• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
everywhere but this forum (and maybe serebii, I forget) calls them the Plasma gang, not Team Plasma.

The Japanese names for the teams are always ______ Gang; Team Rocket is the Rocket Gang, and Team Galactic is the Galaxy Gang (which is actually a Pulseman shout-out).

Not liking Team Plasma, although it does prove my Teams Yin/Yang theory wrong, much to my relief. If N is their leader I will be very angry.

From what I've gathered from this video, Bel seems to more or less take role of May/Brendan or Dawn/Lucas from R/S/E and D/P/Pt, while Cheren is the rival. Speculation still, but it seems to make sense.

From what I've gathered from this video, Bel seems to more or less take role of May/Brendan or Dawn/Lucas from R/S/E and D/P/Pt, while Cheren is the rival. Speculation still, but it seems to make sense.
My JP-fu is rather weak, but I'm pretty sure somewhere it's said specifically that there are ~two~ (2) rivals.

Ah well, maybe they'll just play out like Rocket did; random crimes that were only to pad out the game/stop you from advancing too far/make the game look like it had a plot.

I can only hope. That's what makes me love Team Rocket so much more than the other teams, and what's made me dislike the newer games so much.

...is there a pulseman shout-out like, every generation?

Um, yeah, I think. I'm pretty sure the ____ Gang thing is in every generation except 2, and that introduced Remoraid.

Anyway, new Pokemon: the region's caterpillar! Very cute looking; I like the leaf on its head.

So... apparently Victini is Psychic/Fire type. I figured it would be either Normal, Fighting, or Psychic... but Fire is kind of unexpected. Wonder what its ability does...

I'm starting to think that the new deer probably isn't related to Stantler, which is a good thing (we don't need too many more babies... though a baby Stantler would make a lot more sense than, say, a baby Marill.) It looked similar enough in the screenshot we got earlier, but the official art for it makes it look a bit less "Stantler-y."

New caterpillar looks pretty good. A bit creepy-looking for an "all over the early routes" bug, though (Caterpies were cute, Weedles and Kricketots were dumb-looking, and Wurmples were just average-bug-ish)... I'm guessing it's the huge white soulless eyes.

I like the Psychic-Fire typing. More love for fire types is what these games need. No one wants a repeat of Diamond and Pearl.

I was just thinking about this: In my Pokemon fantasies as a little kid, I created a combination of a Pokemon Center and a Pokemon Mart together as one building (discouting Department Stores of course, those take up too much room). And look what the Gen V games have to offer now.

Stealing my thunder. I've now had my "Pokemon ripped me off" moment, thank you.

I was just thinking about this: In my Pokemon fantasies as a little kid, I created a combination of a Pokemon Center and a Pokemon Mart together as one building (discouting Department Stores of course, those take up too much room). And look what the Gen V games have to offer now.

Stealing my thunder. I've now had my "Pokemon ripped me off" moment, thank you.
THEN YOU SHOULD SUE THEM FOR STEALING YOUR IDEA.

Yeah, if Luvdisc gets an evo, that messes up my Luvdisc evo Valentorus (which was like an eel coiled into a heart shape.)

DARN YOU GAME FREAK

...Wow. So I just created a Fire/Psychic fakemon with a similar colour scheme and now this... Gamefreak's really channeling, man. But I like Victini a lot now. It gets extra points for cool typings. And Victory Star sounds like a really cool ability name. It sounds like a song or something.

I'm liking the deer too and the swan. Giving me a really... Disney movie vibe. It's Pink Bambi! That's what I'll call it now. Woodland creatures, yaay~ Not liking the caterpillar though, it looks like some ugly bug baby.

As for the humans, Dento's neat if a bit girly looking. And the woman... oh my God, DIVERSITY! I think this is the first real black person in a Pokemon game. I'm proud.

Amazing. I like how they're making up for the lack of Fire types in Gen. 4, but they don't have to steal my ideas to do it. First a white Fire/Dragon-type, then a Normal chinchilla, then a drill mole (it better not be Ground/Steel or I'll sue), then a Luvdisc evo, and now a Psychic/Fire event Pokemon. If they make a Water-type lynx and an Electric meercat, I'll kill them.

So is Dento going to be in both the anime and the games? Hmm. For some reason his name combined with the fact that he's a waiter keep making me think of "al dente".

I love the bug one. It's probably going to be the Caterpie of Gen 5 but I hope it at least evolves into something cool.

Also, I think as far as Pokemon designs go this is shaping up to be my favorite gen behind gen 3!

The buggie and deer are so cute! Like... oh my god I wish I could have more than six Pokemon ;o; I might have to abandon my starter, at this point. I hope the males/shinies of the deer are like, some cocoa brown color, it would be so adorable! Or maybe mint green. And that males and females will have or lack antlers, unlike Stantler...

Aloe is also pretty cool. I love her curves. Also kind of reminds me of how aproney clothes poof out in Mabinogi. Actually her entire character looks like something out of Mabinogi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom