• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

G/S/C Just. One. More. Headbutt.

glitchedgamer

GET EQUIPPED WITH
Ok, I have been searching for a Heracross for days now, and I'm getting pretty desperate. I've looked all over the web for help, but most of the info contridicts something else. Therefore, I have a simple question: In Pokemon Crystal, have any of you caught a Heracross on Route 29, Route 32, or Azalea town? These are the apparent "hotspots" for 'Cross I have access to, since I wanna have it before I face Whitney. If you did, how long did it take and how often did you switch trees?

I thought you could catch them from the bug-catching game thing?

^That would be Pinsir. Heracross stick to the trees. I think it's because they like tree sap or something.

I think I've said this once but I'll say it again; I found Heracross easily while headbutting on Route 29, but that was on Gold. I don't know if there's a difference between that and Crystal (on the subject of Heracross catching, anyway), but I don't see a lot of reason for there to be one, so...

I CAUGHT ONE!!!!...Ok, not really, but I found one at least! Ran out of Pokeballs so I couldn't get it...Found it on Route 46, which is a hotspot for them I guess. I decided to wait earlier because I thought you didn't have access to the route until much later...There goes 4 hours of my life...BUT VICTORY IS SWEET! Male/Female nickname suggestions for when I do get around to catching one?

Heracross, Heracross... Well they're based off of the stag beetle, I believe. I did a bit of research and the scientific name is Lucanus elaphus Fabricius. Perhaps you could mess around with that a bit, combining it with some other random words to make a nickname? That's what I usually do.
For a female, maybe you can mess around with the stag beetle's order, which is Coleoptera.

As a Latin student, messing around with the scientific names would be fun. However, I named mine Karnov because that was the last NES game I played. If only Heracross could breathe fire...and if only you knew what I was talking about =P

I don't know what you're talking about (I'm so ignorant about oldie games), but congrats on finally getting one. This is why I always stick to the more common Pokemon: so I don't tear out my hair trying to find this one elusive critter.

Thanks. I'm just pissed because this whole fiasco could have been avoided if I just moved on to Route 46...first tree I headbutted yielded a Heracross. 20 hours and I only have 3 Badges. Bah.

I donr know if you already got one, but I used up 5 hours trying to catch one...When I finally found one it was thanks to Sudowoodo, after his first headbutt(OMG!)
After that I was so happy I trained my Sudowoodo so hard that it acctualy reached level 70 in my Crystal game BEFORE I reached Lance.

Lol. But dont be angry- I thought, in red, that Kadabra evolves at level 100, and trained him all the way up to level 70 in diglett cave. OH THE DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN MY RED GAME DISAPPEARED!!!!!!!!!!!
($E&E&/$/%&(//&%$WQ§%§$&$%/%&(%&%&%§$%§&$&$%!
Is what I feel)

Back
Top Bottom