• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What would be the BEST Pokemon game?

SonicNintendo

Happy 15th, Pokemon!
It's pretty straightforward. What, ideally, would make the ULTIMATE game for you?

For me, it would be one of 3 things:
1) any Gen I-IV game remade for Wii.
2) a DS game that allows you to travel through all regions. (like HGSS, but with (most of) the content in every game shoved into one card!
3) the DS game described in #2 made for Wii.

I think idea 2 of yours probably couldn't work on the DS; too much content for one little card. Might work well on the PC (or possibly Wii) though.

ANYWAY, my ideas:

1) Gen V Shadow Pokemon game? It's no secret that Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were flipping awesome.
2) I think something along the lines of SonicNintendo's idea 2 (or 3) would be cool, but I think I imagined it differently; something relatively Sims-styled would be cool (design your own character and clothes and what they want to do), except without free will because that would end badly. Interacting with other people's characters (and battling them!) would be pretty cool too. ALSO designing Fakemon and regions in that game would be amazing.

A pokémon game for the wii where you can move around like you can in Colosseum and Gale of Darkness but catch pokémon, and battle the E4 and face gyms and stuff.

-3D
-all regions
-Shadow Pokemon
-Must create new team each region, or something.
-For DS AND Wii, possibly.

A Wii game, duh

• On Wii
  • Aim attacks with the Wii remote when battling
  • Better contest system with awesome combos
  • All regions
  • Character customiseation
  • A small field in a new region where the player can build a town, MySims Kingdom style
  • Heaps of new Pokémon
  • Kangaskahn prevo and male form without pouch

A Wii game, duh

• On Wii
  • All regions
  • A small field in a new region where the player can build a town, MySims Kingdom style
  • Heaps of new Pokémon

OHMYGODILOVEYOUYES!

A Wii game, duh

• On Wii
  • All regions
  • Heaps of new Pokémon

And also, some I forgot

• Move Mastery. The more you use a move, the more powerful and Accurate it gets
  • In the town you made, you can make a gym, chose a type, then put in trainers. You can choose there Pokémon, Gender, attacks and all, and also you can battle people with your Gym Team via WiFi
  • You can do combos in double battles, for example, have you Blaziken ride ontop of Lombre, Lombre uses Surf and Blaziken fires of Fire Blast from on top of the wave

2) I think something along the lines of SonicNintendo's idea 2 (or 3) would be cool, but I think I imagined it differently; something relatively Sims-styled would be cool (design your own character and clothes and what they want to do), except without free will because that would end badly. Interacting with other people's characters (and battling them!) would be pretty cool too. ALSO designing Fakemon and regions in that game would be amazing.
To expand on the designing your own character bit:
-Like Battle Revolution only you have all of the skin, eye, and (natural, because I'm boring :P) hair colors at the starter. If you want an unnatural hair color, you have to buy hair dye. Same if you want clothes besides the default sets.

Also:
-Marts that actually work like stores, i.e. you look around on the shelves and pick up items (have a little cart list on the touch screen or something), and if you leave without paying, the cashier will yell at you and bring you to the counter to pay.

I have just found the meaning of life.

Anyway, I was thinking about maybe something for the DS *shot* where it's more action, sort of poke-assists in the most recent Ranger. Two pokemon are on the field, and each have health bars. You use the stylus to move around, and the a/b/x/y to chose one of 4 attacks, each with a special effect. Additionally, by tapping a foe, the pokemon could lock on to it, making its attacks more likely to hit. Could be adapted for wii.

That would ditch the whole RPG thing, but I think it's a cool idea.

Oh, and one can dodge by moving out of the way. Maybe tap to jump or fly?

alright, then if it's too much info, then put it on the wii? (my original idea of all the regions in one game, similar to the anime, but with the core gameplay of the games)

If it's one the Wii, have it so you throw the Pokeball in battle. More Pokemon anime styled strategies would be nice too.

We need a system influenced by your actions. If any of you have played any of the Fable games, you know what I mean. :V E.G., you dress up like an assasin and cast lightning at random civilians, people scream and run away, you give gifts to random people and kill lots of bandits, people lurve you. :3

Zenigame said:
Also:
-Marts that actually work like stores, i.e. you look around on the shelves and pick up items (have a little cart list on the touch screen or something), and if you leave without paying, the cashier will yell at you and bring you to the counter to pay.

HENCE THE FABLE-NESS NEEDED HERE. You could just beat the clerk's ass and walk away like nothing ever happened. :D

If it's one the Wii, have it so you throw the Pokeball in battle. More Pokemon anime styled strategies would be nice too.

YESSS.

-We need more transportation that a bike and a flyer. They should make a vehicle shop, so you could like... buy a helicopter that allows you to travel to more areas?
-BRINGING BACK ITEM STORAGE. Dx

-3D
-all regions
-Shadow Pokemon
-Must create new team each region, or something.
-For DS AND Wii, possibly.

pretty much. And the capability to make your own Gyms for the inerwebs :D

And by "All Regions" I simply mean the main series ones. I've never actually played XD or that other one (whatever that is called). the only spin off games I've played are Trozei, and the Pokemon Ranger games.

Not sure if I'd like a Pokemon game on the Wii - I like to feel as though I've got the Pokemon in my pocket. I think it would also slightly ruin the 'meeting new trainers in real life' that Pokemon seems to have.
  • I like the idea of adding new Anime-style battling strategies, so long as they don't break the game (I'd like competitive battling to remain fun and varied).
  • Being able to see trainers around you on the screen and possibly how close you are to them (not sure if this part's doable) using local wireless, similar to the underground
  • A built-in ability to organise Wi-fi tournaments would be appreciated, I'm sure. This shouldn't be too hard to include in the game.
  • More story, and more badges would be great - smaller regions such as the Orange Islands would give the game more depth without making it seem too extended. Sort of like the Sevii Islands except with Gyms and a sort of league.
I'm more of a competitive battler...

Last edited:
Pretty much everything Pichu Chris said, and

-When you defeat the Elite Four and you become the champion, you can still continue your journey and you will be notified when you have a challenger at the Elite Four, and then you can battle she/him.
-A dodge function like in the anime. It could work maybe 50% of the time or something and you can only use it a few times per match.

Back
Top Bottom