• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

I'm not waiting until my tournament battle is over to do this, dammit >:(

Format: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. ... vs. 1
Style: Set
DQ: a really long time
Damage Cap: none
Banned/Restricted Moves: none
Arena Description: A ball pit made for mini bugs. Could this bee more adorable?
Additional Rules: The only allowed Pokémon are Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Kricketot, Combee, Scatterbug, and any other baby bug I may have missed. (EDIT by Zhorken: You missed Burmy you are the WORST.) Big cocoons are NOT allowed in the baby playground. >:( Each Pokémon starts with 30% health and energy (this is flexible; if people want a different amount, let's go for it!). Up to 16 people may join this battle (lmao) and I am totally willing to lower the health and energy amounts if a lot of people actually join to make this manageable for the ref. Commands will be sent in by PM, and the ref has as long as they need to post reffings. The ref is free to choose a reasonable DQ time for all other participants.

(poll for the masses: should Magikarp, Tynamo, etc. also be allowed? I can't decide.)
Hey look, I have one too!

Challenge for Sylph.

Format: 2v2 Doubles
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, perish song, destiny bond, pain split, attract

Arena Description: The Ruins of Asber

The battle takes place on the same street as the Pokemon Registration Office and the Fourth United Bank of TCoD, both now just rubble and shattered glass, destroyed by two particularly massive meteors that even now have the warm green glow of draconic energy. It might be speculated that these buildings, once core facilities of the League and symbols of Asber's wealth and power, weren't struck by the meteors by mere chance, but instead the meteors had been precisely aimed by psychic power. Or perhaps they had been direct targets of the initial onslaught in the first place. It's impossible to know.

What is clear, however, is that this was once the heart of Asber, and that it has been destroyed beyond repair.

It would seem that clearing out the rubble from the ruins of the downtown area was not a priority. Instead the old buildings were just sectioned off, with visits still permitted, but now unusable for League purposes. With the move to entirely online banking and pokemon registration, those buildings aren't necessary any more, anyway.

The dust has long since settled, but the buildings are now mostly destroyed, and there are craters along the road. Rubble has fallen even onto the cracked roads and sidewalks, making them nigh impassable, but fortunately, with the effort of over a hundred pokemon, a large part of the road has been cleared.

The sky is full of ominous clouds and rainwater has gathered in every crater and crevice left by the battle. Weeds have taken root and sprouted out of cracks in the road, and vines have started to climb over the buildings. Occasionally, an abandoned pokemon from trainers who never returned might poke its head over the rubble.

You're on!
Bam

Challenge for Sylph.

Format: 2v2 Doubles
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, perish song, destiny bond, pain split, attract

Arena Description: The Ruins of Asber

The battle takes place on the same street as the Pokemon Registration Office and the Fourth United Bank of TCoD, both now just rubble and shattered glass, destroyed by two particularly massive meteors that even now have the warm green glow of draconic energy. It might be speculated that these buildings, once core facilities of the League and symbols of Asber's wealth and power, weren't struck by the meteors by mere chance, but instead the meteors had been precisely aimed by psychic power. Or perhaps they had been direct targets of the initial onslaught in the first place. It's impossible to know.

What is clear, however, is that this was once the heart of Asber, and that it has been destroyed beyond repair.

It would seem that clearing out the rubble from the ruins of the downtown area was not a priority. Instead the old buildings were just sectioned off, with visits still permitted, but now unusable for League purposes. With the move to entirely online banking and pokemon registration, those buildings aren't necessary any more, anyway.

The dust has long since settled, but the buildings are now mostly destroyed, and there are craters along the road. Rubble has fallen even onto the cracked roads and sidewalks, making them nigh impassable, but fortunately, with the effort of over a hundred pokemon, a large part of the road has been cleared.

The sky is full of ominous clouds and rainwater has gathered in every crater and crevice left by the battle. Weeds have taken root and sprouted out of cracks in the road, and vines have started to climb over the buildings. Occasionally, an abandoned pokemon from trainers who never returned might poke its head over the rubble.

You're on!
Bam

I will ref!

Additional Rules: The only allowed Pokémon are Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Kricketot, Combee, Scatterbug, and any other baby bug I may have missed. (EDIT by Zhorken: You missed Burmy you are the WORST.) Big cocoons are NOT allowed in the baby playground. >:( Each Pokémon starts with 30% health and energy (this is flexible; if people want a different amount, let's go for it!). Up to 16 people may join this battle (lmao) and I am totally willing to lower the health and energy amounts if a lot of people actually join to make this manageable for the ref. Commands will be sent in by PM, and the ref has as long as they need to post reffings. The ref is free to choose a reasonable DQ time for all other participants.

(poll for the masses: should Magikarp, Tynamo, etc. also be allowed? I can't decide.)

May I join? My bug likes warm hugs and would love to play with everyone.

Last edited:

I'll enter if Joltik can be used. Otherwise I'm out.
EDIT: Actually I wanted to buy a Weedle anyway so if I can't use Joltik I'll use that
profiles: Joltik or Weedle

I'll enter if Joltik can be used. Otherwise I'm out.
EDIT: Actually I wanted to buy a Weedle anyway so if I can't use Joltik I'll use that

Sorry, this is a playground for baby bugs with nearly non-existent movepools only. Weedle is welcome, though!

When would be a good time to say I'll ref the bug fight? I wanna leave it open for more people, but I am so up for reffing bug bite ~ bug bite ~ bug bite ad nauseam.

Hold up, Weedle can learn Electroweb? When did this happen?

Also I think the effect/flavor text would be amazing if everyone used String Shot at the same time

When would be a good time to say I'll ref the bug fight? I wanna leave it open for more people, but I am so up for reffing bug bite ~ bug bite ~ bug bite ad nauseam.

SEE SANGFROIDISH, YOU TOLD ME NOBODY WOULD EVER REF THIS

THIS IS THE SECOND OFFER I'VE GOTTEN

(poll for the masses: should Magikarp, Tynamo, etc. also be allowed? I can't decide.) others are forbidden from entering the baby bug playground

I have a Sewaddle. If it's eligible, I'll join!

EDIT: As a secondary I also have a Combee.

Last edited:

(poll for the masses: should Magikarp, Tynamo, etc. also be allowed? I can't decide.) others are forbidden from entering the baby bug playground

Zhorken will be reffing, and they added some more rules:

• When you accept this, link to your chosen Pokémon's profile
  • It doesn't need to be in your active squad
  • If this does stay Bug-only, Flying should be neutral against Bug so that Combee is fair
  • You have one week to send in commands, but rather than getting disqualified, you just don't get to do anything for the round
  • It won't count towards win/loss records (once those are actually a thing)
  • I'm not sure about prizes. Obviously the winner shouldn't get a zillion dollars, and given that it's probably going to be hard to actually strategize I'm probably just going to say that everyone who participates gets to fully evolve.

Current Participants:

1. Eifie and Vermiculate Monsoon
  2. blazheirio889 and BEES
  3. I liek Squirtles and Deedle Deedle Whoop
  4. Totodile and Garchomp
  5. Noctowl and Olaf
  6. Dar and Envy
  7. YOU?!

Would Scyther be able to take part ?

Edit: i'll join this with Caterpie

Last edited:
Would Scyther be able to take part ?

Nope, it has actual moves. The list in my original post is complete now, so no other Pokémon can take part.

I should probably edit it to make that clear, but I like Zhorken's Burmy edit... :(

Additional Rules:

• The only allowed Pokémon are Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Kricketot, Combee, Burmy, and Scatterbug. (EDIT by Zhorken: You missed Burmy you are the WORST.) Big cocoons are NOT allowed in the baby playground. >:(
  • Each Pokémon starts with 30% health and energy (this is flexible; if people want a different amount, let's go for it!).
  • Up to 16 people may join this battle (lmao) and I am totally willing to lower the health and energy amounts if a lot of people actually join to make this manageable for the ref.
  • Commands will be sent in by PM, and the ref has as long as they need to post reffings. The ref is free to choose a reasonable DQ time for all other participants.

• If this does stay Bug-only, Flying should be neutral against Bug so that Combee is fair
  • You have one week to send in commands, but rather than getting disqualified, you just don't get to do anything for the round
  • I'm not sure about prizes. Obviously the winner shouldn't get a zillion dollars, and given that it's probably going to be hard to actually strategize I'm probably just going to say that everyone who participates gets to fully evolve.

shrug

Multiple refs could share the workload if they're up for that. It's probably a necessary idea in general.

Additional Rules:

• The only allowed Pokémon are Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Kricketot, Combee, Burmy, and Scatterbug. (EDIT by Zhorken: You missed Burmy you are the WORST.) Big cocoons are NOT allowed in the baby playground. >:(
  • Each Pokémon starts with 30% health and energy (this is flexible; if people want a different amount, let's go for it!).
  • Up to 16 people may join this battle (lmao) and I am totally willing to lower the health and energy amounts if a lot of people actually join to make this manageable for the ref.
  • Commands will be sent in by PM, and the ref has as long as they need to post reffings. The ref is free to choose a reasonable DQ time for all other participants.

Current Participants:

1. Eifie and Vermiculate Monsoon
  2. blazheirio889 and BEES
  3. I liek Squirtles and Deedle Deedle Whoop
  4. Totodile and Garchomp
  5. Noctowl and Olaf
  6. Dar and Envy
  7. RespectTheBlade and Aldrin
  8. YOU?!

Scatterbug for the win!

Format: 2v2, Single
Style: Switch
DQ: Two Weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO Moves, Direct Recovery Moves(Roost, Recover, Rest etc.), Chills 3 per Pokemon
Arena Description: Arcadian Valley

A large grassy plain at the bottom of a humongous valley. One can see the sun peek through from beyond the hills. A small stream runs through the center of the valley, dividing the area into rough halves. Both combatants begin on the leftmost half- but, if maneuverability permits it, they could end up in, beside or above the river.

Back
Top Bottom