• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Being an Idiot

Karousever

formerly known as Jaketiger1116
Ever done something incredibly stupid, no matter the circumstances or your age?

When I was 5, my very first Pokémon game was Ruby. The stupid part? I was stuck in Oldale Town for a month. The reason was when I first went through, before I battled May, I couldn't go through the left because the guy was studying footprints. So I went up to Route...um, is it 103? Or 13? I don't remember, but anyway so I battled her, did all the stuff afterwards, and went back to Oldale Town. I couldn't find my way out (I hadn't gone left enough to see the exit.) I went back and forth between Littleroot and Route 103 trying to figure out how to get out. A month later, I finally saw the exit and facedesked for being so stupid. I'm sure if I would have gotten a PokéNav from Birch rather than from Rustboro, I would have found my way out in the first day. >.> Well, at least I've only done that the first time. And I was 5. But it was still stupid.

I killed Lugia. And saved when I wanted to load. I didn't even realize I had the Master Ball with me.

And in Diamond, I got rid of the Wave Incense because there were Azurill available in the wild, but then I realized that they were on level 21.

Used a masterball on the ghost marowak. Oh, and using explosion while on a nuzlocke.

Not me, but my brother used his Master Ball on a lv. 2 Wurmple in Ruby.
My brother did that to a random Venonat because he expected there to be other Master Balls in the game.

Also, countless occourances of making terrible choices in rental Pokémon for Pokémon Stadium.

On Diamond, my first pokemon game, I killed Dialga in two hits, not knowing that I didnt have to lower it's health before catching it with a Master Ball. And then I used it on a Level 30 Mr. Mime, not knowing I could battle Dialga again. This time I killed it in one hit.

Last edited:
Oh flip. Confession time.

When I got my first Pokemon game, (I think I was like 5) Leaf Green, I didn't know know how to leave my hometown. I thought that if I just kept trying to go past the man at the grass, maybe I'd get through.
Epic failure.

Also, when I eventually got Emerald, I remember playing in the Battle Frontier a lot. At some point, the screen started going all "DERP DERP I CAN'T LOAD THIS CRAP" on me, so I restarted it. Only to have my brother tell me that I had to press A as normal and it wouldn't even affect anything.
... All that progress gone. :c

I tried to beat the entirety of Pokemon Crystal with a Typhlosion and pretty much nothing else.

The funny thing was I actually did it. I wasn't even that high-levelled but I beefed through all of Lance's team using Flamethrower, Flame Wheel, and Cut.

I once beat all of Sapphire but then i turned it off by mistake and had to return back to my level 5 Treeko.

Also, one time, back when I first started, I saved up enough cash for a TM at Sapphire's Game Corner and bought 3 Double Team TMs thinking they were 2 Flamethrowers and a Thunderbolt. To make it worse, I SAVED the game, wasting about 1500000 Cash.

Last edited:
I tried to beat the entirety of Pokemon Crystal with a Typhlosion and pretty much nothing else.

The funny thing was I actually did it. I wasn't even that high-levelled but I beefed through all of Lance's team using Flamethrower, Flame Wheel, and Cut.

I did that as well, using Chikorita. but failed when I got to Suicune.

I saved at the opening screen. Luckily, my second save slot was in the castle already, so I didn't have to fight the E4 again.

I beat Emerald with nothing but a Blaziken and avoiding trainer battles whenever possible.

Not as a stupid thing to do, but both as a challenge and as a way to make building a Battle Frontier team easier.

Tried to Thundershock Brock's Geodude with Pikachu.

Sold TMs for money.

Actually most of the stupid things I did was when I played Blue. When I got Gold I became a lot smarter in my playthroughs, though I still wasted TMs on useless Pokés. Nowadays I adopt a minimalist style in which I beat the game without using the TMs you can only get once. It can be difficult if your Pokémon only learn crap moves.

Last edited:
Using the Masterball on the legendaries that just stood still instead of saving it for the ones that flee.

Haha I'm so attached to my Master Ball that I don't use it even to catch the fleeing legendaries. I think I used it on Gold to catch Suicune (which was a fleeing Pokémon back then) but all the other fleeing Pokémon I caught the old-fashioned way. In the end, it's more rewarding not to use the Master Ball but you have to be prepared for lots of frustration.

Haha I'm so attached to my Master Ball that I don't use it even to catch the fleeing legendaries. I think I used it on Gold to catch Suicune (which was a fleeing Pokémon back then) but all the other fleeing Pokémon I caught the old-fashioned way. In the end, it's more rewarding not to use the Master Ball but you have to be prepared for lots of frustration.

In Sapphire, I decided to not catch Kyogre since it didn't appeal to me. Years later, I realized that I still had that Masterball left over so I used it to catch Latias :) Trying to catch fleeing Pokemon like that without a Masterball is just a nightmare. Plus, I don't really have any other use for the Masterball xD

On my more recent games, I never use my Masterball(s). I'm always waiting for the "right' legendary...even if I've already caught them all. Cept on White, there are still a few that need to be released through events..maybe then it(they) will be used on them.

Back
Top Bottom