• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to Psypokes, only Isshu-native Pokes are obtainable Pre-National Dex. Which means that this is the first time in the main line of games (RBY(FRLG)/GSC(HGSS)/RSE/DPPt) that Pokemon like Pikachu won't be available in the Regional Dex.

Folks, if this is true, then we're about to break the "600 different species of Pokemon" mark.

uh. we've been talking about that for like the last 10 posts?

And... we knew that already. Since before this page even.

I wonder if that swan evolves from something or if it's single-stage? I bet the cygnets would look super adorable. I'm on some sort of cute high

edit: I got ninja'd by two people but you guys can figure out who that was directed that I hope

Hey guys, someone on Bulbagarden pointed out that the emblem on the Plasma grunt's chests look an awful lot like the Chi Rho, an early Christan symbol.

I'm thinking Nights Templar here.

Hey guys, someone on Bulbagarden pointed out that the emblem on the Plasma grunt's chests look an awful lot like the Chi Rho, an early Christan symbol.

I'm thinking Nights Templar here.

Honestly I was thinking something like that just from their outfits alone (with the tabards and hoods and stuff), though the emblem thing is interesting to know too.

I think it's more that their appearance was based on that and not so much the actual Knights as we know them in the real world, is what we were saying. x: Maybe they're trying to... do something similar to... hell idk. I just know they look a lot like them.

They're looking for the Holy Grail.

Think about it: they're knights. Their team name is Plasma, aka the liquid part of blood. The Holy Grail is a cup that was supposedly used to catch some of Jesus's blood during the crucifixion, and was often sought after by knights.

Now, I'm pretty sure a Pokémon game won't actually use the Holy Grail as a plot point, and they definitely won't actually mention Jesus in the games... but there's tons of examples of how Japanese people like to put random Christian symbolism and mythology into anime, video games, and so on. I wouldn't really be surprised if it turned out that Team Plasma was searching for some kind of Pokémon equivalent of the Holy Grail, or at least if the region's mythology has some of those kinds of influences.

I've had a theory for a while that the church in Hearthome in D/P/P which serves no other purpose than to be a church was meant as a sort of "experiment" by Game Freak, to see if rabid religious people who hate Pokémon still cared enough about the games to take offense to the church. To my knowledge, I don't think they have, which makes me think that the experiment was a success and future games (like the aforementioned Christianity-in-B/W stuff) will contain more religious themes.

The Pokemon games already had religious themes. They just didn't have Christian themes.

The Sinjoh Ruins(Shinto Ruins) is a rather blatant one, if you are familiar with Japanese. Obviously, you can just write it off as the Shin being from Sinnoh(written as シンオウ, which translates to Shinō[well, at least it should. this comp can't read Asian script]) and the To being from Johto, but it can't be coincidence that they just happened to choose the combination that's the same as Japan's native religion.

Of course, I'm just very into Pokemon's mythology anyways and I probably geek out about it more than I should.

Yay new Black and White info that doesn't involve revealing a new Pokemon!

So, my thoughts on this. All new Pokemon in the Isshu dex = LOVE. This will actually encourage me to use all new Pokemon and not just Pokemon that I'm accustomed to, which I do almost all the time. It also has a feeling of newness added to the game. This is possibly the most exciting revelation about this game for me.

Also, this stuff about all of the Isshu Pokedex being new supports the idea of visiting past regions with the airfield. Think about it - since Isshu is far away and doesn't have any old Pokemon, what better way to get old Pokemon than revisiting a past region. I'm sticking by this theory until it is proven.

And also, the evil team has a different plan than just "Destroy the world".

Black and White might possibly end up being the best Pokemon games ever.

Hmm, they tried a similar approach with R/S/E and those ended up being my favorite games of the series, so I'm optimistic about this. I'd love to feel the way I did the first time I played Pokemon again. :>

I already suggested Knigth Templar, but otherwise, they could fit in. N is obviously the bad guy, so they might try stopping him and ending up as the useless police/adult role. Though the Holy Grail theory is very interesting. Maybe they are actually somewhat a mix of both?

And many of these Pokemon are love, but I want to see better images of the electric spider, sarcophagus, mole and mantis Pokemon ._.

I also agree with Blaziking. I also find it kind of weird how everyone is using TvTropes terms lately xD

The buggie and deer are so cute! Like... oh my god I wish I could have more than six Pokemon ;o; I might have to abandon my starter, at this point. I hope the males/shinies of the deer are like, some cocoa brown color, it would be so adorable! Or maybe mint green. And that males and females will have or lack antlers, unlike Stantler...

Well, considering how Stantler is most likely based on the reindeer... which both males and females have antlers, it only makes sense.

But I love Victini's typing.. and the bug is cute, even if it is a bit creepy-like... I wonder what kind of bug it'll evolve into?

Although.. I am still trying to figure out exactly why the swan has a bra of sorts.

I've been pondering about something, namely Victini.

Just what is the critter based on?

It's called the Victory Pokémon, with the ability Victory Star, but it doesn't point us towards anything in particular. And apparently its design is based on Usagi-Ringo which is a method of cutting apples so that they resemble rabbits. And I'm not making this up, it seriously looks like it, I mean, just LOOK!

An APPLE RABBIT? THAT'S PRETTY HARDCORE, DON'T YOU THINK?

Okay, Awesome theory time!

This definitely looks like it is possible. And, so far, it ties into EVERYTHING that's been revealed about the games.

the swan doesnt have a bra. it was shown in a pic for the new contest kind of thing like that (i think)

...No shit?

I never said it had anything to do with the contest. I never said it WAS a bra. I said it looks like it has a BRA OF SORTS.

It's on the chest, it has this mermaid-like bra thing going on.

>:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom