• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fandom Mafia Episode VII: The Fandom Awakens

When the townspeople awoke the next morning, they soon became aware of a most unsettling fact. A death had occurred in their small town.

The people became aware of this when they noticed a terrible smell coming from one of the houses in the town's more upmarket neighborhood. After searching this house the townspeople found the corpse of... Nobody.

The people mourned Odysseus' passing, but he had lived a long and full life, and merely died of old age.

No one has died.
48 hours for discussion.

...So we have no deaths two nights in a row. I'm kind of wondering if we have a really lucky healer or something. In that case, thank you healer person for keeping us alive :v

(I really don't have anything else to contribute and I won't do any character claiming unless someone actually wants to do that, so.)

Poor, poor Odysseus.

I honestly have never heard of a mafia game in which everybody lasted this long. What are the common possibilities for such a situation — inactive mafia, lucky healer, alien, bulletproof? Anything else?

We might also have a good roleblocker on our hands. The activated alien theory is seeming pretty probable at the moment, though, so I'm pretty wary on lynching anyone right now.

Also, so far the only people who haven't actually posted are Lilycolo and hopeandjoy.

Yeah, I'm not so sure that a healer could get so lucky twice - I guess a roleblocker could have (see: that old warrior cats mafia game I ran where VM broke it by continually roleblocking the person who was Mafia don), but without any further information we can't know for sure. >:/

For the record, that was the best morning flavour I've ever seen.

I'm not sure if the lack of deaths is good or bad? A stalemate is no closer to victory for either side, and that doesn't make for a very good mafia game. I'm afraid if something doesn't come up soon, we might have to resort to random lynching. ಥ‿ಥ

huh. Maybe the mafia doesn't have a kill action? Maybe we've got an arsonist/cult going on?

If there was a role list posted and I just suck ignore this and make fun of me

Well.

I'm a jailer, and I've jailed Altissimo the past two nights. Given the lack of deaths, I think this strongly suggests Altissimo is likely to be mafia.

The other possibility is that the mafia targeted Altissimo N0 and then targeted her again in case of alien activation, but still, it's not a bad lead and probably the best we have.

Well, with every passing day that no one dies, the Inspector gets more time to find the rest of the mafia.

...which I've already found, by the way. Metallica Fanboy, according to inspection, is mafia, so we should vote that tomorrow (which I'm saying now in case I don't live through the night. Let's take care of Altissimo now, and him next.

I'm not sure if the lack of deaths is good or bad? A stalemate is no closer to victory for either side, and that doesn't make for a very good mafia game. I'm afraid if something doesn't come up soon, we might have to resort to random lynching. ಥ‿ಥ
A lack of night deaths is pro-town, since it means town is keeping their ranks. It's not a stalemate by any means, specially if we have inforoles who are benefitting from the gained time. I'm not sure what gets people here under the impression that deaths are the main source of information... Someone dying on N0 would have gotten us no closer to figuring out who the mafiosi are, most likely.

Anyways, Altissimo is a sufficiently likely lynch.

Who invited Greninja to this party?

Anyways, I have not much but my word to prove it, but I'm innocent (and not a miller, as far as I can tell). Moreover, I find it somewhat difficult to take at face value that Superbird is just throwing an inspection result out there casually while not even voting on it, where it would've been a more certain lynch than Altissimo currently is. I'd almost have considered it a ploy to shift the vote away from Altissimo, if he'd even bothered to, well, shift the vote, although he might be trying to earn innocence brownie points by bussing her first. I'm not sure what to make of that transparently false claim, but, for now, I may as well change my vote to Superbird as he's clearly behaving suspiciously, and then later figure out what this might mean with regards to Altissimo's alignment.

Shit, everything totally went down quick.

Uh, I feel like Butterfree is the most convincingly onto something here with Altissimo. Superbird and MF, in my opinion, are making themselves and each other pretty big targets for mafia/vigilante so if one of them dies overnight and flips innocent, we can be confident the other's likely mafia, right? And if one dies and flips mafia, it makes the odds pretty good that the other's innocent (although the possibility of mafia teaming up to sacrifice one of their own to make the other seem innocent can't be discounted). So I'd rather wait on the two of them to see if night deaths clarify the matter.

Well.

I'm a jailer, and I've jailed Altissimo the past two nights. Given the lack of deaths, I think this strongly suggests Altissimo is likely to be mafia.

The only other possibility I can think of is that Altissimo might not have a night action. I don't have a night action, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were one or two others without one either.

