• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Walrein is my favorite Water/Ice type. I mean, dat hair, dem tusks, and dat body. Lapras ain't got nuthin' on Walrein.

The whole Spheal line is definitely one of my favorites! In RSE, they appear so late in the game I think I've only used the line once in game. Walrein's super sturdy, though, barring Stealth Rock. I love the little RS Pinball minigame with Spheal and Sealeo. They're all a perfect shade of blue, too! Best ice type line for sure.

And even though people compare them a bit, I think the Dewgong line is actually pretty dissimilar design-wise beyond being based off a smaller marine mammal.

490.png

Don't have an opinion on this one, actually. I guess it's cute.

I don't really care for Manaphy all that much. It's my least favorite small secret legendary and kind of a pain to get, like the rest of them. Though, I guess I ended up with three at one point because I bought and played all of the Ranger games.

Phione's a hundred times cuter, anyways. :x

Manaphy is probably the least difficult to get out of all of the unobtainables. I mean, so long as there are ranger games out there you can still get one, unlike the rest of them where you need to go somewhere for a limited time, or you need to connect to wifi for a limited time.
I usually miss out on those limited time ones because I often buy games much later than everyone else.

So yeah Manaphy was the first unobtainable I got! It would be the only one if I didn't get a Mew from presumably a wifi event I don't even remember. For that reason I like it but other than the relative easiness to get it I don't have much to say about it.

It seems like getting a Manaphy via buying a thirty- or forty-dollar game is a bit more troublesome than just walking to a nearby store and connecting to the wireless. I guess it's your opinion.

I definitely like Heart Swap, and it has a pretty cool concept, but I think it could have been better. The fact that it can breed Phione makes it a bit more valuable, though.

...I guess I do have an opinion on this. Also, if anyone else wants to do the daily Pokémon but can't think of one, here's how I do it!

It seems like getting a Manaphy via buying a thirty- or forty-dollar game is a bit more troublesome than just walking to a nearby store and connecting to the wireless. I guess it's your opinion.
Yes but that's not a fair comparison unless you're buying a Pokémon Ranger game solely to get Manaphy. (if you really wanted Manaphy but weren't interested in Rager, you could always be naughty and download a Ranger ROM and put it on one of those play-roms-on-an-actual-DS cartridge and get Manaphy that way)

And when it comes to walking into a store or just getting a wifi event, not everyone has wifi, and I'd guess that most countries around the world don't even have stores that do events. Also those events have to end eventually, so if you're like me and you buy your games sometimes years after they come out, you're going to miss out on a lot of them.

I guess that's the point though, they make these events a limited time thing so people who were on the fence about buying the game might buy it because they don't want to miss it.

Also, if anyone else wants to do the daily Pokémon but can't think of one
I usually post here when I overthink things about a certain Pokémon, usually after going through the entirety of their Bulbapedia page. I would have posted more like that, as I did with Gardevoir, but I don't like double posting :(

Pokémon of the day! Ninjask, the Ninja Pokémon!

291.png

I haven't used it, but it seems good enough. It's a really decent Supporter from what I've heard, as it gets Speed Boost, Agility and Baton Pass.

I've never used it but I thought it looked pretty cool. Speed Boost's a decent idea for an ability, too.

Did anyone else freak out the first time they got one because they didn't understand why this "Shedinja" thing appeared in their party? I honestly though it was a...

are you ready for this?

this is going to be the best joke you've ever heard.

are you sure you're ready?

there's no way you're going to guess this ridiculously clever pun.

...bug.
EDIT:
me said:
I guess that's the point though, they make these events a limited time thing so people who were on the fence about buying the game might buy it because they don't want to miss it.
So apparently you get a free Celebi if you use Pokémon Bank!
...for a limited time only. >:(

Last edited:
Let's talk about...... Krookodile!

I really like Krookodile. My second favorite 5th Pokemon. Only Mienshao is above it!

Moxie is a great ability for Krookodile!

I was never really fond of it changing its colour to red after its final evolution but that's not enough of a bad thing to make me not like it.

That evolution line often ends up in my party but usually only so I can have a strength user. Oddly enough, despite being a HM slave, it was my highest level Pokémon for most of my playthrough of Black. It came in useful against Caitlin and Shauntal, as well.

I just looked it up on Bulbapedia and its shiny looks really weird. I think it's the fact that its eyes are actually visible. I also like how Roughnecks use its face as their gang logo.

I actually like the red color scheme more, but I don't think the change itself makes much sense.

And I do really like the line a lot. I think it's neat that they made the Sandile line Ground instead of the obvious go to for Water type. And I like to think that Hippopotas line and the Sandile line duke it out a lot.

And I agree with Murkrow on it's cool the Roughnecks have it as their logo.

I think the red is great for Krookodile. Maybe not a lot of sense but definitely feel it gives an extra oomph to an already cool-looking design.

Xatu's really cool, never trained one though I think I seriously considered using it in Heart Gold but already felt too attached to the Noctowl I had. Either way I like its Native American inspiration.

Now let's talk about... Delphox!

Glad Fennekin didn't become the fourth consecutive Fire/Fighting. Glad Delphox has a type advantage over Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar!

Plus, it's my favorite Kalos Pokemon besides Tyrantrum, Zygarde, and Hawlucha!

I love it's robe when you send it out, and it's pretty useful in ingame battles.

Other than that, the ear hair turns me off.

Back
Top Bottom