• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Alright... Not RNG'd up, not one of my favorite Pokémon, just one I'm sort of obsessed with.

20090718101338%21171Lanturn.png

Lanturn.

So we went from Redglare to Dualscar this fast.

I get it that they couldn't make it part Dark because it had to be Electric, but I think Lanturn should learn Crunch, or at least Thunder Fang. Also it should be female-only like Vespiquen.
This paragraph was the only objective one in this post.

Also it's my Zodiac Pokémon. I used to like it because of Volt Absorb, but then I made a certain association with Homestuck. The season of Water is OK, but this is too close to Eridan. Come on, the shiny form is even purple!

Bulbapedia says it has dolphin aspects. That is seriously weird.
Also:
On the Origin of Species guy on Bulbapedia said:
Chinchou and Lanturn look more like the cheery stars of a Pixar movie than the deep sea horrors they're actually based on.
I only know one Pixar movie with an anglerfish in it, and that was Finding Nemo.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I really like Lanturn. Probably because of the cool type. It's one of those type-combinations I can never quite remember the weaknesses and resistances of. It's also cute.

And I don't know why it is somehow a dolphin. Though I've heard people argue that Kyogre is the dolphin Pokemon, which makes less sense.

I like Lanturn a lot. Also because in Pokemon Stadium 2, it tends to have a pretty good rental moveset for both of its types (which are usually terrible with handing out moves ugh).

That said, I like its design and typing and... yeah.

Oh man, the memories. In Gold, I remember always catching Level 40 Chinchou in Olivine Bay with the Super Rod. Level it up and you have a Level 41 Laturn that knows Hydro Pump (I used to think Hydro Pump was the baddest of the badass moves).

:D I love Lanturn! They're crazy useful. Chinchou is cuter though.

Lantern = adorable

New day.

Unown-e

I caught an "e" unown in my platinum run that was just at the same level as my team with it's hidden power being ice. Basically, I love unown if you've got the right hidden power type.

I also caught a shiny "a" unown in my leafgreen. Unown

They were great in that movie with Entei and Ash's mom. Other than that, not a fan.

I have the ENTIRE ALPHABET plus ! and ? on my Black. I try to use them to communicate with people on GTS Negotiations, but unfortunately people don't really understand the unown alphabet as well as I do.

I have the ENTIRE ALPHABET plus ! and ? on my Black.
this

but unfortunately people don't really understand the unown alphabet as well as I do.
i try, it is actually easy. *goes to find superbird*

but yes, the unown are beautiful. i migrated them from lg -> ss -> black and have them all. they need better moves.

my pic on my profile is my original username in unown

The concept of Unown is really cool, but as an actual Pokemon the things are kind of useless. I remember catching one for the first time in Gold thinking it was a rare, powerful Pokemon and being crushingly disappointed.

I caught them all in platinum (I think?) and found a shiny one. They're kind of meh. Unown are hard to read. :C

Cubone are great! I love marowak too, and their backstories are depressing but really interesting.
Skorupi are cute and I really like them; I have mixed feelings about drapion, though. Because drapion's not a bug anymore. :(
Arcanine being "legendary" is really amusing. They're a fun pokemon, in a way, but their overall design is sort of eh when you get down to it. Happens with most of gen one, honestly, so. It doesn't stop me from liking them.
Masquerain are hilarious and aaa. Intimidate. I wish they were water/bug, though; would've been a nice type combination and such.
Lanturn are kind of a step down from chinchou, personally; chinchou have this ~mystery~ thing going on with the plus-shaped eyes and. Oh well. They're still cool, chinchou are just better.

Unown are awesome. :D I love Spell of the Unown the movie, and the alphabet thing is really fun to play around with! I've never had the patience to capture all of them and do the thing Superbird talked about, but I hope to do it someday and then it'll be awesome.

I'd love to have a shiny ! unown. That would be so cool.

Cubone are great! I love marowak too, and their backstories are depressing but really interesting.
Skorupi are cute and I really like them; I have mixed feelings about drapion, though. Because drapion's not a bug anymore. :(
Arcanine being "legendary" is really amusing. They're a fun pokemon, in a way, but their overall design is sort of eh when you get down to it. Happens with most of gen one, honestly, so. It doesn't stop me from liking them.
Masquerain are hilarious and aaa. Intimidate. I wish they were water/bug, though; would've been a nice type combination and such.
Lanturn are kind of a step down from chinchou, personally; chinchou have this ~mystery~ thing going on with the plus-shaped eyes and. Oh well. They're still cool, chinchou are just better.

Unown are awesome. :D I love Spell of the Unown the movie, and the alphabet thing is really fun to play around with! I've never had the patience to capture all of them and do the thing Superbird talked about, but I hope to do it someday and then it'll be awesome.

I'd love to have a shiny ! unown. That would be so cool.

also you write notes and essays unownen don't forget that

well, essay.

Well, they are sort of useless in the games, but can be interesting when not tied up by game mechanics. And they can be a lot of different symbols in the anime, so creepy ancient texts can be even more mysterious.

There should be an anime episode named "Fear of the Unown". They have so much Lovecraftian weirdness potential... We need an aspiring writer from Lacunosa Town to come up with a Luxray and investigate.

I never really understood the point of having Unown in the pokemon series, especially in crystal. But its fun trying to collect the whole alphabet

Back
Top Bottom