• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

And now for some good news

Abwayax

Wake me up before you Gogoat
Pronoun
he
So yeah I posted that bitchy rant yesterday titled "and I was having a good day until..." and this is exactly why I was having a good day :)

Firstly, I've been in the running for an internship job for about a week now. It's with this company, who've just opened up an office nearby. They do all sorts of software development, but the interview was mostly about web development using PHP (I'm neither a fanatic nor a hater of PHP; there's obviously some things wrong with it, but shit if I'm being paid to use it I might as well). I'll start Monday at a rate of $10/hour. I'll have to fill out paperworks and set up my workstation (I told them I prefer Ubuntu Linux) so I'm quite happy about that.

Secondly, my dad tells me that he might become the head of the San Antonio chapter of Drinking Liberally, a liberal drinking group. He's fanatically liberal; every conversation I have with him eventually turns to politics. Even if I ask him a question like "why is the sky blue" he manages to turn it into some political rant. Which is alright with me, I like talking politics with him. He's a cool guy, I think y'all would like him. Anyway, he said he might drive the chapter towards doing some activism. He talked about this one time some guy somewhere else heard a conservative radio talk show host talk about "killing fags" and this guy told this talk show's advertisers that they were helping support bigotry and this conservative lost his advertisers and got fired because he wasn't pulling in the ad dough. That's the sort of stuff my dad says he wants to do, and I think it's all good.

Well I was gonna comment in the TRs thread but since I'm here I might as well. INTENSE JEALOUSY AT YOUR COOL JOB + cool dad, neither of which I have. 10$/hour is a pretty neat salary, especially since you're starting out in the job.
Congrats to your dad for the opportunity, and best of luck on becoming head of the group. Incidentally I love puns so Drinking Liberally made me giggle :v

Back
Top Bottom