• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

cosmo forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cosmo Forums

Sorry to disappoint.

:(

Perhaps you should stop treating the forum as a single unit. Some people are offended by a PM with that title. Some people are also offended by the thread you mentioned.

Yup, perhaps some of our members overreacted. Negrek already dealt with that, I think. Keyword: some.

People offended by that title really really shouldn't be on the internet. Which thread did I mention again? Whichever one it was the 'take our words to heart' sentiment echoes on.

You did start this. And MusicDragon reacted quite naturally to someone who clearly seemed like a troll (perhaps Ruby shouldn't have deleted King's threads in Serious Business). Again, though: you're talking about only a few members! Someone could have PMed a moderator and got them to intervene, if necessary.

???

MusicDragon turned the thread into a superiority competition about intelligence. I don't know what King's thread was - something about communism probably. Would've been worth a shot though.

Right, except we'd clearly be looked down upon because we're the outcasts advertising a forum and... c'mon, any mod in their right mind would close the thread and end the matter.

Vixie made a mistake! It happens. Chill.

But it's Vixie's attitude in general, opal! You and I; Spaekle and I could both have civil conversations. Vixie posts with a condescending holier-than-thou attitude and that's just uncalled for.

I'm sorry but you are wildly overreacting. Two people - both recipients of said PMs - dismissed the thread offhand, quite justifiable, and a few more offered criticism. Weak criticism, perhaps, but criticism. Is that "ganging up"?

It wasn't weak criticism; if that's criticism, jeez the standards of this forum have fallen in the last few months. It was ganging up by my book; especially when Walker's an idiot who can't respond to anyone.

Your forum appears to care! Just wanted to clear up why Diplomatic was banned.

I don't even know who Diplomatic is/what members on our forum expressed an interest in caring.

Now, can we agree that this was all a product of overreaction and misunderstanding and just lay the matter to rest?

I'm down for that when Vixie apologises to Faltzer and co. for being mean.

139315577_9da8ef2810.jpg

can't we all just get along

You know, walker has the right idea here...

I'm sorry to inform you that you'll be waiting a long time for this one.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've had enough bullshit for one day and will return to my game.

'I was constantly in the wrong and gotta save my ego/narcissistic personality by condoning your behaviour.'

Good enough for me. Until next time, Vixie.

Seeing as there's no real discussion being had in this thread any more...

People offended by that title really really shouldn't be on the internet. Which thread did I mention again? Whichever one it was the 'take our words to heart' sentiment echoes on.

See, I'm offended by that title, not because I'm thin-skinned but because I simply dislike use of the words "slut" and "bitch". Have some perspective, is what I'm saying.

???

MusicDragon turned the thread into a superiority competition about intelligence. I don't know what King's thread was - something about communism probably. Would've been worth a shot though.

Yes, MD could have conducted himself better. Like I said; one member, and this was after provocation; probably he assumed that you were all intending to troll, because there've been situations in the past when entire forums decided that they really disliked tCoD for some reason and promptly invaded. Though it is quite true that people should really learn to just leave things be.

And, no, King's thread was a demand for our forum to capitulate to yours. And add 50,000 posts to each of your counts, I believe. I could undelete them, if you like.

Right, except we'd clearly be looked down upon because we're the outcasts advertising a forum and... c'mon, any mod in their right mind would close the thread and end the matter.

Probably. But you could have opened a new thread, explained that you really only wanted to advertise your forum, and had a discussion from there - much like Negrek's merging the threads.

But it's Vixie's attitude in general, opal! You and I; Spaekle and I could both have civil conversations. Vixie posts with a condescending holier-than-thou attitude and that's just uncalled for.

Much like some of your members trolling us is uncalled for.

It wasn't weak criticism; if that's criticism, jeez the standards of this forum have fallen in the last few months. It was ganging up by my book; especially when Walker's an idiot who can't respond to anyone.

It was four people who offered brief comments. One of those comments was sound - the comment on your slogan - and two were simply reacting to the PMs they'd received. The fourth was the only one you could really complain about. They were four negative comments, it's true, but they weren't unjustified. No one was ganging up.

I don't even know who Diplomatic is/what members on our forum expressed an interest in caring.

This is the post I'm referring to, mainly, and some others around it. That whole thread, really, in a broader perspective.

I'm down for that when Vixie apologises to Faltzer and co. for being mean.

Sure, once King and whoever Diplomatic was apologises to us. Or we could just let it go. I have no more time for this, either way, so good day. I'd appreciate it if you would kindly ask people to stop signing up for the purpose of attacking Vixie.

EDIT: Tailsy, I was having a perfectly good discussion. >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom