• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gen 7 sprites now working with sprite BBCode

Butterfree

Still loves Joltik, though!
Staff member
Heartache staff
Pronoun
she/her
Hello, everyone! I'm inexcusably late with this, I know, but you should now be able to use the forum's sprite BBCodes for Gen 7 Pokémon. First, you can use 'sm' as the sprite set to get the sprite from the 'unified' sprite set I created for the Favorite Pokémon Picker, with 128x128 sprites for every Pokémon (either half-size versions of the Alolan dex sprites or padded versions of the OR/AS dex sprites):

[sprite=sm]charizard[/sprite] [sprite=sm]butterfree[/sprite] [sprite=sm]type-null[/sprite] [sprite=sm]raichu-alola[/sprite]

becomes

charizard butterfree type-null raichu-alola

Secondly, you can use the 'sm-dex' set to get the full-size 256x256 Alolan dex sprite of the Pokémon, for a Pokémon that has one (others will get the regular, unchanged OR/AS dex sprite as a fallback):

[sprite=sm-dex]charizard[/sprite] [sprite=sm-dex]butterfree[/sprite] [sprite=sm-dex]type-null[/sprite] [sprite=sm-dex]raichu-alola[/sprite]

becomes

Finally, the 'party' set has been updated to the Gen 7 icons:

[sprite=party]charizard[/sprite] [sprite=party]butterfree[/sprite] [sprite=party]type-null[/sprite] [sprite=party]raichu-alola[/sprite]

becomes

Happy posting!

Huzzah, thank you Butterfree! :)

Is the case sensitivity still in effect? As in, lowercase names will work but capitalized ones will not?

cute little surfing Raichu wait why did we not get surfing Pikachu?!? Gamefreak! >:(

Huzzah, thank you Butterfree! :)

Is the case sensitivity still in effect? As in, lowercase names will work but capitalized ones will not?

cute little surfing Raichu wait why did we not get surfing Pikachu?!? Gamefreak! >:(
Yeah, they're still case sensitive. Might try to figure that out at some point, hrm.

Back
Top Bottom