• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SSB4 player chosen DLC characters

The thing is why did they not include these characters in the game like they have in the past like on the N64 they were all there and on the GCN they were all there and I am pretty sure they were all there on the Wii even though I never played that one. Why change it up so not everyone can use these characters and yet now we have to buy them? No this is getting really bad. Why not just add them in the game and sell it like always? Makes no sense.:(

The choice isn't between putting them in the game or selling them as DLC. The game already has all the characters that they had the budget/time/resources to put in the game by the release deadline.

The choice is between selling them as DLC or not making them at all. Isn't the former better?

Last edited:
There's a hell of a lot of characters in SSB4 anyway. Are you seriously complaining that there aren't more? The N64 game had twelve.

I voted Inkling for that Splatoon hype. If Splatoon somehow ends up being bad, I'm gonna be so upset.

(Other characters I almost voted for: Bandanna Dee, Marshal (or Karate Joe, either one), Banjo+Kazooie)

The thing is why did they not include these characters in the game like they have in the past like on the N64 they were all there and on the GCN they were all there and I am pretty sure they were all there on the Wii even though I never played that one. Why change it up so not everyone can use these characters and yet now we have to buy them? No this is getting really bad. Why not just add them in the game and sell it like always? Makes no sense.:(

If you don't like the idea of buying characters, never play League of Legends.

No what I am trying to say is why did they not include these characters in the early stages of making the game? Why bot take your time and push back the release date so that way the game is made with effort and quality and not rush things like they did before the year 2000? Back then they took their time to make sure everything was completed and also made sure most if not all glitches were fixed before the release of any game. Now they rush there are more glitches and they don't get everything done like they should and now they want money for any extra data. Does not make sense but ok.:(

Back then they took their time to make sure everything was completed and also made sure most if not all glitches were fixed before the release of any game. Now they rush there are more glitches

The whole "OLD GAMES ALWAYS FIXED THEIR GLITCHES AND NEW ONES DON'T" thing makes very little sense to me. A CRAPTON of glitches were present in old games; take, for example, Pokemon RBY (and also Green). The presence of Missingno (and also 'M), Glitch City...look how long Bulbapedia's glitch list is! Like, even theGen VI list isn't that bad.

It's true that some games nowadays are rushed (*cough cough SONIC BOOM cough*) but I STRONGLY doubt this is a new phenomenon.

It's true that some games nowadays are rushed (*cough cough SONIC BOOM cough*) but I STRONGLY doubt this is a new phenomenon.

I'd argue that Sonic Boom would be a good argument against patching games.

RIP Flying Knuckles 2014-2015
"I wanna fly high, so I can reach the highest of all of the heavens..."

No not those Pokemon games. I am talking about the games for the big systems for home use . Those games had save battery backups and eventually that was removed. After those were fixed there were a lot less glitches until the first 2 Pokemon games came out. From then on we have not had very well maintenance on games since then. Back then they took their time got most glitches fixed but from then on they have not really made things the way they should be and by making it so we have to buy characters makes that much worse.:(

Those games had save battery backups and eventually that was removed. After those were fixed there were a lot less glitches until the first 2 Pokemon games came out.

This... is pretty overly-specific, I'd say, as well as blatantly untrue. Have you seen videos of Super Mario 64? That game is arguably worse than Sonic Boom in terms of pure glitch content, it's just that it's more easily hidden and Super Mario 64 is a game that stood the test of time regardless. And that's saying nothing of games like Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64 (and let's not speak of non-first-party games...) - even Melee had a glitch that lets you play as Master Hand, which is a significant oversight! Super Mario Sunshine allows you to walk underwater in many levels. Working backwards, Kirby Super Star has a glitch that allows total control of the game. As programming gets more solid, so too do game constructions, and modern games are (with exceptions like the aforementioned Sonic Boom and Big Rigs, which is barely a 'game' anyway) mostly exempt from the kind of game-breaking nightmares that plagued even the best of the best first-party titles back in the day. I've seen more glitches in Super Mario 64 than in any other game I've played except maybe Red/Blue, and SM64 predates R/B by around a year and was created as the premiere N64 game (unlike five-years-in-development, nearly-bankrupted-Game-Freak "let's-gamble-on-these-games" Pokémon).

