• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions The Severely Neglected Sprite Gallery

Aethelstan

Murderer of Words
Welcome, welcome! please, enjoy your stay! input is greatly appreciated! I do a wide variety of sprites, and I'd plan on making plenty more, so this will constantly updated.

Recolors:
2mmm14.png

Blue Espeon
2hdqzac.png

Turquoise Weedle
1z2jfj7.png

Purple Jigglypuff
11ubv2d.png

Purple/Orange Oddish
x2qru1.png

Purple/Orange/Turquoise Gloom
25ioy7l.png

Purple/Orange/Turquoise Vileplume
2n6vij9.png

Inferno Espeon

Splices:
122dfgx.png

Mareep and Seviper
311qetx.png

Gravler and Politoed
288z19t.png

Rayquaza and Marshtomp
a2fx1.png

Pidgey and Duskull
2hrlfza.jpg

Snubull and Raichu
5zjdqw.png

Spearow and Ekans
16becfn.png

Wartortle and Nidoking
2vboarq.png

Kangaskan, Skarmory, and Pinsir
23kuhf.png

Cubone, Totodile, Rapidash, Meowth, Persian, Growlithe
15wgg3n.png

I can't really remember everything in this one...
27xqjyd.png

I can't really remember everything in this one either...

Revamps:
2nai8o8.png

Eevee from Yellow
nt5pi.png

Grimer from Yellow
2zgydfo.png

Voltorb from Yellow
2a6ktv4.png

Magnemite from Yellow
ok0os7.png

Hoppip from Gold

Lineless:
2jfrjq.png

Lineless Bulbasaur
2qs9l6x.png

Lineless Ivysaur
2zimusy.png

Venusaur
21e6lj4.png

Lineless Espeon

Re-type:
28gyz2r.png

Ground Goldeen
xeo6mg.png

Ghost/Dark Horsea
2nvcih4.png

Fire Staryu
2eajpfp.png

Fire Togetic

Scratch Sprites:
256ve6b.png

Marshtomp at the Beach
vhtab7.png

Oddish

Reposes:
2lve4ap.png

Togepi Repose (Igglybuff)

Pokeballs:
n55u6x.png

Flareon Pokeball
156yd5j.png

Jolteon Pokeball
5to41.png

Vaporeon Pokeball
16hrck3.png

Solrock Pokeball

Eggs:
2d3yba.png

Pokeball Egg
2ah8wn7.png

Great Ball Egg
2q3x4wg.png

Ultraball Egg

Mythical Creatures:
2csezut.png

Cyclops
2r4kldt.png

Hellhound
11m8i9w.png

Pegasus

Original Ideas
dljqdf.png

Ebonyst (Idea and Concept art by Drifloon Rocks)

Last edited:
Re: The Sprite Gallery of Anti-Death (working on a better name)

Wow, I really like the recolours, but one thing (splices) YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THERE IS ONLY ONE LIGHT SOURCE!!!!! Now that I got that out of my system, explenation: you see, there should be an invisible source of light shining on the pokemon. You didn't recolor it that way after you spliced them,
jrspxi.png
See the brighter part is in front of snubull's head AND on raichu's tail at the top right side, that is two different light sources!!!

There might be more, that's just the one that "popped" out the most. Have a great day:grin:

Wow, I really like the recolours, but one thing (splices) YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THERE IS ONLY ONE LIGHT SOURCE!!!!! Now that I got that out of my system, explenation: you see, there should be an invisible source of light shining on the pokemon. You didn't recolor it that way after you spliced them,
jrspxi.png
See the brighter part is in front of snubull's head AND on raichu's tail at the top right side, that is two different light sources!!!

There might be more, that's just the one that "popped" out the most. Have a great day:grin:

Dang it, I thought I re-shaded that one... Oh well, back to work... The work of a spriter is never done! By the way, I thought the recolors would be the last thing people would like, so thanks!

something about the lineless sprites bother me, but i can't really think of it at the minute. if i remember, i'll edit my post.

your tauros/latios/rpaidash/ho-oh splice is very good. it's so much better than all your other ones.

and i especially like the goldeen re-type.

jrspxi.png

The lines on the tail are bothering the heck outta me too (They're pink and the rest of the tail is blue).
But other then that I don't see much wrong, except the inferno but I might just do infernos differently (I make the outlines dark and get lighter toward the middle), but thats really all that I see wrong, they're nice ^^

Ok, now I know I have to do something about that guy, but the tail colors are somewhat supposed to be like that; I kind of liked the neon look. But if it looks wrong to others, I should probably take their advice.
For now, here's another re-type:
2eajpfp.png

Well, I was hoping for some new input before I posted something new, but maybe new sprites will encourage visitors.

An updated Snubull/Raichu sprite
2hrlfza.png

Notice the re-shaded tail. It didn't look right with the dark blue line colors, so I kept it neon looking.

And a Magnemite revamp from Yellow
2a6ktv4.png

By the way, all Yellow revamps are done with FR/LG colors.

An updated Snubull/Raichu sprite
2hrlfza.png

Notice the re-shaded tail. It didn't look right with the dark blue line colors, so I kept it neon looking.

^_^ Much better, but IP put it best when she said "The lines on the tail are bothering the heck outta me too (They're pink and the rest of the tail is blue)."

It's been a while, but I have something new, and I thought I should post it here, where better?

Concept by Drifloon Rocks, the fakemon Ebonyst!
dljqdf.png

You can find the final sprite and the rest of Drifloon's project here.

Re: The Fantasprite Gallery!

Well, I'm in a good mood because I just made my best splice yet, here it is, oh and by the way... INPUT IS APPRECIATED! :talking:
23kuhf.png

Re: The Severly Neglected Sprite Gallery

Arcanine and persion, right? It's good, but it could use more shading on its back.

Re: The Severly Neglected Sprite Gallery

Arcanine and persion, right? It's good, but it could use more shading on its back.

Actually, if you check the first post, you'll see all of the parts used. And I tried adding that extra shading but it didn't look right. I may try again later. Shading isn't my strong suit.

I really need to reorganize the first post... Oh well, I have some new content, a random, very simplistic, yet somewhat cool looking Siamese Bulbasaur:
mw8wub.png

And a non-Pokemon related building.
2i8j0c4.png

I personally think the building is da bomb. But that's just me.

Very good, but yes, the shading is a little off on some of them. I love the mythological splices too. They're very creative.

Back
Top Bottom