• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Villainous Team Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

Re: Villainous Team Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

Anyway, I have the power to broadcast the number of people who targeted a user of my choice, and last night I targeted Nira. I'm guessing it was redirected to Jack because he swapped himself with Nira or something?

Well, I was hoping to get at least another night of everybody suspecting that I bounce things back, so the Mafia would avoid me and I could try to figure out a more strategic use of my power, but since this info's out in the open now, I may as well come clean. You're exactly right — I pick two targets (self-targeting permitted) and swap everything that happens to the two of them overnight. The first night, I didn't target anybody, and the second night, I swapped myself and Nira.

Now that my power's known publicly, though, trying to do anything useful with it has a decent chance of the scum being able to outpredict me, so instead I'm just going to use an RNG to pick swaps, unless anybody has suggestions for better ways for me to use my power.

Well... that actually resulted in more information than I thought. Sorry that ended up outing you all the way, Jack, although it is kinda nice to know what all that nonsense was about. (Doesn't really clear up whether self-targeting or redirected actions are announced, but there's no point beating a dead horse; we'll just have to see what happens and whether anything else useful is revealed when Zapi acts in the future.) Defaulting to RNGing is kinda scary, but I agree that I can't think of anything better to do... not that I can think of much of anything anyway, since it's not like there's anyone specific to protect based on what we know other than yourself or just anyone you think is useful. Unless you've got some kind of idea who a doctor or someone might be and don't think the mafia would know yet, but obviously you should keep that to yourself, etc..

As for whether the dead rolecop whatever thing's information is more useful to town or mafia... hm. That would probably depend on the role that actually got inspected. Like, it'd be a pretty bad idea to announce that a doctor or similar is dead, because it lets the mafia know that there's one less healer they need to worry about, and same goes for most other traditional town power roles, but as has been said before there are probably a lot of shenanigans going on and maybe something that actually should be revealed will come up. I guess, assuming the information is true and not some kind of mafia ruse, it would be best if you/whoever else might receive the rolecop info just used their best judgement. Might also be handy information to hang onto to counterclaim in the deceased's place—someone says "hey don't lynch me i'm the doctor", someone else says "uh no the rolecop told me so-and-so-dead-guy was a doctor and i doubt there are two", etc., etc..

At the end of the day, though, I don't think we're actually any closer to any useful information to act on right now? Some confusion has been sorted out, but that's about it. For now I'm pretty confident in believing all three people who've claimed/partially claimed, no one else stands out as suspicious to me, and now that pretty much everyone has posted (no, seriously, I really appreciate that, I know I whine about it a lot but I just like it when people talk ;-; ) there's not much call for an immediate inactive lynch. I guess we've still got a little time for something interesting to happen before we resort to abstaining, but I dunno...

We're so good at keeping up with this. Anyone else have anything to say or should we just abstain?

abstaining sounds good to me, too.

Looker's daily report

I have enacted my brillant plan to show the prisoners that they should be wearing the prison uniform! However, since I am wearing the uniform myself and the warden believes that I "look shady", I am not being allowed outside of the complex. That is fine. I may have left at home all of the documents that prove that I am an International Police officer, since I am going undercover -- as I am always undercover, even when the criminals have already been caught -- but surely, they will understand my claims when I prove to them my wit and my abilities.

For example, the murder last night was committed by one... eh? There was no murder last night?

No one was lynched.

72 hours for night actions.

looker dabes

no i am not going to listen to ur stupid night rules. u know me.

Ninth notch on Lysandre's cell wall.

With each passing moment, the overall beauty in this establishment decays. I am beginning to experience nightmares in which my appearance becomes similar to that Wulfric of Snowbelle City. Brrrrrrrrrrr. To keep my mind focused away from this atrocity, I must focus on the spiritual ugliness that infests this place, rather than the physical one.

And even if I were not willingly throwing myself body and soul into this distraction, it would be impossible to ignore the ongoings. After all, somebody managed to overpower Gonzap in direct physical combat. I haven't seen for myself what the man is capable of, but the inmates are saying that no one or two or three or four people could have brought a juggernaut of his caliber down alone. Then again, it seems that he went into death with a serene expression on his face -- perhaps he had merely accepted his fate and did not fight back. If he had, the perpretator would likely have been dealt a number of incriminating injuries; alas, it seems that this assailant's identity will remain a mystery for the time being.