Anyway, the reason DLC didn't exist in SSB1, or Melee, or Brawl, etc. is because those systems had no way to connect to the internet reliably enough to make DLC an option. The purpose behind DLC is to make money, and this is a known fact - just as Red and Blue and Yellow and Green are all separate, just as Red and Blue were remade ten years later, just as even the Mystery Dungeon games feel the need to do the paired-version-thing, just as stuff like Ocarina of Time Master Quest exists, just as Virtual Console exists, just as PokéBank costs money, just as "expansion packs" like the extra case in Dual Destinies and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe/Kirby Fighters Deluxe (for Kirby Triple Deluxe) exist. It is because companies wish to make money. A solid way of doing this is by releasing characters that they know people like separately, so that people have to pay for them. It is not a sign of lower quality standards; it is merely an indication that video gaming has progressed to the point where this is possible, unlike with the completely-Internet-incapable older systems.

I never had any glitches in the copies of some of the games you described above. Where did you guys find these glitches? If bought used I can see but I always buy retail. That could be why I have never had problems. The only glitch I have run across is the Black City White Forest glitch when you transfer people it duplicates them. Now I cannot transfer without another White version I think. My Black version has the glitch that messed up the people transfer I think.:)

Where did you guys find these glitches? If bought used I can see but I always buy retail. That could be why I have never had problems.

You have to MASSIVELY mess with a used game to create new glitches entirely. Most glitches are programming oversights. Or "we put this in a placeholder position and you can accidentally access it in this way and it does weird things to your game," like a decent amount of pre-gen3 Pokemon glitches (howdy Missingno and basically all the glitch guys in GSC.

Speaking of Pokemon games, this is super nitpicky but you said before 2000 "they took their time to make sure everything was completed and also made sure most if not all glitches were fixed before the release of any game"and then after I brought up GRBY you changed that around so??????

When I played the games I had I never did have any glitches in my copies. My save battery died in the Illusion of Gaia. That was the only problem I had and we could not save anymore. Other than that that was the only glitch problem I had. How did you guys find glitches XD?:)

What about Minus World? One of the most famous glitches!

Also, Pacman completely breaking down if you pass 255 levels.

I have never tried that glitch or the extra world glitch in the original Metroid either. That may be why I have never had glitch issues because I never attempted to try the glitches.:)

Lol i was first to post this topic but hadn't voted until just now (leaving it to the last minute, so if anyone wants to vote get in while yo can it closes on 3rd of Oct)

Decided I'd 'Play by the rules' and only voted once, a tough call but I decided on Sceptile (sorry Midna and Wolf Link, K.Rool, Dixie, Tetra) for these reasons:

No grass type starter
Would represent Gen 3 and Oras

personally at first I wanted Blaziken as a Gen 3 represent, but with it being in Pokken and there being no grass starter Sceptile seems like a better choice, Thinking about it Sceptile would be an interesting fighter (if how I imagine it would fight), a slighty large but not heavy character, that uses quick short range cuts and slashes to rack up damage then slower heavier attacks using the tail and leaf blades. with a limited amount of ranged attacks

maybe something like this for a move set
B bullet seed horizontal but can be angled like Bowser and Charizard's flamethrowers or Energy Ball (Samus' charge beam/ Robins Thunder-Thoron)
<B> leaf blade/night slash/dual chop? Lunges forward and strikes in a quick flurry that causes a small amount of stun but little knock back then leaves (no pun intended) you defenseless for a split second afterward (sort of like an opposite to Pit and Ikes B>)
B_ Frenzy Plant a slow attack that causes vines to sprout either side of Sceptile and cause decent knock back, (sort of like DK's Hand slap but isn't channeled)
B^ this is a hard one (all I can really think of is aerial ace/agility) or burrow Leaf Tornado from Snivy and co., spins upwards a decent height but is slow, the most damage is cause from Sceptile's Leaf blades although any of the sides cause damage from small leaves (kind of like Meta Knights B but slower and rises up (guess its pretty much Links Spin attack then) since the Treeko line can't learn L tornado maybe ill have to go with agility (pretty much Pits B^ no damage, but launches a nice distance

A attacks: quick chops and cuts maybe slow tail swipes for A tilts
smash attacks:
^smash like Sheiks crossing chop (inspired by X scissor?) , <Smash> Slams tail sideways, _smash sweeps tail both sides (think Ikes _smash)

Final Smash Leaf Storm or Solar Beam: Mega evolves than shoots LF or SB from the tail tip (can be angled like Samus' beam)

SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT
or plague knight too honestly
(honestly though, there's already a shovel knight amiibo, he's got quite a big cult following, and he'd be pretty simple to implement in the combat.)

Back
Top Bottom