• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Buttons

Could you be more specific? Which buttons are you talking about, and what happens when you try to use them?

Any of the ones in the post screen, including smilies, bold underline and italic, link and image. The only ones that work are the ones that are the font and size buttons, and any button other than anything I listed above.

Hmm, they're all working fine for me. When you say they don't work, do you mean you click on them and nothing happens? Or do the buttons get highlighted, but when you type in the text box the text isn't correctly bolded/italicized/whatever?

Hmm, they're all working fine for me. When you say they don't work, do you mean you click on them and nothing happens?

When I click any of them (the ones to post), I click them and they don't do anything. the won't even be highlighted like most buttons!

Hmm, that's very strange. At a guess it's some sort of weird plugin incomatibility. What browser are you using?

Firefox ought to work fine; it's what I use. Do you use NoScript or any other plugins that might mess with JavaScript functionality?

At a guess that's what's causing the problem, yeah. You should be able to whitelist some websites or specific scripts on particular websites, but unfortunately I don't use that one myself so I don't know how off the top of my head. You can try temporarily disabling it and see if that gets rid of the problem.

You should have a NoScript icon near the top of your screen; if you click or right-click that, it should give you some options like "Allow scripts from forums.dragonflycave.com". If you click that, it should work.

Back
Top Bottom