I'm still gonna vote Altissimo, though, unless she speaks up and gives me a good reason to change my vote.

Who invited Greninja to this party?

Anyways, I have not much but my word to prove it, but I'm innocent (and not a miller, as far as I can tell). Moreover, I find it somewhat difficult to take at face value that Superbird is just throwing an inspection result out there casually while not even voting on it, where it would've been a more certain lynch than Altissimo currently is. I'd almost have considered it a ploy to shift the vote away from Altissimo, if he'd even bothered to, well, shift the vote, although he might be trying to earn innocence brownie points by bussing her first. I'm not sure what to make of that transparently false claim, but, for now, I may as well change my vote to Superbird as he's clearly behaving suspiciously, and then later figure out what this might mean with regards to Altissimo's alignment.

I would speak to the contrary. We've all agreed that Alti is probably mafia by now, so why not get that out of the way? Me revealing my inspection result can direct several night actions - our jailkeeper/roleblocker can target you, healer gets me, and I continue searching in relative safety, essentially because it's guaranteed right now that our healer is not dead, and the mafia does not know who they are, on the chance that you're mafia and not the don. And if I do die tonight due to the mafia, I'll have at least disclosed a useful inspection result and effectively brought us down to only one mafia (this is assuming the likely Altissimo is Mafia) - it's terrible for the town when the inspector dies, and it's terrible for the inspector when they die before they can tell the town that they found a mafia. Disclosing now, as I see it, is the best balance of intelligence and safety, and opens up the possibility for the mafia and the healer to play mindgames and thus gives me a very high chance of living another night.

The only other possibility I can think of is that Altissimo might not have a night action. I don't have a night action, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were one or two others without one either.

Well, yeah, or Altissimo has some innocuous night action that doesn't affect anything, but both of those possibilities would require the mafia to purely by coincidence happen not to manage to kill anyone for the two nights in a row that I happen to be blocking Altissimo, which is generally unlikely. However, since jailing protects as well as blocking, and the mafia is likely to target somebody they failed to kill again in case of alien activation, it's about equally likely (disclaimer: I haven't done any probability calculations on this) that I happened upon a mafia member on the first night and that the mafia happened upon the same innocent on the first night as I did, hence why I specifically brought that up as another possibility.

I say we kill Altissimo, then go for Metallica Fanboy unless some new information arises, then if Metallica Fanboy turns up innocent we go for Superbird. If Superbird's claim is real we definitely don't want to kill Superbird.

If Altissimo does turn up innocent, though, I'd consider that mild evidence against Superbird, because I agree that a genuine inspector going "I inspected this person as mafia, but nah, let's kill this other person with weaker evidence against them first" is pretty odd. Meanwhile, for a mafia member making a phony inspector claim, encouraging an in-progress bandwagon against an innocent first is just a simple ploy to stay alive longer before their claim is falsified.

Well this is an interesting turn of events, did not expect to wake up to this

I am not mafia but really, who's gonna believe me at this point anyway? Altissimo

This makes me fear activated alien so I retract my vote. Assuming Butterfree's telling the truth, I don't know how she would be activated, but self-votes still always frighten me.

To expand a bit: Butterfree, you say you're jailkeeper, not just roleblocker. Is it not possible, then, that Mafia twice targeted me (I do know from experience in lots of Mafia games that sometimes they'll do that if the first kill fails)? Of course the kill wouldn't have gone through because they twice targeted me. I admit that this is far, far less likely a proposition than my being the Mafia don myself, of course - I just wanted to share this possibility.

Furthermore, the fact that everyone immediately jumped on the bandwagon of lynching me - based on a single roleclaim by Butterfree - is a tad suspect. I know roleclaims have become far more common in previous Mafia games hosted here, but nonetheless - "I'm jailkeeper and I twice blocked Altissimo" isn't exactly a difficult thing to say. If I wanted to, I could claim right now that no, Butterfree's lying, I'm the jailkeeper and I twice blocked her, so that's a bit suspect - but who would believe me, because of course it would be a defensive post. But what if I had claimed that same thing far earlier in the game? Then Butterfree's post would have appeared the suspect one, even if she was, in fact, jailkeeper.

I'm not claiming to be jailkeeper. I'd prefer to hold off on roleclaiming for now, at least until people talk a little bit more with me and I can see if there's any way to get the (unwarranted) suspicion off my back. :///

Back
Top Bottom