• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Sprites of Varying Effort and Quality

crime gardevoir

Mainly ghosts
Pronoun
she/her/they/them
Criticism is welcome, as are suggestions (though I can't make any promises)!

A sprite I made of my favorite fakemon, based directly off its official artwork (something feels horrifically off about this sprite to me but I'm not entirely sure what it is, so critique on it is especially appreciated):
fCSjGHS.png

A from-scratch sprite I made for a friend (I'm proud of this one!):
LcPgWbW.png

An edited generation 5 sprite:
DlVQCW8.png

The previous sprite adjusted to look like it's on the Apple ][:
EyIAX8Q.png

Apple ][ Silvally, derived from its official artwork:
3L02eny.png

Some fairly boring recolors I made to practice hue shifting and work out a palette:
k2kJLXe.png

RGQIIAl.png

r8NKdxn.png

EuzxvGV.png

Very cool sprites! :3 I like how your fakes look too.

EDIT: A lava lamp pokemon is an awesome idea too. I came up with a lot of fake ideas randomly, and i actually never thought of that one xD

i think the biggest issue with your mollux sprite is the proportions. the bulb is far too big for the body, n the tentacles are almost non existent. the shading on the body is also weird where it looks like it's facing a different way than the bulb. it all kind of adds up to where the bulb feels tacked on from another sprite.

the bulb itself looks great tho, except for one minor nitpick. the base's shading is kind of flat n the shades themselves are too simple where it looks plastic.

That is helpful, thank you!

The bulb having better shading is likely a result of me cheating a bit with it. For the inside of it I used a gradient tool, converted to an indexed image with dithering, and modified the dithering to work with its small size. The outside of it was sort of just this one big simple shape with lots of space to work with, so it was a lot easier for me than the body..

To be honest, I kinda feel the palette I went with is contributing to the body looking off as well. The low contrast makes the tentacles that much harder to distinguish from the rest of it.

edit: It is indeed a Mollux from CAP.

Back
Top Bottom