• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The world ends on Saturday

But then we won't be able to hear the new Lady Gaga album! D:

But seriously, the gay pride movement is a sign of the end? I thought it was a sign of progress...

Oh lol, it's that crazy dude who's already been wrong once.

The fact that I've actually seen billboards for this shit is kind of worrisome.

EDIT:

"So too is the gay pride movement. It was sent by God as a sign of the end."

GAY PEOPLE: HARBINGERS OF THE APOCALYPSE

I'll tell you what it means. It means my birthday is ruined.

I'll tell you what it means. It means my birthday is ruined.

Well, we'll be sure to celebrate on Friday instead? It should be pretty epic then... It will be the end of the world party and Ruby's birthday... not that the two events are related. :sweatdrop:

I've had two religious groups knocking on my door and trying to convert us already. :(

"So too is the gay pride movement. It was sent by God as a sign of the end."

Wait if God sent the gay pride movement, does it mean that God approves of the gay pride movement???

I approve of the above interpretation.

When people become accepting of the gays, the world will end.
This means gay people have about a week to enjoy their pride.
Dammit, God, you little tricker you!

So on Friday we need to make a "The World is Ending/Ruby's Birthday/Gay Pride Party" so we can go out in style.

He says the world will end on 21 May, because that will be 722,500 days from 1 April AD33, which he believes was the day of the Crucifixion. The figure of 722,500 is important because you get it by multiplying three holy numbers (five, 10 and 17) together twice.

How arbitrary can this possibly be? I don't care what the significance of those three numbers are; if they're so biblically significant, then why didn't the world end 850 days (what you get when you multiply those three number together once) after the Crucifixion?

And what determines that the multiplication of those numbers is what gives you the doomsday date? Why not the addition, the subtraction, the natural log of the sum of those numbers times 5? So, so arbitrary, and people honestly believe these little patterns?

Really. I wish people would think logically, instead of picking up random little details that are mildly coincidental and going OMG WOW THE WORLD'S GOING TO END BECAUSE THIS NUMBER EQUALS THAT NUMBER TIMES THE NUMBER'S FRIEND DIVIDED BY RELIGION.

Last edited:
Screw the end of the world. I'm going to a certain event about a week after this is supposedly going to happen, and I will be VERY VERY ANGRY if I am denied this event.

All joking aside, I find it both extremely hilarious and scary that there are actually billboards for this.

can we do some extra gay-ing so the world ends on friday and I don't have to hand in my essay?

Back
Top Bottom