I am also told that the newly-deceased's affiliation in the outside was to one Team Snagem. If I remember correctly... Petty crooks, the lot of them. No philosophy, no aim, only pointless thievery. Taking and taking and taking only for themselves, giving nothing back. Completely unlike the just battles that I had tried to fight while I was still free. It pains me to be considered an equal to such scum... At least, he and his ugly mug are no longer, and the overall beauty of this compound rises just slightly. Perhaps there is hope for beauty, after a-

Gnnrk! How long? How long must the personnel responsible for sanitation around here neglect the glass shards in this cell? This is the fourth wound to my sole within a mere day!!

Zero Moment, the Gonzap, is dead. He was Innocent.

72 hours for discussion.

As promised, I randomized my action and swapped ILS and Flora.

Gonzap seemed to accept his fate and not fight back, and thus had no incriminating injuries? I'm not sure what to make of that. My first instinct was a traitor-like role, but that typically would flip as scum, wouldn't it? Other than that possibility, perhaps the kill was in some way flavored as psychic/mental-based? Or maybe Gonzap was, like, a bulletproof, or got healed or something, and the kill was a strongman-like kill? (although now that I think about it, that would probably involve a lot of incriminating injuries, actually) Or, like, maybe Gonzap was a bodyguard and died protecting somebody else? Lots of possibilities off the top of my head, none of which really quite fit all that well. :/

As promised, I randomized my action and swapped ILS and Flora.

Gonzap seemed to accept his fate and not fight back, and thus had no incriminating injuries? I'm not sure what to make of that. My first instinct was a traitor-like role, but that typically would flip as scum, wouldn't it? Other than that possibility, perhaps the kill was in some way flavored as psychic/mental-based? Or maybe Gonzap was, like, a bulletproof, or got healed or something, and the kill was a strongman-like kill? (although now that I think about it, that would probably involve a lot of incriminating injuries, actually) Or, like, maybe Gonzap was a bodyguard and died protecting somebody else? Lots of possibilities off the top of my head, none of which really quite fit all that well. :/

It could also be a sign that nothing funky happened in the night - not like last night - or that ZM in particular couldn't have done anything about it (or maybe could have, but chose not to).

Idk - it's been forever since I've been in an MF mafia but part of me thinks we're reading too much into it?

Okay I'm just gonna spill my role because I still haven't figured out exactly what it's useful for, and I can probably be more helpful if I make it public knowledge. MF explained my role as being a "Switch". At any point, I can switch on/off: voting/killing actions, and/or disruptive actions. If I switch off voting/killing actions, all the vigs, CPR doctors, vote thieves, and etc. have their actions blocked. If I switch off disruptive actions, roleblockers, redirectors, framers, and other disruptive actions will be blocked. I can even switch both off at the same time. Here's the catch: Only innocent players are affected by these switches. I can't just turn off the killing switch and prevent the mafia from ever killing (although that would be kind of hilarious).

Because of the very specific way this role affects the game, I just chose not to use it the first two nights. This last night, though, I switched off disruptive actions to see what would happen. Therefore, JackPK's action shouldn't have worked.

If you can think of any creative ways for me to use this power, let me know. If you want me to verify the role just try to vig kill me tonight, and I'll switch off the killing switch. Killswitch Disengage.

If I switch off voting/killing actions, all the vigs, CPR doctors, vote thieves, and etc. have their actions blocked. If I switch off disruptive actions, roleblockers, redirectors, framers, and other disruptive actions will be blocked.

I wonder, were all of those examples listed in your role PM? Because if so, it may or may not be a stretch to assume that all of those examples exist as roles in this game.

Although in a MF game, who knows.

I wonder, were all of those examples listed in your role PM? Because if so, it may or may not be a stretch to assume that all of those examples exist as roles in this game.

Although in a MF game, who knows.
They were. Well, they weren't in the original PM, but when I didn't understand what the role meant and had to ask MF to elaborate, those were the examples he gave. The fact that my role exists in this game is probably evidence enough that a few of those roles are present.

general announcement - i'll be on the road most of the day tomorrow and likely won't be spending too much time on the interwebs. Then on friday and saturday i'll be v busy and saturday i'll be driving home. I'll post what I can, but just wanted to say

Well, since this is now 50+ posts and nobody seems to have made a summary, I guess I will

(I'm assuming the first night is labeled N0, then we go on to D1, N1, and so forth... but some people seem to be labeling the first night as N1, so if there are any inconsistencies based on that, I duly apologize)

