• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rival Names

R/B/Y: Blue
G/S/C: Romeo x[
FR/LG: Gary
DPPt: Justin
HG/SS: LeLouch (random Code Geass reference :/)

All I can remember is that I named my rival in SS Mansex.
And in Gold, Wario. See, I'd named the PC Mario just because you couldn't be a girl back then so I couldn't use my own name. I did not expect that that would probably be the greatest file on that game I would ever play. Before it died. ; ;

Oh, and I named the FR rival Barbera. To this day I have no idea why.

I did the same in HG for the sake of nostalgia. Wtf kind of name is "Passerby Boy" or whatever he's called in Cherrygrove.

He's a boy from the town of Passerby.

I agree though. It's more like bump-into-you boy. He's hardly a passerby and it makes a dumb name anyway.

I normally name myself, my team and my rival after whatever fandom I'm into at the time I get the game.

So in the game where I'm Giles and my team's Buffy, Willow, Tara, Spike, Anya and Xander, my rival is Wesley.

In my SS game, I'm Jed and my team is Sam, C.J., Toby, Donna, Josh and Leo, and my rival's Hoynes. I like to think I'm the first person to cross Pokemon over with The West Wing.

I think my favourite was when I was was House and had Foreman, Cameron, Chase, Thirteen, Taub and Kutner on my team, my rival was Wilson, and it was great because House was all passive and "..."-y, while Wilson was all "I AM YOUR RIVAL!!1"-y.

So in the game where I'm Giles (...) my rival is Wesley.

This is beautiful. You would make a brilliant evil genius. XD

I usually make my team a theme but I *always* without fail forget rivals exist and end up naming every single one something utterly random.

Like in my last play of Silver, my rival was called Thames. As in the River Thames. I don't even know. I think my SS rival is something like Saffron because I stared at his hair too long trying to think of a name.

R/B/Y: Gary
G/S/C: ???
FR/LG: Gary
D/P/Pt: Tyson
HG/SS: ???

So yeah, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum are the only games where I made up a name. Also, there wasn't anyone to name in R/S/E, was there?

Ah...I got HeartGold a few weeks over, and I was really missing the Olympics. I had already planned out the names of my Pokemon, but I got to the part where you name yourself and I was like, "Hmm..." Because I'm Canadian, I named her Joannie, after the figure skater whose mother died during the games. When it came time to name my rival, the only male athlete I could remember was this Olivier guy from aFrench-speaking province, so I made it sound English and named him Oliver.

I kind of regret it now; he has a cool team and theme and is all tough, and his name's Oliver. Doesn't really live up to him.

Back
Top Bottom