• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Third-Party Party Mafia - Game Thread

:grin: Stryke can talk with me privately now. Is there anyone in particular that you guys would like for me to open comms with tonight? Town-implied players would be better targets, so I'll have a good idea of the alignment of the player I'm talking to, but I'm open to ideas.

:grin: Stryke can talk with me privately now. Is there anyone in particular that you guys would like for me to open comms with tonight? Town-implied players would be better targets, so I'll have a good idea of the alignment of the player I'm talking to, but I'm open to ideas.

Can confirm this

Well, that rules out a theory I had.

My theory was that Gzhoom was jailed last night. I was blocked from healing him. So, that means...

1. Either Gzhoom really did get jailed and is for some reason lying to us, or

2. I got roleblocked last night.

(sorry about the doublepost but I meant that Gzhoom is lying and somehow got Stryke into it. But I think that the simplest conclusion is the most likely so i probably just got roleblocked.)

Huh. Not often you get a doctor that knows when they're blocked. I guess at least we know that the blocker (a blocker? multiple blockers/jailers? :/) is still running around somewhere.

So, uh, I got a bulletproof vest last night???

So that might be what stopped a murder yesterday, assuming someone else also obtained one. (That being said, that person...proooobably won't out themselves, hehe)

I was notified that my heal did not go through and that, if I choose, I can heal Gzhoom again.

(Sorry for not posting last phase, been busy w/ semester start + not having information)

Depending on how RP was relayed that his action didn't work, it might also imply that his action was redirected to someone he'd already healed.

NINJA EDIT:
Going by what RP said, yeah, I got a hunch that that was the result of some sort of redirection.

Mmm, I dunno, without the exact wording a straight block or redirect to invalid target sound about equally likely to me. One way or another, the block/redirect player isn't sounding very Town-aligned.

...which probably means they're not liable to claim, ugh (although it's good RedneckPhoenix's shot wasn't used up.) I guess Gzhoom could also have been protected but not roleblocked, like a jailor without the roleblocking? I guess that's kind of a farfetched role, though.

It seems like this is going to be another no-evidence day, so in the interest of not letting the thread fall into inactivity/getting a better handle on what people think of the game... who does everyone think would be the most "town-implied" target for Gzhoom tonight? (He doesn't have to follow this, of course, I kind of just want to see where other people's heads are at if they answer.) Or in more general terms, going off what's in the thread, who do you think seems the most or the least towny and why?

I’m personally looking at RedneckPhoenix for most likely Townie. Town Healer seems like a pretty risky claim for someone Mafia, and I also find it unlikely that MF would’ve given a Mafia member the win condition of people not dying consecutively.

As a side note, I am a little suspicious of the fact that RedneckPhoenix’s win condition is no one dying and the Mafia have somehow been unable to kill anyone recently, but that could just as easily be a lucky role blocker or healer as it is RedneckPhoenix being Mafia and getting his Mafia friends to not kill each night.

I can't say I have much of a read on anyone playstyle-wise. Gzhoom's the one I most comfortable believing is town, not that that helps him much. RedneckPhoenix... I dunno, it seems a little weird that a doctor would claim so early and totally unprompted (especially after we might've lost an inforole... although I guess, if RP can be notified when his non-info action has failed, it's possible that the same was true for sanderidge), but he hasn't been counterclaimed yet and I guess that, if he isn't actually the doctor, he could be another townie making some kind of gambit or something. I'm more on the fence about him, but at the moment it balances out to the same as the I-don't-have-any-opinion-at-all read I have on everyone else.

Oops, sorry, I hadn't logged in and seen the thread until now.

I actually have potentially useful information! It either implicates Keldeo or suggests that there could be a night-action-scrambler in our midst.

Context: I'm a town-aligned "Roleblocker Who Needs to Feel Special", and my win condition is to have targeted five different players with my power by the end of the game. On Night 0 I didn't use it because I didn't want to muck things up for town and I thought it was reasonably likely we might go enough nights for me to be able to afford to abstain once; on Night 1 I used it on Flora; and on Night 2 (last night) I used it on Keldeo.

Since I roleblocked Keldeo and there was no death, the obvious conclusion is that she's the primary scum who's doing the killing. Alternatively, a night-action-scrambler may have made my action hit RedneckPhoenix instead of Keldeo. I suppose other options could involve multiple roleblockers/etc running about, but that's more speculative territory.

Not sure what we want to do with this information. Since there's a real chance a scrambler was involved, I'm tentatively not going to start a lynch mob yet and will vote to abstain to help meet Phoenix's win condition. But in the future, if no scrambler comes forward, I think Keldeo should certainly be a significant suspect.

Peace continues to reign in Randtopia. See, everything's going great! What could possibly go wrong within the next several days?

No one was lynched.

72 hours for night actions.

The gears on the business wheel keep running oh so smoothly~

No one has died.

72 hours for discussion.

Two days without a mafia kill? Are we just lucky, or should we start getting a bit concerned?

For the record I was going to claim yesterday in response to JackPK's post because I didn't want to be blocked again, but the phase ended right before I could post - I wasn't intending to be evasive about that :( But my action went through last night, so I'm interested to know who JackPK did target before I claim today.

I don't think we should be too concerned about no mafia kills unless it's because of a poisoner or arsonist or something? The end result no matter why is that no town are being killed, which is pretty great for us because it just gives us free phases to gather more information and discuss the game.

But my action went through last night, so I'm interested to know who JackPK did target before I claim today.

To clarify this part since it sounds kind of vague upon rereading, I mean that I'm going to claim this phase because I realize JackPK's block from the night before last makes me look really scummy, and last night's result doesn't exonerate me either. But since my action went through, knowing who was actually targeted (or if Jack targeted me and was blocked or something) could be important info and I don't want my claim to stall discussion.

Back
Top Bottom