• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Metallica Fanboy vs. Kam

Originally Posted by Metallica Fanboy
Speaking of battle limits, I'll reach mine.

1 vs. 1 Single
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing
Arena: Adhesive Hole

A wasteland stretches beyond an eye's reach. The scenery is extremely plain. The catch about this arena is that it was once used for war. A trap was set at a specific spot; all soldiers that fell in it were firmly glued by an extremely sticky substance that covered the surface of the hole. Remains of the victims still can be seen over the pink goop. With the knowledge that any Pokémon stuck in this hole could be recalled by a Poké Ball, however, the idea to battle there seemed interesting. All ground-dwelling Pokémon to enter this match will be stuck in the adhesive trap until it's knocked out and recalled, thus, unable to leave their current positon. Pokémon capable of flight/floating, though, can avoid the goop, thus, are free to move.

Other: No purely aquatic Pokémon (land dwelling/amphibious water-types are still allowed). All Pokémon engaging in this battle must have access to at least one projectile move.

Round Four

Metallica Fanboy (O)

Aerodactyl
Dexterous (M) <Pressure>
Health: 62%
Energy: 53%
Status: Wishing he could rub his sore shoulder. -1 Special Defense.
Commands: Flamethrower ~ Taunt ~ Flamethrower

Kam (O)

Bronzor
Zero (N/A) <Levitate>
Health: 25% (CAPPED)
Energy: 73%
Status: Utterly irate. +1 Special Attack, -1 Speed. Taunted (1 action remaining).
Commands: Psychic ~ Flash Cannon ~ Psychic

Grinning from the fact that the battle couldn’t last much longer – Zero looked like it was struggling to stay conscious – Dexterous inhaled deeply once again and breathed out yet another stream of flames. Though the sun’s intense rays were beginning to dwindle, they still did well in lending strength to the already powerful blaze. The unfortunate Bronzor on the receiving end was much slower than Dexterous, and as such had much less time to execute its orders. The flames washed over it like a brilliant, burning tide, melting the alloy that made Zero’s body; it screamed in agony, even as the gears in its brain turned furiously to process its commands. By the time it managed to extend a mental reach outside its brain, most of the Flamethrower was gone, but Zero managed to turn what was left back towards the very creature that had called the fire into being. Dexterous growled and blinked his eyes. The little embers did little more than sting, weakened as they were.

Zero’s rage gradually cooled as it watched its opponent hiss in discomfort. Like a heavy blow, the Bronzor realized how worn out it felt, and the shock of it sent black fringes creeping around its vision. It cringed; it would have to end this soon.

Dexterous, on the other hand, was absolutely giddy with the prospect of imminent victory. “Hey, looooooser!” he crooned, drawing out what seemed like Zero’s new nickname with relish. “I told you, you can’t win! You can’t beat anything! But that’s to be expected, you know, because Bronzor are the lowest of the looooow.” Zero looked sharply in the Aerodactyl’s direction, and if it had any veins then they would’ve been throbbing. This time, though, instead of responding with a howl of fury, it merely squeezed its eyes shut and did its best to block Dexterous’s insults out. Eventually the archaic Pokemon stopped rambling and glared at Zero, who was quivering with annoyance but still very much in control, with unveiled disgust.

As soon as Dexterous fell silent, Zero opened its eyes and began to draw shimmering grey energy from the air, so radiant that it looked almost white. The power congregated in an orb in front of the Bronzor, and when it reached the size of a baseball it shivered, before abruptly shooting off in Dexterous’s direction in a thick ray with a vweem. The shaft of light struck the Aerodactyl at the base of the neck, and he starting coughing and gagging at once. Even when the brilliance faded away, he still coughed, only stopping several moments after the attack had died away.

As Dexterous cleared his throat, which was feeling rather tingly, he gave Zero a glare. Better end it quick. For the umpteenth, and probably last, time in the battle, he exhaled a mighty breath of fire, which cut across the Adhesive Hole unhindered to assault its target with relentless heat. The hapless Bronzor simply shuddered and fell unconscious halfway through the attack, unable to act quickly enough to redirect the deadly blaze; his eyes, deeply set in a navy-coloured pool of melted metal, slid shut with a sigh.

Metallica Fanboy (O)

Aerodactyl
Dexterous (M) <Pressure>
Health: 45%
Energy: 35%
Status: Tired, but elated by his victory. -1 Special Defense.

Kam (O)

Bronzor
Zero (N/A) <Levitate>
Health: 0%
Energy: 60%

Terrain notes
The sun is shining down on the wasteland that houses the Adhesive Hole, and will do so for another 2 actions.

Final notes
Taunt failed.
Zero fainted on the 3rd action.
I was sorta iffy about the Psychic redirecting the Flamethrower: first of all, fire is a rather intangible substance, and second, Aerodactyl is more than five times as fast as Bronzor. In the end I decided to be generous and had Zero redirect about 10% of the attack, but it didn’t really make much of a difference.

The battle is over, and Metallica Fanboy is the winner. He gets $8, I get $5 for reffing, and Kam gets $3.
Dexterous gets 2 EXP, while Zero gets 1. (is it just me or did that sound rather amusing?) Good game, you two – after seeing how big a role Sunny Day played in this, I think I should consider shortening its duration >.>

Yeah, if I had used Rain Dance earlier this match would be a hell of a lot longer.

Regardless, Zero did rather well. I'm proud of you, weird mirror robot thing.

However, I realized soon after I sent out Zero, that if I had phased into Aero with Envy and Roosted, I easily could have won the fight.

Regardless, gg.

Back
Top Bottom