• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you dream in Colour?

Well?

• Colour

Votes: 63 96.9%
  • Black and White

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
I've never tasted anything either. D: And all my dreams are nightmares. You are rubbing your noodles and rainbows in my face! ;;

Mmmmmmm... I love eating things in dreams. Because it always taste good.

Next time you have a nightmare, try lucid dreaming. Before you go to sleep, remind yourself to lucid dream, or to at least realized you're dreaming when you're dreaming. Then, you can do really random stuff!

I love jumping off buildings and stealing cars in dreams. Oh, and pointing my finger and screaming "OBJECTION!" really loudly. But mostly jumping off buildings and stealing cars.

Mmmmmmm... I love eating things in dreams. Because it always taste good.

Next time you have a nightmare, try lucid dreaming. Before you go to sleep, remind yourself to lucid dream, or to at least realized you're dreaming when you're dreaming. Then, you can do really random stuff!

I love jumping off buildings and stealing cars in dreams. Oh, and pointing my finger and screaming "OBJECTION!" really loudly. But mostly jumping off buildings and stealing cars.
I never taste things... I very clearly remeber eating spaghetti in a dream. even though dream-me enjoyed it, I couldn'ttaste anything. It was more like the suggestion of spaghetti.

Yeah... I've tried that. I've read that, once you realize you are dreaming, if you focus on a sensation [spining around was suggested] you could control the dream. I can't do it. I've also tried focusing on something happy when I go to sleep so I can dream about that; didn't work. I even tried putting focus crystals under my pillow. Nothing.

I dream in colour because my dreams are always lifelike and the real world is not black and white. But I can't rememeber the colours.

I never taste things... I very clearly remeber eating spaghetti in a dream. even though dream-me enjoyed it, I couldn'ttaste anything. It was more like the suggestion of spaghetti.

Yeah... I've tried that. I've read that, once you realize you are dreaming, if you focus on a sensation [spining around was suggested] you could control the dream. I can't do it. I've also tried focusing on something happy when I go to sleep so I can dream about that; didn't work. I even tried putting focus crystals under my pillow. Nothing.

Wow. Most of my dreams are lucid. This allows for some customization, but sometimes the dream introduces random factors. I can suggest things for it to do, but I often don't get my way. I almost miss having an entirely uncontrolled dream. (When I do, they are mostly disturbing like the one I posted in the Deep Dreams! thread before. And even then, I was attempting to fiddle with it at one point.)
At least it comes in handy. I once convinced everyone that 2 + 2 equals fish in a dream.

I heard that things written down in dreams often change randomly when you look at them, so maybe if written things are randomly changing, you'll figure out that it's likely a dream? Or test somehow by doing something unrealistic.

I don't know.

Last edited:
I dream in coor. I also tend to feel what's going on in my dreams. It's a bit scary. Never had a lucid dream that I can recall...although I want to have one.

I dream in color. And then I start Lucid dreaming. And then I slowly forget it. I just remember I had a dream and it was good.

I can't remember ever dreaming in black-and-white... Color isn't something that particularly stands out in my dreams or anything, but it's definitely there.

Focus on a sensation? Spinning? When I realize that I'm in a dream, I'm usually half-lucid. For example, there was this once I dreamed that I was in a school-place, and I was chased by monsters or something. Then, I just realized that it was a dream, so I went up to the roof of a building and tried to jump off it. However, I was still scared because i felt that it might not be a dream and I might die and stuff. But I jumped off the building anyway, and proved to myself that it's a dream (because I didn't die, unless I'm dead right now and that would be too complicated).

Don't try this at home.

I heard that things written down in dreams often change randomly when you look at them, so maybe if written things are randomly changing, you'll figure out that it's likely a dream? Or test somehow by doing something unrealistic.

It's true. For me, at least. I would dream that I'm reading a super awesome book/manga, and then it would change. Like, I'll suddenly become part of the story happening in the book/manga, or I'll start to watch things happen like it's TV, or the text will just change.

The best way to prove that you're in a dream is to kill yourself. Trying super powers and whatnot won't work (at least for me). I found that, when I'm dreaming, I can't do things that I usually can't do in real life besides flying (aka jumping off of buildings and not die) and driving. But driving doesn't really count because the, uh, vehicles in my dreams are usually weird and screwed up anyway. I had a dream once, when I was chased by zombies, then I suddenly realized that I was dreaming. So, I did what I had planned to do while lucid dreaming: I pointed my finger and screamed OBJECTION really loudly (and felt self-conscious afterward) and tried to summon something. Summoning things didn't work. At all. That's probably because I was only half-lucid dreaming, but still. I was disappointed, so I flew away.

I love my dreams.

So, I did what I had planned to do while lucid dreaming: I pointed my finger and screamed OBJECTION really loudly (and felt self-conscious afterward) and tried to summon something.

Why is everybody doing this? Is it some sort of fad? Alright, I'm trying it tonight. Maybe I can majorly manipulate my dream and become Phoenix Wright. =D
I've always wanted to have a dream where I was President. (Read: all-powerful dictator.) It would be so fun!

Why is everybody doing this? Is it some sort of fad? Alright, I'm trying it tonight. Maybe I can majorly manipulate my dream and become Phoenix Wright. =D
I've always wanted to have a dream where I was President. (Read: all-powerful dictator.) It would be so fun!

Uhhh.... Because Phoenix Wright is awesome?

Well, I semi-lucid dreamed again. I tried the spinning around thing, but I got dizzy, tripped, and fell on the ground. It didn't hurt though, but that's probably because I was dreaming.

I also attempted to drive again. Driving in dreams is fun. You can go around and crash into things and speed and you won't get hurt. Although it's quite bothersome because the controls for the, uh, vehicle keeps on changing places.

I can feel movement in my dreams. Don't think I've ever smelled, though.

Can't I just dream lucidly while I'm awake? Sure, the images will be translucent, for the lack of a better word, but it's about the same, isn't it? Plus, I have slightly more control, because I'm awake, and not too sleepy to stop thinking.

I think the whole black-and-white-television-making-people dream-in-black-and-white thing makes sense, though, actually; I tend to dream in third person, for instance, which is obviously not my personal experience of life, but rather something I pick up from films.

I tend to swith point of view. . . I think I dream like a movie. >.< Background music, different camera angles, all that stuff. It's strange. Like, sometimes I'll know who I am, but the person I refer to myself in my dream doesn't look like me. . . There was this one dream where I was Violet Baudelaire from A Series of Unfortunate Events, this was before I read the books, so, guess what? I was the actress from the movie. Ah. . . whatever, I dream in color. XDHad to italicize the important part.
Oh yeah, and this has nothing to do with color, but when I fall asleep on the couch, I wake up with the feeling that I'm falling(no pun intended). There's no real images to the dream, just the feeling I'm falling. And I am spooked for a while after it. o.o

I sometimes dream that I'm watching TV or something, then it would become real life and I would become a character in it. Sometimes, everything would switch to third person all of a sudden, and I would watch what's happening from the side and won't be able to do anything about it.

Just had a dream where I was eating bread. Nice, delicious bread. It tasted like bread. Mmmmm....

Last night I dreamed I was on TCOD replying to Butterfree's Anniversary thread. It was realistic enough that I was correcting typos I'd made when I really replied. Anyway, every time I looked back to the monitor, the text was the same. D: I think my dream-organ is broken.

I had a dream this other day when I was at a party of sorts. And there were lots of books in Chinese. Which made me excited in because of the possibility of manga and light novels. I searched through the stacks, and found a Kino no Tabi manga (which doesn't exist in real life, but who cares) and I tried to read it. However, the text kept on changing... The art was pretty though. Also, the room was really hot, and I tried to sit next to the A/C to get cold air. Which didn't really help, and the room was still hot and humid and all the bad stuff.

Turned out that I was suffocating under my blanket.

Back
Top Bottom