Roles claimed in signup thread:
Superbird — Courtney of Team Magma

VM — Cyrus of Team Galactic

Flora — Lovrina of Cipher

ILS — Gengar of Team Meanies or Ice of Team Dim Sun, hasn't claimed which one MF settled on

Butterfree — N of Team Plasma

Nira — Ghetsis of Team Plasma

Negrek — Giovanni of Team Rocket

Zapi — Archie of Team Aqua, claims he's clearly the ORAS incarnation

Kratos Aurion — Wes, formerly of Team Snagem

JackPK — Team Rocket's Meowth or Petrel of Team Rocket, claims MF settled on Petrel

Zero Moment — Gonzap of Team Snagem

Altissimo — a bunch of possibilities, claims MF settled on all four of the Go-Rock Quads​

Claims and other evidence from game thread:
Superbird — died N0, flipped innocent

VM — can switch on/off either killing/voting actions and/or disruptive actions, but only affects innocents. Didn't do anything N0 or N1. Turned off disruptive actions N2.

Flora —

ILS — answered "nope" to question of whether people targeted Jack or Nira N0 or N1; others had already answered with only partial information, so it's unclear exactly how much ILS is saying

Butterfree — didn't target JackPK or Nira (presumably on both N0 and N1). Says she got a report N1 claiming that Superbird's power was to inform a living player of a dead player's powers.

Nira — not a kill power. Targeted JackPK N1 but got results regarding themself.

Negrek — not a broadcasting power. Didn't target JackPK N1.

Zapi — can broadcast the number of people who target a user of their choice. Didn't do anything N0; targeted JackPK N1.

Kratos Aurion — says their role fits Wes well, but not in a way they expected. Didn't target JackPK N0. Didn't target JackPK or Nira N1.

JackPK — can swap two targets during the night. Didn't do anything N0; swapped self and Nira N1; swapped ILS and Flora N2.

Zero Moment — didn't target JackPK or Nira N0. died N2, flipped innocent.

Altissimo — didn't target JackPK or Nira N0 or N1.​

Events of each phase:
N0 — Superbird (Courtney) died, flipped innocent

D1 — no lynch

N1 — no death, public note that two people targeted JackPK

D2 — no lynch

N2 — Zero Moment (Gonzap) died, flipped innocent​

I have a few thoughts but I'm gonna put them in a subsequent post bc I'm afraid people will kinda just speed read through this list and not notice anything I put down here at the bottom

I LIEK SCYTHERS, are you Gengar or Ice? Not that this is important at all; it's just one of the few empty spaces in my list up above, lol

FLORA, you haven't really spoken and you're the only one who hasn't made a claim whatsoever. Have anything you want to share?

ZAPI, there was no broadcast today. Did you refrain from using your power, or are we to assume it got turned off as a result of VM's switch?

And finally, did anyone get a report like the one Butterfree got yesterday? If you think it's in the innocents' best interests not to publicize the information in the report, then fine, but at least let us know if you received a report at all, please.

I also notice Altissimo has always been the first one to launch the abstain train each day so far. I'm really not suspicious yet, but abstaining is generally more beneficial to scum than random lynching, so that's just something to think about in the future.

I also notice Altissimo has always been the first one to launch the abstain train each day so far. I'm really not suspicious yet, but abstaining is generally more beneficial to scum than random lynching, so that's just something to think about in the future.

Mostly I do it because discussion tapers off after a while, nobody says anything as far as lynching or not lynchinc goes and i'm sick of mafias just up and dying because people don't actually go anywhere during the day phase. I join these games to play and I would appreciate it if others would do the same.

Mostly I do it because discussion tapers off after a while, nobody says anything as far as lynching or not lynchinc goes and i'm sick of mafias just up and dying because people don't actually go anywhere during the day phase. I join these games to play and I would appreciate it if others would do the same.

Absolutely a fair point.

On the topic of lynching vs abstaining, if we assume MF started with roughly a typical amount of scum and if we assume that both of the deathflips have been correct, then right now we're sitting at probably 3 or 4 scum out of 10 remaining players, and that ratio is only going to get worse for us if we keep abstaining.

I'm not particularly suspicious of any specific person yet, but the fact of the matter is that (if the above assumptions are correct, and if the scum successfully kill each night from now on) we're only two to four abstains away from a scum win.

Abstaining is definitely better than a game dwindling and dying, but I think lynching is getting more and more likely to be better than abstaining.

Back
Top Bottom