• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Recommended Genesis Games?

glitchedgamer

GET EQUIPPED WITH
So after waiting for my AV cable to come in the mail, I am now the proud owner of a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. So far, my only games are Sonic 2 (duh), Mortal Kombat II, and Altered Beast. Here are the games I plan on getting next:

-Castlevania: Bloodlines
-Earthworm Jim
-Gunstar Heroes
-Sonic 1, 3, and Knuckles
-Vectorman
-Ristar
-FireShark

Any other games you guys would recommend? I really want to get the most out of my first 16 bit system.

Dynamite. Fucking. Headdy.

That game was brilliant. Seriously, get it.

Oh yeah, and Comix Zone. I loved that game.

Comix Zone, Kid Chameleon, Samurai Shodown, M.U.S.H.A., Gaiares, any of the Shining Force games, Phantasy Star III, and IV, Ecco the Dolphin, Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, and if you get your hands on the Sega CD add on, Sol-Feace is a must. Oh, and Shadowrun's pretty enjoyable. But most of the enjoyment really only comes if you like the tabletop...

I forgot Dynamite Heady!!! I need to look for that when I pick up Bloodlines tomorrow. Shining Force is also a must, even if I already have it on VC. Thanks guys. Keep em coming!

Is Ecco the Dolphin any good? From what I've played it's not amazing.

It's not nearly as good as the Dreamcast remake, but it's still pretty fun. It's one of those games where it's just plainly harder to appreciate than anything else.

Dammit, I was gonna suggest Headdy! But yeah, it's a great game, one of the best platformers for the Genesis, easily. Just watch out for the huge difficulty spike in the middle of the game.

Of course it's a great game, and it's difficult. It was made by Treasure :D One would be really hard pressed to find a game by Treasure that isn't good, or even difficult for that matter.

Also, definitely check out Alien Soldier. Good times were had with that game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom