• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TCoD WSC: Rules

Re: TCoD WSC: Week 1

Is it okay to post finished entries in this thread, or would you prefer if we PMed them to you?

Mmkay. Then here's my entry~

tcodwscbanner.png

And then here's links to the separated images:
Rules
Hall of Fame

OH MY GOD this took forever! PSP isn't working, and I don't know how to use GIMP, so I had to use MS Paint... And Iaza wouldn't upload it due to size, so I couldn't transparencize it.

tcodwsc.png

Credit to Arkeis, the BEST pokemon render site ever, for the large Dialga
Credit to someone else (found it off google) for the small Dialga sprite, I recolored it a little.
Background by http://www.poweredtemplate.com/ (free background).

I didn't include Rules or Hall of Fame, could I make them as separate banners?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry, but I can't accept your entry. You need at least two more sprites in order for it to qualify. There's still plenty of time though for you to put those sprites in.

As for the Rules and Hall of Fame, since I forgot to make it a requirement, you really don't have to put them in at all if you don't want to. If you do, however, I would prefer to have them all in one banner.

Actually, if you count the large dialga, there are three- the large dialga, the small dialga on the bottom-left, and the small green Nidorino in the top-right ^-^

I don't like using sprites in banners, so I tried to make them unimportant...

Well, I guess the Nidorino counts, but still I can't really accept the big Dialga as a sprite. Sorry, but you still need one more.

...Um. I'd just like to point out that this current contest isn't really a sprite contest, it's a gfx contest with a sprites theme. Um. Continue and all, but in the future, shouldn't these things involve pixelart? Not... photoshop? I like the entries so far, but really. It might as well just be Weekly Contest.

Continue and all, I just hope that next week will involve, y'know, spriting.

Don't worry, this is not what the contest will be normally. Normally it will consist of a single sprite entry. This week was an exception.

Before I implement it, does a pixelover count as pixelart, or does it need to be sprite-sized?

@Zulo: If it doesn't exceed the 80 by 80 px limit, it counts.

@Aethelstan: It looks like you need one more sprite.

OK, I edited it with the (forced...) sprite, Butterfree- Roar of Time Style!

@Zulo: If it doesn't exceed the 80 by 80 px limit, it counts.

@Aethelstan: It looks like you need one more sprite.

I thought pixel art could be used instead of sprites.

EDIT: Never mind, I added one anyway, edited into my entry post.

Last edited:

Just to remind everyone, today is the last day to submit entries! At the end of the day I will be posting this weeks poll(s) and week 2.

Oh Magikrap. I don't why I didn't work on it. I guess I'll do week 2?

With the size limitations, does the sprite have to be exactly 80X80pix or does it just have to be able to fit within that restraint?

Back
Top Bottom