me with its redundancy, so I'm looking for something to replace him with. Plus, there's a lot of Pokémon I like this generation, so yeah.... I want to at least try out a few more favourites.

Um, I'm guessing you need to beat the elite four and champion again to actually get the hall of fame?

RunsWithScizor said:
Though, I will say the music staff definitely amped it up. Team Plasma's battle theme is quite possibly my favorite from all five generations.
Agreed. It's just so devious!

Last edited:

Is it just me who found the last gym... ridiculously easy?

my team:
SamurottLilligantMienfooGalvantulaLampentRufflet

New Game +
2nd Update

40px-Trio_Badge.png
40px-Basic_Badge.png
40px-Insect_Badge.png
40px-Bolt_Badge.png
40px-Quake_Badge.png
40px-Jet_Badge.png

DEINO
Lv40/Sassy/Hustle @ Lucky Egg
Crunch/Work Up/Dragon Pulse/Strength

SIMISAGE
Lv40/Quiet/Gluttony @ none
Acrobatics/Work Up/Seed Bomb/Leech Seed

STOUTLAND
Lv40/Hasty/Sand Rush @ Exp. Share
Crunch/Work Up/Retaliate/Odor Sleuth
LAMPENT
Lv41/Naughty/Flame Body @ Lucky Egg
Hex/Night Shade/Flame Burst/Will-o-Wisp

CARRACOSTA
Lv41/Brave/Sturdy @ Amulet Coin
Aqua Jet/Curse/Smack Down/Wide Guard

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the team.
I expect Deino to get even better once it evolves. Its defenses could use some work, and the abundance of Fighting and Ice types makes it hard to train right now.
Simisage is surprisingly versatile with Acrobatics. I only wish it had an ATT-oriented nature instead of Sp.ATT.
Stoutland is Stoutland. Solid attacker, though his definitive uses are really few and far between. Also suffers the same current problem as Deino with the Fighting types.
Lampent came into her own very quickly with Hex and Flame Burst. Also fills the gaping hole that was my weakness to Fighting types nicely.
Carracosta is amazing. Quite possibly my favorite fossil pokémon to date. Incredible ATT and DEF, plus a priority move. Good for closing out trainer battles.
I was also considering adding a Tynamo I caught in the Chargestone Cave to round the team off. Thoughts? Or maybe a Stunfisk?

TYNAMO
Add me?
STUNFISK
Or me?​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom