• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

Can Snatch steal an ally's move when used in a double or triple battle? Its descriptions on the database say it only steals opponents' moves, but according to Bulbapedia it also steals allies' moves when used in-game.

It shouldn't be an issue if, while commanding, you just tell your pokémon to snatch only enemy moves.

It shouldn't be an issue if, while commanding, you just tell your pokémon to snatch only enemy moves.

I'm actually not so sure about that. The ~dark energy~ that does the snatching is described like it's kind of out of the user's control, and more to the point, the Pokémon can't control which enemy it snatches from even in ASB. If the Pokémon's readying itself to snatch before its ally uses a snatchable move, it might not be able to stop itself from stealing it.

(I feel like I actually wanted to know this a long time ago and may or may not have ever gotten my answer so I'd be interested to hear a ruling!)

ETA: If a Pokemon is commanded to use Double Team twice, will the second time fail or multiplicatively increase the number of clones?
The Pokémon simply gains clones, independently of how many it currently has, each time it uses Double Team.

I forgot how Speed works, are we doing a multiplier or is it just a +10 to the base speed for every stage? Thankfully either way my current reffing ends up the same, but I should probably know for the future.
Depends on the ref. Personally, I apply the same multipliers that the games do. Some refs add or remove a flat 12.5 per stage. There may yet be other takes on it.

So does Magic Guard block the extra energy like it does the health? Or does that even work in ASB, because it does in the game. If not my solosis is useless

this is apparently under contention but I will offer that when there are lots of items which offer a flat +2% damage, +3% damage for +1% energy with a specific ability doesn't seem that unbalanced

I forgot how Speed works, are we doing a multiplier or is it just a +10 to the base speed for every stage? Thankfully either way my current reffing ends up the same, but I should probably know for the future.

you're not forgetting, this was never consistent. I don't think many people used multipliers, though, and I'm p sure negrek used ±20, I've seen ±10; currently I'm throwing around ±15 but eh.

Can Snatch steal an ally's move when used in a double or triple battle? Its descriptions on the database say it only steals opponents' moves, but according to Bulbapedia it also steals allies' moves when used in-game.

it can. but iirc, like many priority moves, it can be used as a reaction to steal a specific move of lesser priority.

ETA: If a Pokemon is commanded to use Double Team twice, will the second time fail or multiplicatively increase the number of clones?

I believe precedent is [I do not bring citations] is that the number of clones increases additively.

So does Magic Guard block the extra energy like it does the health? Or does that even work in ASB, because it does in the game. If not my solosis is useless

It blocks health, but not energy. We're going to change it so that it's +2% energy per offensive attack because otherwise it'd be a wee bit broken.

ETA: If a Pokemon is commanded to use Double Team twice, will the second time fail or multiplicatively increase the number of clones? Also, according to other sources Helioptile evolves with Sun Stone, not Thunder Stone.

When Snatch has been used, it will steal the first move it is able to. But as... someone else said here, I already forget who oops, it's very fast so Pokemon can use it reactively.

Confirming that number of clones is increased additively, ie. if a Pokemon used Double Team and made three clones, if it uses it again, it gets another three.

Harvest: if a pokémon with Harvest begins the round immediately eats its berry upon producing it, thus "not be able to produce any more berries for the duration of the battle", and then later gains another berry, will it be able to produce more berries of the new type if it consumes it?

Harvest: if a pokémon with Harvest begins the round immediately eats its berry upon producing it, thus "not be able to produce any more berries for the duration of the battle", and then later gains another berry, will it be able to produce more berries of the new type if it consumes it?
Yes.

For Endure, the energy cost listed in the D&E Guide example seems to be backwards; it says that a Pokemon at 3% health Enduring an 8% damage attack prevents 6% damage and costs 4% energy, but doing the calculations/looking at the situation I think it should say that it prevents 4% damage and costs 6% energy (the 4% it prevented plus the base 2%). I could be wrong but it seems a little off

For Endure, the energy cost listed in the D&E Guide example seems to be backwards; it says that a Pokemon at 3% health Enduring an 8% damage attack prevents 6% damage and costs 4% energy, but doing the calculations/looking at the situation I think it should say that it prevents 4% damage and costs 6% energy (the 4% it prevented plus the base 2%). I could be wrong but it seems a little off

After Enduring, the Pokemon is left with 1% health, so it took 2%, which means it prevented 6% damage. The base cost of Endure is 2%, plus 6/3 = 2% more for the damage it prevented. Not sure if I answered your question, but...? I think the D&E is correct there.

In game it does so I would guess so.

The database says no damage from Leech Seed sso I would said no burn or poison either

So, any plans for Fakemon coming back? Not all the people who made 'em are still around, though, and they would probably need updates if so, but I kinda miss my little guys, hah.

Yes, Magic Guard prevents damage from burns and poisoning, as those are indirect damage.

So, any plans for Fakemon coming back? Not all the people who made 'em are still around, though, and they would probably need updates if so, but I kinda miss my little guys, hah.
There has been no conclusion or veto. We're busy with other organizational matters, and we have things to bring back first -- until then, we have a lot of time to gauge how interested people are in fakemon returning.

Currently, no. The system and every Fakemon would have to go through major overhauls, and we want to focus on other things first.

Does Round take the double damage increase if both Pokemon using it are opponents?
Yes, and in fact, I think it'd be more of a point of doubt whether Round can get boosted by Pokémon on opposing sides of the field using it. I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen in the games, for one thing.

EDIT: Unless that's exactly what you meant by "both Pokémon using it are opponents", which I took to mean they were both on the opposing side rather than both on opposing sides. Whoops.

Back
Top Bottom