• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hyrule Warriors

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
For those of you who don't know, Hyrule Warriors is a Dynasty Warriors game but with a Zelda setting and characters.

Until today there were only trailers for specific characters but there's a proper trailer now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c8EEXL3L8c

What does everyone think?

I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game before so I'm not sure which of the gameplay aspects are "new"
For one it looks like the enemies don't even bother attacking you and you just go around bulldozing through them, although they might just be playing on the lowest difficulty setting for the sake of the trailer.

I'm happy with most of the character choices although I'm not sure what to think of Lana who is a new character. She seems like a typical bubbly giggly anime girl, although we'll see what she's like when the game actually comes out.

I agree with a lot of people that the inclusion of Agitha is a bit weird but if it was unique movesets they were going for it makes sense, and she was one of the more memorable characters from Twilight Princess anyway.

Looks like an interesting game, I've never played Warriors but the game looks good.

I also love the character roster (and I love some of the new designs - looking good, Impa) and it's cool how there's so many female characters.

For my wanted characters (unannounced)... Groose would be fun, I think

I've never played Dynasty Warriors, but the gameplay looks interesting, the graphics are beautiful, and the characters are precious. That is all.

I've been majorly excited about this, though I've never played Dynasty Warriors myself!

so many badass ladies to play as and it looks pretty as fuck so I'm definitely buying it

decent visuals, exciting combat and badass ladies are par for the course in any Dynasty Warriors

the enemy soldiers in Musou games generally don't do much to even so much as threaten the player in anything from Easy to Normal mode, unless it's an enemy officer, at least until you start hitting the 6, 7 or 8 star missions. Hard and up to Nightmare/Chaos are always the ones where the player needs to stay vigilant at all times though

being a Warriors game however, i can almost guarantee it's going to take hits from people from being repetitive, because they really are repetitive games. though decimating armies is never more fun than it is in these types of games. if anyone gets the chance i highly recommend trying out the newest Dynasty or Samuai Warriors game (the latter actually isn't out until October for the US) or any of their other spinoffs/clones/knockoffs (Sengoku BASARA, Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage, One Piece: Pirate Warriors, Gundam, etc... there was even one for Saint Seiya, but it only released in Japan and Europe), they're fun, very easy to get into, and great time wasters and stress relief

everything else said, i wouldn't be surprised if Link got a costume based off of Zhao Yun from his latest Dynasty Warriors appearance, given that the 3DS game that never released in the US got his costume for custom warriors

i'm pretty excited, even though i haven't played any dynasty warriors games and only one samurai warriors one.
i like that they are picking more obscure characters (although i feel like adding Agitha was jumping the gun, but oh well) and the moon from majora's mask looks like a cool addition.
i am just really hoping for some majora's mask or wind waker representation (mostly MM)! like maybe skull kid or medli?

I doubt there'll be much wind waker because of the art style differences. One of Zelda's "weapons" will be the wind waker itself and considering Medli's thing is a harp I doubt she'd make the cut because they could do that with Sheik.

not much is stopping them from redesigning a character from their original artstyle outside of whether or not they feel it's necessary or would be well-recieved. redesigning a character from the ground up wouldn't be that much different from Lana, an original character, bar the fact that Lana didn't already have certain foundations that made her character who she is unlike everyone else

even then, any of the Wind Waker characters could just end up the same size as Agitha anyway

IF they included Medli, they'd likely include both a harp and absurd wing strength that allows her to whip up tornadoes and such

If they do include any WW characters I hope and expect it to be Medli because she's obviously the best character in the game, but it's not really the art style by itself that makes me think it's unlikely.

If they wanted to include WW!Link they would redesign him to look like young!Link, the game goes for most characters, but I'm not sure how they'd make Medli's beak look good at all in a more "realistic" style.
But that's also why I think she's most likely to be included; her and Makar are the only ones I think there's any chance of being included and Makar would be even harder to make look good.

Sheik does indeed fight using a harp, in addition to throwing knives/daggers

she fights by playing each of the songs she teaches to Link in OoT to unleash a variety of magic spells relating to each of the areas the song is for (ie; Bolero of Fire unleashes flames on a specified area, the Nocturne of Shadows looks like it briefly stuns enemies and pulls them together into a condensed crowd with darkness, almost like a gravity well of sorts)

she looks to be the one of the most varied single characters, not counting the different weapon types Link can use, i'll definitely have fun using her

It seems like the next Nintendo Direct will be about Hyrule Warriors.

EDIT: THAT'S HOW YOU PRONOUNCE "FI" ?!?

Last edited:
So this has been out for a few days and I've beaten the main story. Despite the occasional drop in framerate, co-op is also really fun.

My favorite characters to play as are probably Sheik and Ghirahim. Honestly though, there isn't a character I don't like playing as. I didn't enjoy the game so much at first, but once I figured out that you need to seriously defend your base and not just rush to complete objectives, the game became more fun, especially as I started unlocking more characters.

I'm debating on whether or not to pre-order the DLCs. There's going to be a Majora's Mask pack, and I'm pretty excited for that. Maybe Skull Kid will be one of the playable characters?

Honestly though, there isn't a character I don't like playing as.

I would guess that's what they were aiming for!

Is it worth getting? I don't have a Wii U but I want to get its best games and play them when the next console comes out.

oh maaan I've been playing this for the past five days and it's so much fun! I kind of... suck though especially at adventure mode's different kinds of battles, and I just can't play midna which feels like treachery on the highest level

however I am death when playing sheik and fi and I can't wait to unlock ghirahim and try my hand at him

I would guess that's what they were aiming for!

Is it worth getting? I don't have a Wii U but I want to get its best games and play them when the next console comes out.
I wouldn't get a Wii U just for this game, but when you do get one, it's worth picking up. Hopefully the price will have dropped by then. I think $60 is a bit much, especially when the main story is so short. Yeah, I know the main bulk of the game is in adventure mode, but once I unlocked all the characters, there was little incentive for me to continue that.

Is it a good game? Yeah, it's pretty fun, even though it can get a bit repetitive. Honestly though, it's worth it for the Zelda fanservice alone. Playing as all these badass characters is ultimately very satisfying.

So apparently there's going to be a version coming out on 3DS! With Tetra and the King of Hyrule as characters.

The video was unlisted briefly but it's private again now so it was probably a mistake.

Hopefully I won't need a New 3DS to play it. And hopefully the King will say mah boi at some point.

Back
Top Bottom